Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1191 - Maxx Force Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby Geauga Dog » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:43 pm

Too bad they couldn't make it like a Vekoma Intertigo where you face each other but then again with the intensity of Batman I wouldn't want someon'es lunch on my lap.

Togo > Vekoma

Postby DejaVu The Ride » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:04 pm

SharkTums wrote:Thorpe and Universal Japan have both announced that there will be a forwards and backwards option on their coasters. Japan will run one train forwards, one backwards, and Swarm will have some rows forwards, some backwards. Hopefully we can get details soon on what Batman will exactly be doing.

At No Coaster Con, the park confirmed all 7 rows on both trains will be running backwards.

Someday, I hope to find my own Indiana Jones.

Postby Jojo19799 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Jakizle wrote:
JRHcoasterki wrote:Do you think they might have one train run backwards and one train run fowards?

It seems like that would cause a mess in the station. People would like be fighting to see who gets on the backwards train.

How would it cause a mess in the station? All the park is doing is rotating the whole entire train so it runs backwards. They did the same thing to American Eagle and there wasn't a problem with loading.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:28 pm

SharkTums wrote:Thorpe and Universal Japan have both announced that there will be a forwards and backwards option on their coasters. Japan will run one train forwards, one backwards, and Swarm will have some rows forwards, some backwards. Hopefully we can get details soon on what Batman will exactly be doing.

Not having been to either of those parks, do those coasters have multiple loading stations? If not it would be confusing to have one train forward/one backwards and have everybody loading from the same station. This is why I don't think Batman would work with 1 forward/1 backwards.

^ It works on things like American Eagle, Colossus, etc because they have 2 stations.
Last edited by Sir Clinksalot on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:30 pm.

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:29 pm

Jojo19799 wrote:
Jakizle wrote:
JRHcoasterki wrote:Do you think they might have one train run backwards and one train run fowards?

It seems like that would cause a mess in the station. People would like be fighting to see who gets on the backwards train.

How would it cause a mess in the station? All the park is doing is rotating the whole entire train so it runs backwards. They did the same thing to American Eagle and there wasn't a problem with loading.

I was saying if one train ran backwards and the other train ran forwards. American Eagle has separate loading platforms for each side. Batman doesn't. If people want to ride backwards, and the front facing train was loading, they would bottle neck the line. Of course some people will volunteer to ride front wards, but I still think a ton of confusion would take place in the station and there would be many empty seats.

I think the smart way is to do it like Thorpe...offer some rows backwards so people can voluntarily wait just for the backwards seats even if their wait time may be longer. It won't effect anyone else.

It will be interesting to see how Universal Japan does it with the 2 different trains. Of course leave it up to the Japanese to figure it out...never in America haha.

Wait doesn't Hollywood Dream have two seperate loading platforms like the B&M flyers? So you could pick backwards or frontwards.
Last edited by Jakizle on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:31 pm.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby DougMJr » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:30 pm

^^Hollywood dream has a duel station. SWARM will have the same two back rows of each train backwards so you will just have to fight for which row you want to sit in, not which train.

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:53 pm

Jakizle wrote:I think the smart way is to do it like Thorpe...offer some rows backwards so people can voluntarily wait just for the backwards seats even if their wait time may be longer. It won't effect anyone else.

I think it will definitely effect everyone else. Last year when American Eagle blue was turned backwards for a few weeks the rides line was spilling out the entrance, yet the red side had no one waiting in the station. You still had to wait in line with all the people who wanted to go backwards. Thorpe might not have a huge problem with it since the ride is still so new so many people may just want to ride it in general, but with a 20 year old ride like Batman I just don't see how it could work well. The GP already can't figure the idea of people wanting to go front row waiting on right side of the line. Batmans station is fairly small and only having a few rows backwards would result in huge bottle necking and horrible lines for either forwards or backwards. In this case it's really best to have all the rows backwards. Besides, it's not all summer long so people will still have a chance to go forwards.

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

Someday, I hope to find my own Indiana Jones.

Postby Jojo19799 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:59 pm

I see what Jake and Gregg are saying and yes I do agree with both of you. We all know that some members of the human population is not the smartest.

When I first read the post I was looking at it as both trains going backwards. However this ride will be awesome.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:53 pm

^ Yep, unfortunately in this day we all have to account for the lowest common denominator.

DougMJr wrote:^^Hollywood dream has a duel station. SWARM will have the same two back rows of each train backwards so you will just have to fight for which row you want to sit in, not which train.

Ahh, didn't realize Swarm was just the back two rows. That works. :D

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:24 pm

295304_10151206150266356_467836448_n.jpg
X Flight dusted with a fresh coat of snow
321049_10151206150231356_1566724393_n.jpg
Tracks of American Eagle covered in fresh powder
419650_10151206150251356_252782549_n.jpg
Wouldn't want to be in your bathing suit today!
62917_10151206150421356_353038706_n.jpg
The reflection pond is ready for a game of ice hockey!
58255_10151206150506356_1558252338_n.jpg
Big Easy Balloons
558368_10151206150476356_228261716_n.jpg
Camp Cartoon
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!