TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

It's a shame that such a unique looking building had to be torn down.

Agreed! Random weird stuff placed in random spots = charm. I wonder if it was just 'old' and was no longer functional? Suddenly thinks of Big Bad Wolf and Wildcat... guess I shouldn't bring up those arguments Sometimes we get progress, sometimes we get restoration - it balances out.

So this is going to be built somewhere in the safari and isn't going to be the main entrance? If so, then that explains the lack of an entrance and sounds like a cool concept. The loading/unloading area seems odd as it looks like there's a path that goes in front of the station. If so, then I could see some careless guest not watching what they're doing and getting hit by a vehicle.

EDIT: I'm wondering if that red line could be the zipline?

The red line is the zipline. There will be no bridge over the road however the road will go though the lion area by going over a bridge. I do not expect a lot from this area as far as themeing especially after seeing that the whole area is going to be fine crushed stone instead of concrete or asphalt, but only time will tell for what it is i think it will look good i just hope they do a lot of work around the safari its had been looking really poor for a while now.

http://www.sixflags.com/greatAdventure/tickets/seasondiningpass.aspx

932897680_ScreenShot2013-01-21at10_56_37PM.jpg.25cdee9c87d9abd13894ede856457483.jpg

A day of thrills makes you hungry!

Six Flags Great Adventure introduces a new Season Dining Pass that lets you eat lunch and dinner at the park every time you visit for just one upfront payment. Our $69.99 Dining Pass provides meals through September 8. For just $5 more, you can add meals during Fright Fest in October.

How Does It Work?

Buy one pass that lets you eat both one lunch and one dinner every time you visit the park. The dining pass is available to Season Pass Holders and is added onto the Season Pass card. Each meal comes with one of several entrees. The program features a wide variety of entrees at restaurants all over the park including pulled pork sandwiches, chicken strips, cheeseburgers, pizza, salads, hot dogs, grilled chicken sandwiches, nachos, brisket sandwiches, meatball subs, chicken wings and more.

Combo Season Dining Pass

If you have a 2013 Premium Season Pass, then you can purchase a combo dining pass good at both Six Flags Great Adventure and Hurricane Harbor New Jersey for just $20 more. Enjoy lunch and dinner each time you visit the water park too. Nothing makes you hungrier than a day of sun and swimming!

Refillable Souvenir Bottle for $9.99

Season Dining Pass members can purchase a refillable 2013 Souvenir Bottle for just $9.99 — a 30% savings. Enjoy free refills on your first visit and 99¢ refills for the rest of the season. The discount Souvenir Bottle can be purchased at the park when you present your Season Dining Pass on your first visit.

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I purchase the Season Dining Pass?

There are two ways to purchase the pass—online or at the park. At the park you can purchase dining passes at the ticket booths outside the entry gates or at the Season Pass Processing Center.

What do I do after I purchase the Season Dining Pass online?

The first step is to print out the voucher(s) at home. You will receive one voucher for each Season Dining Pass purchased. On your first visit to the park, you will need to go to the Pass Processing Center to process that voucher. If you have already processed your 2013 Season Pass, the Pass Processing Center will add the Dining feature to your Season Pass ID. If you have not processed your 2013 Season Pass, the Pass Processing Center will process your Season Pass and Season Dining Pass at the same time.

What do I do after I purchase the Season Dining Pass at the park?

Once you purchase the Season Dining Pass at the park, you will receive a voucher to process at the Pass Processing Center. If you have already processed your 2013 Season Pass, the Pass Processing Center will add the Dining feature to your Season Pass ID. If you have not processed your 2013 Season Pass, the Pass Processing Center will process your Season Pass and Season Dining Pass at the same time.

How will the park know I have purchased a Season Dining Pass?

It will be indicated on your 2013 Season Pass ID.

How do I redeem my meals?

When you scan your Season Pass ID at the turnstiles to enter the park, your meal vouchers for the day will automatically be added to your Season Pass card. If you arrive before 3:00 p.m., then both a lunch and dinner voucher will be added onto your ID. If you arrive after 3:00 p.m., only a dinner voucher will be added. As you're enjoying the park, you simply stop by one of the participating dining locations and present your Season Pass ID when placing your order for lunch or dinner. The Six Flags Team Member will verify the photo on the Season Pass, ring up your selection and serve your meal which will be automatically deducted from your Season Pass card. If you wish to order any additional items, you'll pay for them at that time.

Where can I redeem my Meal Vouchers?

There are several restaurants in the park where the Season Dining Pass is accepted which are listed below.

Are there specific times that we are allowed to eat?

The lunch voucher is valid from noon until 3 p.m. and the dinner voucher is valid from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. If you have purchased a Combo Dining Pass, lunch at Hurricane Harbor is available from 11:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. and dinner is available from 4 p.m. to 6.p.m. Shortened park hours may cause meal times to vary.

Do the meals include a drink?

The meals do not include a drink. With a Season Dining Pass, you are able to purchase a 2013 Souvenir Bottle for a discounted price of $9.99. Refills are free on your first visit and $.99 each on subsequent visits.

Can anyone use my Dining Pass Voucher?

Vouchers are non-transferrable. The dining pass is only available to the Pass Holder shown on the Season Pass ID.

Participating Locations

• Best of the West
  • Granny's Country Kitchen
  • Load It Up
  • Macho Nacho
  • Main Street Pub
  • Primo's Pizzeria — Liberty Square
  • Primo's Pizzeria — Nitro
  • Primo's Pizzeria — Wildside
  • Superheroes' Snacks
  • The Great Character Cafe
  • Totally Kickin' Chicken — Boardwalk
  • Totally Kickin' Chicken — El Toro

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer a Sunday in Late April, Early May. Everything seems to be up and running by then (minus the water rides, which I never go on anyway). Lines are pretty short. Just keep an eye on their events calendar as HS Music trips and other things of that nature sometimes flood the parks (if that happens and you have no choice, just go early and plan to stay late, as that is when the park is at its quietest!)

For all you NJ people,

When would be the best time of year to plan a trip to the park? Like a month, a certain week, ect.

(From my past experiences at the park), Weekdays in August are reasonable. There is usually only a larger line for El Toro which is around 30-45 minutes, everything else may be around 15-20 minutes, or less.

• 3 weeks later...

Those lights on their star flyer look pretty awesome! Very bright and colorful. The graph was also pretty telling in showing the decline in flats at the park. I loved the place when we last visited, but my wife and I agreed the park could use some more balance in their ride selection. Hopefully the upward trend the last couple years is a sign of things to come.