Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Meteornotes » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Yeah, after reading a couple of reviews/articles about this film today, I really want to see this. I doubt it will get any official distribution, though, as the legal hurdles are just too many to overcome. I suspect this will end up as one of the most traded films out there at some point.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:55 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/01/a-pirates-adventure-treasures-of-the-seven-seas-to-debut-at-magic-kingdom-park-this-spring/

Pirates, ahoy!

We’re happy to share here on the Disney Parks Blog today that a new interactive quest called A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas will debut in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom Park this spring. (And check out this great artist rendering that our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering just shared with us!)

In A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas, guests will use a pirate map and magic talisman to help them complete five different pirate raids throughout Adventureland. The goal is to help locate different Treasures of the Seven Seas and fight off pirate enemies like the Royal Navy and Captain Barbossa, among others. If guests help Captain Jack succeed in all the missions, they’ll be welcomed as part of his new crew. If not, they’ll face the wrath of the cruel sea – alone.
poc102938SMALL.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:09 pm

Sounds really cool! Can't wait to see how the fanboys say this will ruin adventureland! :devil:

Anyone know if this runs more like the sorcerer's card game, or like Phineas and Ferb? I've never tried the sorcerer's game because the line was always way too long and having to collect a bunch of cards is not my thing, but I really like the Phineas and Ferb game.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:49 pm

Here's a look at the interactive elements going into Big Thunder Mountain's queue:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:19 pm

Looks pretty fun. Anything that makes the line seem faster is fine by me!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:58 pm

jray21 wrote:Looks pretty fun. Anything that makes the line seem faster is fine by me!

With all these little to big improvements going on around all the parks, I just don't understand the need for people to post their "grievances."

Seriously, I don't think the WDW parks have ever looked better!

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Randomman295 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:03 pm

Didn't Universal Studios Japan do something like this with their spinning coaster?
I'm glad to see that more parks are catching on to this.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ThemeParks4Life » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:17 pm

The new queue looks great!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Mstankow » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:55 pm

The people on a certain wdw fan site were making the BTMRR additions seem like the worst thing ever but damn that is super cool and it really seems that with each next-gen line addition the overall implementation is getting better and better. What I really like is that it is more like the features in the line for the Indiana Jones ride than say Soarin. When I visit this summer I will definitely want to wait in stand-by for BTMRR. I also hope some of the older interactive line features are revisited because this newer stuff is so much cooler.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:11 am

I don't see how anyone can complain about improving the Big Thunder queue. I think it looks great after watching the video on the previous page.

Then again, some people just enjoy griping.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!