SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:18 pm

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment has sent us a press release regarding the launch of new mobile websites for their SeaWorld and Busch Gardens parks.

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment launched new mobile websites for the three SeaWorld and two Busch Gardens parks last week, providing guests and fans with a convenient and easy way to plan their vacations and purchase and redeem tickets directly from their mobile devices.

SeaWorld and Busch Gardens are some of the first in the theme park industry to effectively use mobile sites with geo-location capabilities. When a guest is near one of the SeaWorld or Busch Gardens parks and connects to the website, the guest’s phone will immediately default to driving directions. However, if the guest is actually in the park, the site will automatically default to a park map so they can find their next adventure without missing a beat. Receiving the most relevant content, products, offers and promotions based on their location to the parks are just some of the many intuitive features mobile users can now experience.

“These mobile sites have been in development for several months and we are excited about the incredibly positive response we’ve already seen from guests,” said Anne Fischer, Director of Interactive Marketing for SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment. "With ever-increasing mobile traffic to our parks, guests can expect more exciting mobile websites, products, apps and systems designed to make their lives more convenient in the near future."

The sites provide guests with a simplified mobile purchase experience with images, text and easy steps for the entire process. Once the purchase process is complete, guests will receive their digital admission ticket directly on their phone, allowing them to proceed directly to the front gate for entry to the park.

Unlike other theme park mobile sites, guests can not only purchase single day tickets, but also multi-park and season passes, allowing guests to save money and time. Based on the tickets purchased, the sites will suggest additional experiences and adventures, including behind-the-scenes tours, up-close animal interactions or dining options to make their visit to the park even more memorable.

The new sites were designed to work with some of the most popular cell phone operating systems, including Apple, Android and Windows.

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/Events/Bands-Brew-and-BBQ

SeaWorld partners with favorite local restaurants to bring sizzling BBQ and an array of thirst-quenching beer in an amazing atmosphere. And of course, incredible concerts with top artists in classic rock and country music. Bands, Brew & BBQ is included with park admission.

Enjoy Bands, Brew & BBQ February 9th - March 17th, 2013.

• Saturday, February 9 Chris Young with Jerrod Niemann
  • Sunday, February 10 Merle Haggard
  • Saturday, February 16 The Beach Boys
  • Sunday, February 17 Styx
  • Saturday, February 23 Big & Rich
  • Sunday, February 24 Third Eye Blind
  • Saturday, March 2 Daryl Hall & John Oates
  • Sunday, March 3 Darius Rucker and Uncle Kracker
  • Saturday, March 9 Michael McDonald
  • Sunday, March 10 Josh Turner
  • Saturday, March 16 TBD
  • Sunday, March 17 Sheryl Crow

*Platinum Pass Member reserved seating is not available at select special events.

Pass Members, book your Bands, Brew & BBQ VIP Package through the Pass Member website and save 10%.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:18 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:37 pm

I went last year and really enjoyed the event. Not that huge of an event, but the BBQ was really really good!

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:41 pm

^^ Any chance they'll have a $250/hr. upcharge to have Michael McDonald sing backup for me all day? If so, I'm in!

Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:16 am

Interesting that it's actually a somewhat decent lineup. Between this event and Mardi Gras at Universal I'm pretty sure all the B- list bands in the country will be in Florida Feb/Mar!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:32 am

This was always a pretty fun event, the crowds this time of year are really light and the musical are really pretty decent all things considered. If I recall they had a decent beer sampling available a few years ago with some great beers at some surprisingly reasonable prices for a theme park.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:44 am

SharkTums wrote:Interesting that it's actually a somewhat decent lineup. Between this event and Mardi Gras at Universal I'm pretty sure all the B- list bands in the country will be in Florida Feb/Mar!

So, Sheryl Crow is now playing the theme-park circuit. (Caught her in Atlanta a few years ago, and she was good.) Oh, well--Bob Dylan played at Kings Dominion back in the 1990s.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby crazydaveh » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:12 am

cfc wrote:So, Sheryl Crow is now playing the theme-park circuit. (Caught her in Atlanta a few years ago, and she was good.) Oh, well--Bob Dylan played at Kings Dominion back in the 1990s.

Sheryl has been on the theme park circuit before. She played Mardi Gras two years ago. It was like all the other bands, 75 minutes of their big songs and maybe a few new ones.

I think it's great that between Universal, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens, we have two months of mostly quality music to go hear. The $25 all you can drink deal at Busch Gardens is nice too, though it makes the 70 miles back to Otown a bit challenging!
Beer... It helps coasters go higher and faster!

Dave

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/78611756e2677af30ecbe7f169e00926.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/32a684dcd0f18289ee3e5a31292b8f5a.jpg[/img][/url]

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:16 am

^I caught the B-52s at BGW a couple of years ago. Fun show, but Fred Schneider didn't look too thrilled about being there. ;) I didn't know that Sheryl Crow had played at Universal Orlando before. However, it's still a bit odd to see a woman who has shared the stage with the likes of Eric Clapton and Keith Richards playing at a theme park. (But, as I said, Bob Dylan has played at KD.)
Last edited by cfc on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:20 am.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:05 am

Fixed

cfc wrote:However, it's still a bit odd to see a woman who has shared her bed with the likes of Lance Armstrong playing at a theme park. (But, as I said, Bob Dylan has played at KD.)
Last edited by larrygator on Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:05 am.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:49 am

^At least she hasn't shared a bed with Bob Dylan.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!