Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 124: Carnevale at Maria & Enzo's Ristorante details!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby RoCo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:57 pm

Sushi and bowling? SWEET. This place looks awesome, and as someone above said, a great place to hang on a late arrival day.
"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby THE ONE » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:06 pm

Looks like a cool bowling center. I ex specially like the old style Brunswick masking units.

2012+Mayan=BS!

Postby Chris Benvenuto » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:44 pm

That does indeed look truly amazing for a bowling alley of that caliber. If I ever make it back down to Orlando sometime in the future I'll make sure to check this place out by myself or with family/friends. I like the whole approach made with the place in which it makes you think you have returned to the 1950's era alley. Thanks for sharing the photos as always! :)

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby themeparkguy27 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:59 am

chargersmichael wrote:How much does it cost for everything there?

According to the sign posted at the Disney Parks Blog meetup last night, pricing is:

Sunday - Thursday for 1 & 1/2 Hour of unlimited bowling & shoes:
10a-5p $15 per person
5pm-10pm $20 per person
10pm-close $15 per person

Friday & Saturday
10a-5p $15 per person
Evening & Late night $20 per person

Billiards $9 per hour per table

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby delan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:56 am

They busted out the Moët for the opening?!?!?! Now that MY type of party!!!! :-)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:31 pm

Looks like a great addition. Definitely will help on those evening when your looking for something to do. I like Downtown Disney because of how easy it is to get in and out, and you don't have to pay for parking. Sure it gets busy, but compared to City Walk it is much more convenient.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:25 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/01/relax-rejuvenate-unwind-at-disney-resort-fitness-centers-spas-salons-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Did you know that Disney’s Yacht & Beach Ship Shape Massage Salon & Fitness Center just underwent a major renovation? It is sparkling with a modern, yet warm, motif that complements the nautical resort. There are five treatment rooms and even a relaxation room for the ultimate in lounging.

Around Disney property there are other facilities that offer traditional salon services, plus a limited menu of massages, facials, manicures and pedicures, plus a fitness center to soothe and unwind. Think of these offerings as a super convenient way to get a little “you time” right at your home resort.

All six locations are now owned and managed by Disney so that means a whole new menu of relaxing and pampering services with a dash of Disney in décor and guest service. Treatment hours are from 8 a.m.-8 p.m., and salon hours are 9 a.m.-6 p.m. daily at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Zahanati Massage & Fitness Center, Disney’s BoardWalk Muscles & Bustles Health Club, Disney’s Coronado Springs La Vida Health Club and Casa de Belleza Salon, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Sturdy Branches Health Club, and Disney’s Contemporary Resort Olympiad Fitness Center. And remember the spa at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort is now closed for a major renovation and is scheduled to reopen in summer as the brand new Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort. (The fitness center will remain opened with limited hours.)

For the ultimate in well-being, there’s also the newly opened Senses – A Disney Spa at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort. This full-service spa opened its doors last month to feature 15 treatment rooms with services such as water therapy, sugar exfoliation body treatments, rejuvenating citrus facials and an extensive array of massages, spa manicures and pedicures.
spa113102LARGE.jpg
spa222129LARGE.jpg
spa331100LARGE.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

NEWS: WDW 'No-expire' option no longer on signs or online

Postby milst1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:50 am

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-daily-disney/os-disney-no-expiration-tickets-chnanges-20130123,0,6094699.story

'No-expire' option lives on for Disney tickets — just not for online purchases

By Dewayne Bevil, Orlando Sentinel
January 23, 2013

Disney World has altered the way it sells the "no-expire" option on theme-park tickets. That selection, which allows multiday tickets to be used any time in the future, no longer will be available online. The no-expire add-on continues to be available via phone or at theme park front gates, a Disney spokeswoman said Tuesday.

Adding "park hopper" status, which allows a ticketholder to move between all four parks in a single day, and the water-park option can still be purchased online at DisneyWorld.com.

Giving the tickets new life comes at a price. Disney charges between $30 and $295 on top of the regular admission, depending on how many days were purchased originally.

No-expire buyers tend to be "guests who like to visit Disney on a whim but not regularly enough for having an annual pass makes sense," says John Frost, owner of The Disney Blog, which is not officially affiliated with Walt Disney World.

"If you're planning to visit less than eight days a year but more than five then it makes sense to get this pass," Frost says.

Disney's multiday tickets become invalid 14 days after the first use of the pass, unless a no-expire option is activated. That is also true of most ticket plans for theme parks at SeaWorld Orlando and Universal Orlando.

Sue Pisaturo, owner of New Jersey-based Small World Vacations travel agency, says the great majority of her customers do not use the no-expire option.

"I polled my agents … across the United States, and we book people from all over the world, and they said rarely do they have any inquiry about it."

She says many of her clients are first-timers to Disney World and not inclined to buy into additional trips yet.

"Most people, when my agents tell them the price, say they don't want to add the non-expiration," Pisaturo says.

Frost says he thinks that Disney is deemphasizing the no-expire option — it no longer appears on the signage at the parks' gates — as part of the shift to Disney's upcoming NextGen features.

"Disney wants more guests to stay on property. And when guests stay on property, they want them to use the all-in-one package as they're moving to the My Disney Experience and MyMagic system," Frost says. "So it's all wrapped up into one wristband. They can't sell no-expire tickets that way."

Copyright © 2013, Orlando Sentinel

We bought our 10-day non-expiring tickets at AAA. We want to take advantage of the MyMagic system, but does it preclude the multi-day non-expiring tickets? I have to read some of the other threads on MyMagic and NextGen.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:24 am

^ Considering that My Magic+ isn't fully rolled out yet, I'd say you'll have to "wait and see." What we've learned is that the majority of what is being talked about in other threads both on our forum, and on other sites, is that no one knows for sure, and everyone is just "speculating", but so much of this has been happening that people are quoting rumors as fact.

Personally, unless you are staying on property and buying in from the WDW website, I wouldn't expect to use My Magic+ in 2013 as I feel most of this year will be in the testing phase.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simon8899 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:30 am

I noticed that when I booked my stay at WDW last year Fitness-Centers were included for ALL Disney Resort Hotel guests - now on their new site it says it's only included for guests of the Disney Resort Hotel guests that reside in the hotel in which the Fitness-Center is located. All other Disney Resort Hotel guests have to pay USD 12 per visit which IMO is outrageous.

At for example Europe-Park the Fitness-Center at the Bell Rock Hotel is free for all resort guests. I'll try to force my way in for free as I booked when it was still free for all... :evil:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!