TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Studio (TPS) Discussion Thread

Looks amazing! Now, is that just a render we're seeing or is that what the game is really going to look like?

I'm pretty sure this is a render of the model that is being built. But even still, I think what it shows off is some incredible detail that is going into the game, and potential it may have. This is most certainly a good "start!"

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is definitely pretty detailed and pretty accurate, even if it is just a rendering! I even went as far as looking up a Huss Troika just compare notes. Just an observation, I noticed the hinges that join the cars onto the wheel aren't present (yet?), appearing to be floating at the moment but am very happy with what I am seeing so far!

Looking at the 2, besides the missing hinge piece, I'd say they nailed it! Now I'm really missing Triple Play that once lived at CGA

Really can't wait to see what other flat rides are in store and how realistic they will look!

mmhmmm.....a Troika!

Any chance of seeing some classic Schwarzkopf rides? How is it generally with manufacturer's copyrights and re-making of in-game rides? On some of the lamer online games programmers seem to avoid every similarity with "real" rides made in the present or past...

Theme Park Studio posted this following update on their Facebook page:

We have received multiple offers from artists and audio engineers that want to contribute to Theme Park Studio. We greatly appreciate the community support. If you are interested in contributing 3D models, animation or sound files to be included in the release build please email themeparkstudio777@gmail.com

http://www.facebook.com/themeparkstudio

Sounds like there's some open-source stuff going on! Super-awesome!

Sounds that way! If any of you guys do 3D modeling or animation, I would suggest trying to get your content in the game! Would be really cool if some TPR people had a ride in the released product!

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll have anything ready in time (other schoolwork is getting in the way), which I'm legitimately disappointed about...

Maybe I'll be able to get something in for an expansion pack and/or DLC and/or update!

The render of the flat ride looks nice, good amount of detail and material differences. Can honestly say that I am looking forward to how this game improves over time.

I would send an email right away if it were not for being in my first month of my final months where four hours of sleep is all I get each night from all the work. Might send one in just to see if I am applicable.

And remember, if you are a 3D modeler or animator, and are interested in contributing something to the game, there was this update from yesterday:

We have received multiple offers from artists and audio engineers that want to contribute to Theme Park Studio. We greatly appreciate the community support. If you are interested in contributing 3D models, animation or sound files to be included in the release build please email themeparkstudio777@gmail.com

I did a Tumbler!

I would love to see that- I never got to ride the one that used to be at Knott's!

I suggested a different former Knott's ride to them- Hammerhead (Zamperla Rotoshake)...sure, it's obscure/obsolete, but it would still be nice to see it in the game! I liked Hammerhead much better than I like Riptide (a Huss Top Spin)! Plus the amount of detailed theming Hammerhead had was amazing considering it was a flat ride.

I like the old fashioned flat rides, like Roll-O-Plane, Sky Wheel, Hurricane(Saturn 6), Spider, Round Up, Trabant, those type of rides. Rct3 has most of these rides, so Theme Park Studio should have them too! There was also this one type of teacup ride called the Tip Top, haven't seen it in years.

Wow! *sits there in shock, with a bit of drool coming out the mouth* I can only imagine what everything else is going to look like! I wonder if we'll be able to pick colors for these rides.

Just a guess but this looks more like what we will really see in game as opposed to what we were guessing was a render the other day. Looking really good!

I would like it if you added maps to the game. Unlike Rct3 it would be a hd map where you can click on an attraction on the map and design what you want it to be represented as on the map. For example if you had a ride like Mission: Space in Epcot Disneyworld, you could click on it in the map and it would open a small designing templet where you could design what you want it to look like on the map. In this case you could draw a dome to represent the ride. This map should also be printable for decoration and so you could use it while playing the game. Also when you publish a park to everyone, it should be represented by the map so they can know what the park looks like.