Photo TR: TPR's Italy/Europe Trip

Disneyland Paris Photos are now up on Pg 7.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Photo TR: TPR's Italy/Europe Trip

Postby XII » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:24 pm

All right. Time for the next update of the trip. Todays park was my favorite park of the Italy Portion of the trip and a general favorite of mine. Mirabilandia. I loved this place. Ok, lets state the obvious reason first. Katun and Ispeed are amazing. Seriously, these are two of the greatest coasters ever and they're both right here for you to enjoy in Mirabilandia. Katun is a good old fashioned forceful B&M. It ranks up there with Montu as one of my favorite B&M Inverted Coasters. And Ispeed, good god. This ride is amazing. Good Launch. Great Airtime. Great Laterals. Insane Heartline Rolls. It's definitely in my Top 5.

But on top of that, its just a really good park. They have a wide variety of rides to enjoy, a really good water coaster thats a lot of fun and really helpful in the Italian Heat, and its just got a lot to do. I found it to be a great park and would highly recommend it to anyone in Italy. Not only will you love Katun and Ispeed, but the rest of the park is really good as well. Anyways, onto the photos.
mirabilandia.JPG
All right. Time for us to hit the best park in Italy. Mirabilandia.
divertical.JPG
I'm definetly hoping we'll get on Divertical today. Though rides that literally just opened a few days ago tend not to be so reliable.
mirabilandia2.JPG
Welcome to Mirabilandia. Home to two of the best coasters on the planet.
katun.JPG
Both of which, we have ERT on!!!! =)
katun2.JPG
Yes please. I would love a half hour of ERT on Katun.
picture25.JPG
Yeah. The theming on this ride is awesome.
katun3.JPG
And yeah. Just as expected, Katun is freaking amazing!!!!
katun4.JPG
Its practically an Italian Montu. A great ride and it managed to make it on my Top 10 Steel Coasters List.
katun5.JPG
ispeed.JPG
And now we come to the other star attraction of the park.
ispeed2.JPG
"This ride is so good I delibrately planned it out as my 150th credit!!!!" (Coincidentally, Ispeed just happened to turn out to be my 300th credit. I just never bothered posting a sign or doing any nerdy thing. And yes, it really was an unplanned coincidence!!! I'm not lying!!!! I swear!!!!!!)
ispeed3.JPG
ispeed4.JPG
THIS RIDE IS AMAZING!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!
ispeed5.JPG
Ispeed not only made it onto my Top 10 Steel Coasters List, but it made it into the Top 5.
ispeed6.JPG
Do not underestimate this airtime hill. You get some SERIOUS ejector air here.
ispeed7.JPG
And this heartline spin? Expect some of the most insane whipping on any ride. =)
leprottoexpress.JPG
All right. Time to start the credit whoring.
leprottoexpress2.JPG
"Dude, we were just riding two Top 10 Coasters. Riding anything else at this point would pretty much be considered credit whoring."
leprottoexpress3.JPG
Though by kiddy coaster standards, it was fun.
spaceshuttlecolumbia.JPG
There is a very interesting story behind the theming of these drop towers.
spaceshuttlecolumbia2.JPG
They opened up in the 90s and it was called the Twin Towers. However, they immedietly changed that after 9/11.
spaceshuttlecolumbia3.JPG
So they decided to retheme it to Space Shuttle Columbia. =)
pakal.JPG
Time for the next credit.
pakal2.JPG
Oh joy. Its a wild mouse.
pakal3.JPG
Dude!!! This thing is truely crazy!!! It literally tried to beat the crap out of you!!! And I liked that about it.
wristband2.JPG
Oh yeah. Let me talk about the V-Pass Wristband. Best Flashpass Option ever. You just show the wristband and you immedietly get on the ride. And they have it for all of the rides here!!!! =)
explorer.JPG
Are you guys suffering from Heat Stroke? Cause you do realize that this is NOT a credit.
explorer2.JPG
It was a fun ride. But it was not a credit.
mirabilandia3.JPG
"Hey!!! We don't take kindly to your kind around here!!!"
katun6.JPG
Hey. While we're here. Lets take another ride on Katun. Why? How about because its freaking awesome!!!
niagra.JPG
"Water Water Everywhere. We're gonna get wet."
riobravo.JPG
Well, since we're already wet and its like 100 degrees outside and we don't have to wait in line, lets check out their rapids ride.
riobravo2.JPG
Those water cannons would be a lot more fun if it was cold outside today.
riobravo3.JPG
Really? There's an issue with swinging the boats!!!? Well, its only a matter of time before some dumbass learns how to swing the Roaring Rapids boats and I'll have to end up yelling at them about it.
eurowheel.JPG
musicMIRABILANDIA.JPG
These types of rides are always more fun witht the cover.
masterthai.JPG
Dammit!!! Master Thai broke down and they're evacuating it. Not sure if we're gonna be able to get it in today.
eurowheel2.JPG
phobia.JPG
Hmm. I wonder what Phobia could be?
phobia2.JPG
Dude!!! Its a year round haunted house. Yeah, its an upcharge!!! But who cares!!! Lets try it out!!!
phobia3.JPG
It was actually a really great haunted house. Though a funny thing about haunted houses in Europe is the fact that you all have to go through it in a conga line. =/
lunch19.JPG
Why can't we have more lunches like this in American Theme Parks?
divertical2.JPG
HOLY CRAP!!!! DIVERTICAL IS OPEN!!! GET ON IT NOW BEFORE IT BLOWS UP!!!!
divertical3.JPG
At first, Divertical just looks like a Pilgrims Plunge clone.
divertical4.JPG
But upon a closer look, you can see that its a full water coaster and does indeed count as a credit. And its a fun ride for that matter. =)
divertical5.JPG
SPLOOSH!!!!
reset.JPG
All right. Lets check out their shooting dark ride, Reset.
reset2.JPG
Dude, between the destroyed Apocalypse New York City shooting dark ride and the World Trade Center themed Drop Tower, this park really must not like New York City.
reset3.JPG
Meh. I guess thats a good score for this ride. But then again, when have I ever been good at shooting dark rides?
ispeed8.JPG
Hell no!!! We are not leaving Mirabilandia without getting more rides in on Ispeed.
ispeed9.JPG
This really is the Maverick of Europe.
ispeed10.JPG
autosplash.JPG
Dude!!! Its a log flume themed to cars!!!
autosplash2.JPG
Maybe cramming 5 of us into a boat wasn't such a smart idea.
stuntmancercasi.JPG
So for the stunt show, they actually had Robb and Elissa partake in the craziness of the show!!! I would've loved to stay and see the show...
masterthai2.JPG
But Master Thai just opened back up and I had to get the credit before the bus left in an hour!!!
masterthai3.JPG
I really hope the credit whore inside me really appreciates this since I gave up watching what sounded like a great stunt show so I could get this sh*tty credit.
katun7.JPG
Ok, Master Thai was a peice of sh*t. But hey, we have Katun right next door to wash it out of our mouths. =)
mirabilandia4.JPG
Aww. I really don't want to leave. This park is awesome!!! =(
gardalandhotel.JPG
But hey. At least we're off to a really nice hotel.
airhockey2.JPG
I challenge you to one of the most extreme and powerful games on the planet. Air Hockey.
grappe.JPG
There, we tried what I consider to be my least favorite drink ever. Grappe, which is basically an Italian version of Moonshine. The look on Robb's face pretty much sums up my thoughts on the drink. Hope you enjoyed this update and Movieland Studios will be up soon.
Just because yours is smaller doesn't make you less of a man. Unless we're talking about your brain.
http://www.incrediblecoasters.com

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:35 pm

I concur. iSpeed and Katun are awesome and Grappe is horrendous.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Gilly » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:30 am

So, Katun is pretty similar to Montu in terms of rider's experience?
Shucks, why have Montu spitted me 2 years ago :/

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Randomman295 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:45 am

>Columbia Space Shuttle
Whelp

In all seriousness, good report. Looking forward to more.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:14 am

I think we had a thread somewhere before, but yeah, having iSpeed and Katun in the same park has to be one of if not the best 1-2 combo steel coasters in a single park!

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:24 am

A picture of Robb not clean shaven is the most intense thing about this portion of your TR! =) I have to get to this park one day.

Postby XII » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:23 pm

All right. Time for the next park of the trip and man was this a crazy park. Movieland Studios is definitely a very interesting place. It, and its adjacent water park, Aqua land Studios are both extremely awesome and contain several crazy rides. The closest I can come to describe these parks is if you took Universal Studios Hollywood and Wild Rivers, put them next door to each other, upped the awesomeness by 100, and then both parks decided to just throw up their arms and say "F*CK SAFTEY AND F*CK COPYRIGHT LAWS!!!" That's the closest thing I can come up with, and even that doesn't fully capture the craziness of these parks.

Aside from being totally crazy, this park may not be huge on roller coasters, but it does feature several unique rides that can't easily be found at other parks. Stuff like a crazy Tram Tour, a Vekoma Wacky Flip, an Intamin 1st Generation Freefall, and probably the most insane water slide ever. Why talk any more about this park. Lets get on with the photos.

Oh yeah.If you haven't seen Robb's wipeout video, I highly recommend you check it out as this shows just how insane the slide is, plus I was on the wipeout tube.
gardalandhotel3.JPG
Good morning Gardaland Hotel. Hows it going. =)
movielandstudios.JPG
Today we're going to be at Movieland Studios.
movielandstudios2.JPG
Yeah. Here you can see all that this place and the water park have to offer.
movielandstudios3.JPG
magma.JPG
All right, first off, we started out the day with our very own exclusive ride on Magma.
magma2.JPG
This is pretty much a knock off of the Tram Ride @ Universal Studios Hollywood.
magma3.jpeg
Ooh!!! Fire!!!!!
magma4.jpeg
Dude, this thing does so many insane things that the Tram Tour wouldn't even DREAM of doing.
hollywoodtower.JPG
All right, now we get our own exclusive ride on Hollywood Tower.
hollywoodtower2.JPG
Gee, I wonder what ride they're hoping to imitate here? I've never seen font or signs like that anywhere before. =)
hollywoodtower3.JPG
I really miss Freefall right now.
hollywoodtower4.JPG
Intamin 1st Generation Freefalls are so rare and so hard to come by these days that getting on this was a real treat today.
picture26.JPG
I'm sure that they have all the rights to those characters right there.
brontojet.JPG
After all that, they also gave us an exclusive ride on their only credit, Bronto Jet.
brontojet2.JPG
Much like Hollywood Tower, it was one of the last of its kind and very rare. So it was nice to get an exclusive ride on it.
brontojet3.JPG
Hey, they're really fun. I definetly wish they were at more parks.
lakegarda.JPG
Love the setting of Movieland Studios right along Lake Garda.
brontoring.JPG
They also gave us exclusive rides on their psuedo credit, Bronto Ring so the pathetic people who count powered coasters wouldn't have to emberass themselves.
U571MLS.JPG
All right. After all our exclusive rides, we decided to hop onto U-571, or as I called it, Drowning: The Ride.
U571MLS2.JPG
BRING IT ON!!!!!
U571MLS3.JPG
Yeah. This ride is freaking insane.
horrorhouse.JPG
Awesome!!! Another year round horror house. It was mostly confusing as I kept getting lost in the dark.
horrorhouse2.jpeg
"Nonsense. You'll all be fine. Just get in a conga line and follow me." *evil laugh*
tombraider.JPG
All right. Lets all hop on Tomb Raider.
tombraider2.JPG
Hmm. Just looks like an ordinary Top Spin.
tombraider3.jpeg
Nope. Its actually a Vekoma Wacky Flip, which does way more crazy stuff than just a normal top spin.
rodeogrill.JPG
All right. Time for lunch at the Rodeo Grill.
soda9.JPG
And with our lunch, we got unlimited soda, beer, and wine. Considering how rare unlimited drinks are in Europe and how hot it is in Italy, this was especially appreciated.
lunch20.JPG
Yeah. This is a pretty good lunch.
merchandise12.JPG
And thank you for this free merchandise. I really like the Snowglobe you gave me. =)
mechanicalbull.JPG
"I'm just riding a Mechanical Bull while drinking a beer. Nothing can possibly go wrong here."
mechanicalbull2.JPG
All right. Lets see how well I can do here.
mechanicalbull3.JPG
Not bad. I'm hanging on for some time.
mechanicalbull4.JPG
DAMMIT!!!! I'M DOWN!!!!
mechanicalbull5.JPG
But hey. At least I got a good time.
aqualandstudios.JPG
Now its time to check out their water park, Aqualand Studios.
aqualandstudios2.JPG
These weird spermish water drops welcome you to Aqualand Studios.
blackhole.JPG
Here you can see construction on their newest slide. Black Hole.
blackhole2.JPG
Looks like its going to be a fun slide.
sign237.JPG
This is probabably a good thing for us to know.
twinpeaks.JPG
But enough touring around. Its time for us to look at the star attraction and my favorite water slide of all time. Twin Peaks.
twinpeaks2.JPG
You first start out by going down this big steep drop.
twinpeaks3.JPG
Yeah. You gain a lot of speed right here.
twinpeaks4.JPG
And then...AIRTIME!!!!!
twinpeaks5.JPG
This moment right here is seriously insane.
twinpeaks6.jpg
If the photos I took don't show how much airtime you can get on this slide, then take a look at this photo that Hanno took. That should really show the craziness of this slide (Like I said, Photo by Hanno).
waterjump.jpeg
But Twin Peaks isn't the only crazy waterslide they have here. They also have the Water Jump.
waterjump2.jpeg
Yeah. You really make a BIG splash on the Water Jump.
waterjump3.jpeg
It really reminded me of Bombay Blasters @ Wild Rivers, which was AWESOME!!
stukasboom.JPG
There's one last crazy slide for us to check out. Stuka's Boom. This looks like just an ordinary drop slide.
stukasboom2.JPG
But nope. This one has a trap door, which makes it much more exciting.
rambostuntshow.JPG
All right. Now we're gonna see the Rambo Show.
rambostuntshow2.jpeg
TPR Members!!! You're all under arrest!!!!
rambostuntshow3.jpeg
"Once again, we at Movieland Studios would like remind everyone to please keep all sexual activities to yourselves. Please wait till you get to your hotel rooms to butt-f*ck each other. Thank you."
rambostuntshow4.jpeg
"This is all your fault. If it wasn't for your..." "Shut up before we get raped like the girl that was here earlier."
rambostuntshow5.jpeg
"Give me the TPR Members!!!!"
rambostuntshow6.jpeg
Yes. Having real explosions in the stunt show is a great idea. What could possibly go wrong!!? =)
rambostuntshow7.jpeg
Yes, the TPR Prisoners are behind that wall of water.
rambostuntshow8.jpeg
Yay!!! We didn't die!!!
rambostuntshow9.JPG
Sorry about kidnapping you and arresting you. We hope this Frappachino makes up for all we put you through.
rambostuntshow10.JPG
Thank you Rambo. Now we know that we are all destined to be famous Hollywood Actors someday.
backtothefuturemonorail.JPG
Dude!!! Check out the Back to the Future Monorail!!!!
backtothefuturemonorail2.JPG
"I'm not lying!!! It really is a Back to the Future Monorail!!!"
backtothefuturemonorail3.JPG
OMG!!! We're going back in time!!! There's so many things I have to warn myself about!!!
brontojet4.JPG
Bronto Jet from the monorail.
U571MLS4.JPG
Anyone want to get wet?
backtothefuturemonorail4.JPG
Ooh. Something unsafe. Must take picture.
terminatorMLS.JPG
All right. Time to check out Terminator 3D while we're still here.
terminatorMLS2.JPG
This is the guy who's gonna save us all. We're f*cked.
terminatorMLS3.JPG
Hmm. Not a bad score. Gardaland Photos will be up next.
Just because yours is smaller doesn't make you less of a man. Unless we're talking about your brain.

Postby XII » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:25 pm

All right. Time for the next park and the final park of the Italy portion of the trip. Gardaland. We actually had 2 days at this park as Robb got us 2 day tickets so we could go after our day at Movieland Studios since the park stayed open till 10:00 (which is not common in Europe). While this park didn't have the intense coasters of Mirabilandia or the general craziness of Movieland Studios right next door, I still found Gardaland to be a very nice park. It had a good selection of rides, including a B&M Wingrider. While these aren't the craziest rides out there, they certainly are a lot of fun. And the water effects on Raptor really do make a difference.

None of the other coasters are that good (SLC, Loopscrew, Screaming "Pointless" Squirrel), but there is still a lot of cool things to check out at this park. They've got some really cool dark rides such as a Pirates of the Caribbean Knockoff thats in some ways, better than Pirates, and a totally fun dark ride about shooting Mummy Zombie Alien Terminator Robots in Ancient Egypt. But on top of that, there's just a lot to do at this park. You can tell that its trying to be the Disneyland of Italy, and while I wouldn't call Gardaland Disney Good, its still a very good park that I'd definitely recommend.

Oh, and here's a POV of that crazy dark ride with Mummy Terminators.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUjGAbR9sBM&list=UUaE-pwaJIYiDBmZev1SFtow&index=6[/youtube]
coke4.JPG
Ooh!!! They're passing out free Coke Zero Samples!!!
coke5.JPG
Hey. You can't go wrong with anything thats free. =)
car8.JPG
Does that count as a credit?
tunnel3.JPG
After our day at Movieland Studios, we had two day tickets to Gardaland and the park was open till 11:00, so we decided to just hang out and get some stuff done.
gardaland.JPG
Ooh!!! I see a roller coaster!!!!
gardaland2.JPG
Welcome to Gardaland.
raptorGARDALAND.JPG
Of course we're gonna hit this up first.
raptorGARDALAND2.JPG
All right. So this was my first B&M Wingrider. What did I think?
raptorGARDALAND3.JPG
Honestly, I was impressed. I was expecting a forceless ride. And while its not insane, its just a ton of fun.
raptorGARDALAND4.JPG
Enjoy your ride on Raptor!!!
raptorGARDALAND5.JPG
No need for Fastpass tonight. It looks like we're gonna be fine.
bluetornado.JPG
All right. Lets just get this out of the way as quickly as possible.
bluetornado2.JPG
This is no ordinary SLC. This one has the BONUS HELIX!!!!!!! =)
bluetornado3.JPG
Though in all seriousness, it wasn't that bad.
mammut.JPG
Damn. We're on a roll with Vekoma Rides tonight.
mammut2.JPG
Hey. This was a really good mine train. And well themed as well.
spacevertigo.JPG
Is that seriously the size of their drop tower?
spacevertigo2.JPG
Come on Gardaland!!!! This is puny!!!!
spacevertigo3.JPG
Well at least it has a cool themed line.
iceage4D.JPG
We decided to see the Ice Age show. It was cool, though it would've been better if I spoke Italian, or had any familiarity with the Ice Age Movies. For instance, I had no clue that the female wooly mammoth was pregnant until she went into labor and I was like "It looks like..." Boom. Baby Wooly Mammoth.
ramses.JPG
We decided to check out their shooting dark ride. Ramses.
ramses2.JPG
This dark ride is awesome. Its like Mummy meets Terminator. See my POV up above and see for yourself.
ramses3.jpeg
Ooh. Trippy.
mask.JPG
WHO MISSED THE BUS!!!?
gardaland3.JPG
All right. We're up nice and early the next morning. For its time for...
raptorGARDALAND6.JPG
ERT ON RAPTOR!!!!!!
raptorGARDALAND7.JPG
Its no Kumba or anything, but its a ton of fun. Its very fun and very floaty with lots of hangtime. It almost reminds me of Hydra @ Dorney Park in a way, except with much better theming and it actually gets you more wet than the water rides.
raptorGARDALAND8.JPG
Kick the sky!!!! Oops, wrong Raptor. Sorry Cedar Point.
raptorGARDALAND9.JPG
Honestly, my only problem with this ride are the restraints. I was expecting just a rubber vest similar to that on Tatsu. But these things keep stapling you in, never giving you a chance to breathe.
sequoiaadventure.JPG
Oh yeah. We also have ERT on Sequoia Adventure.
sequoiaadventure2.JPG
Umm, what exactly does this ride do?
sequoiaadventure3.JPG
Oh joy. That looks so thrilling.
sequoiaadventure4.JPG
It wouldn't even that bad if it weren't for all the trim brakes that make it crawl.
sequoiaadventure5.JPG
Hey, at least its a credit.
keychain.JPG
Oh yeah. And Gardaland gave us all these personalized key chains. Grazi Gardaland!!! Grazi!!!!
flyingisland.JPG
Time to get some nice ariel shots of Gardaland. =)
lakegarda2.jpeg
I love the setting of this park.
fugadaatlantide.JPG
Thank you Fastpass!!!! Good bye Line!!!!
fugadaatlantide2.JPG
Its a fun water ride, but yeah. Its a water ride. NOT A CREDIT!!!!!
monorotaia.JPG
Ooh. Lets take a ride on their Monorail.
monorotaia2.JPG
Ooh. Look at all the pretty lights.
gardaland4.JPG
I'm confused. Where am I again?
magichouse.JPG
Ooh. They have a Vekoma Mad House in the kids area.
magichouse2.JPG
These things are all over Europe.
fountain9.JPG
Hey. Nice looking kids area.
picture27.JPG
This is so politically correct. I'm sure that all those kids are proper representations of their cultures.
lunch21.JPG
All right. Time for lunch. And yeah, they have a great selection at Gardaland. Oh, time for another America vs Europe Comparison. FANTA IS SO MUCH BETTER IN EUROPE!!! Seriously, American Fanta tastes like crap now. I refuse to drink it till I go back to Europe or somewhere else in the world. Now everyones told me that its because they use real sugar instead of High Fructose Corn Syrup. And yeah, I'm sure they do that and that helps. But thats not just it. Because its a MUCH bigger difference than that. Its much bigger than when they do Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwbacks and use real sugar. I think someone once said that they use real orange juice in European Fanta. Now that I believe since it tastes so much orangier than in America.
ortobrucotour.JPG
Time for their kiddy coaster.
ortobrucotour2.JPG
If you thought that this was just an ordinary Wacky Worm, you'd be mistaken.
ortobrucotour3.jpeg
Its actually a lot of fun and has a great layout. Great for a kiddy coaster.
magicmountain.JPG
Just one last credit for me to get at Gardaland. Magic Mountain. And its properly themed to SFMM, with all the ads in the station.
magicmountain2.JPG
Hey. At least they're upselling a great product.
magicmountain3.JPG
magicmountain4.JPG
Definetly one of the better Loopscrews. Not too rough and actually had some decent airtime. I actually enjoyed it.
cow2.JPG
"Hey David!!! It's ok to eat me!!! I'm vegan!!!!"
mime.JPG
coloradoboat.jpeg
Yeah. This wasn't one of the greatest log flumes or anything. But I had fun.
spongebob4D.JPG
Um, yeah. This Spongebob Simulator was rough as hell.
raptorGARDALAND10.JPG
Lets take another ride on Raptor. Because hey. Why not!!!!?
raptorGARDALAND13.JPG
WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE!!!!
sign238.JPG
"We've got special plans for him at Guantanamo Bay. *evil laugh*"
prezzemoloslabyrinth.JPG
Yeah. We did the hedge maze. Cause hey!!! Why not!!!
prezzemoloslabyrinth2.JPG
It can't be that hard.
prezzemoloslabyrinth3.JPG
Thanks for the ever-so-helpful advice. *rolls eyes*
prezzemoloslabyrinth4.JPG
We all made it out. Well, except for Colin who had to cheat to get out.
junglerapids.JPG
Hey, these are fun and they have a nice theme, but they're not gonna help you escape the Italian heat.
icorsari.JPG
All right. Time to check out the parks Pirates of the Carribean knock off, Icorsari.
icorsari2.jpeg
Dude!!! This thing was awesome!!! It was almost better than the real Pirates of the Carribean in some ways!!!
icorsari3.JPG
Hey look!!! Another totally family friendly moment to share with everyone!!!
icorsari4.jpeg
Yeah. It goes under the sea. Its very strange in that way.
ramses5.JPG
Speaking of really strange dark rides, lets hit up Ramses again!!!!
ramses4.jpeg
Grr!!! I'm the Mummy Terminator!!! I'm from the past but also from the future!!! So I guess that means I'm from the present I guess!!! Gimme a Pizza Party!!!!
lights4.JPG
Ooh. Look at the pretty lights.
spacevertigo4.JPG
Yeah. Space Vertigo has a funky fast pass door.
spacevertigo5.JPG
Come on Gardaland. This ride is so small that its nearly cliff jumpable!!! You can totally make it bigger!!!
raptorGARDALAND11.JPG
Hey. We may have used up all our Raptor Fastpasses, but we can still get on thanks to the Single Riders Line.
raptorGARDALAND12.JPG
Yeah. I'm pretty sure that night rides on Raptor is the best way to close out my fantastic visit to Gardaland and Italy in general. Switzerland & Walygator Photos will be posted soon.

Postby XII » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:22 pm

All right. It's been a while since the last update of this Photo TR was done, and since I want to finish this before a year passes between the trip, I better get started now. So at this point, the TPR Italy Trip officially ended and now we are onto the TPR Europe Trip. We said good bye to a few friends from Italy and hello to a lot more coming in for the Europe Trip. For the first day of the trip, not too much happened since it was just a driving day. But hey, we drove through Switzerland, which is so beautiful that its the equivalent of literally driving through a post card. You look out the window, snap a picture, and now you have a great photograph. This goes on for hours until you reach France and it stops being beautiful. After reaching the hotel, we got to unpack and get a nice dinner from the hotel.

The next day was the first day of the Europe Trip where we got to go to ride roller coasters, and today we were going to be at two different parks. Walygator Parc and Holiday Park. Walygator wasn't originally on the itinerary, but Robb added it on so we could a couple more credits, which as a credit whore, I am always in favor of. Especially when one of them is a kickass Raptor clone. But yeah, aside from the Raptor clone, there isn't much here other than some crappy credits, a few generic flat rides, and the French Equivalent of Grizzly @ CGA, which while not as bad as I was anticipating, still seriously blew. After the few hours we had here, I was more than ready to move on and get to Holiday Park and ride Expedition Ge Force, but I was still glad we stopped for the credits, especially the Raptor clone which was awesome, so Thank you Robb & Elissa for squeezing this onto the itinerary. Now onto the photos.
town.JPG
Well, the Italy portion of TPR's Mega Europe Trip has ended. Now I loved Italy and the Italy parks were all awesome. So its sad to leave. But hey. Look at the bright side. Now I get to check out all the awesome parks in Germany and France. But to say good bye to Italy, here's some photos of a beautiful Italian Town I drove by.
town2.JPG
lake4.JPG
Ok. We are now in Switzerland. Now Switzerland isn't one of the official countries of the trip. Those would be Italy, Germany, and France. But we did drive through Switzerland. Now normally just because we drive through somewhere, that means jack-sh*t. But just being in Switzerland is amazing. Just driving through it is incredible and makes me happy. I mean look at that!!!
splashzone.JPG
Bonus Stop at the Waterpark anyone? =)
mountain6.JPG
No need for any movies or TV Shows to play on the bus. Just look out the window.
reststop.JPG
We decided to stop for lunch at this Rest Stop so we wouldn't starve and to just get out and enjoy Switzerland. Now for as much as I love Switzerland, theres one part I can't stand. HIGH PRICES!!!!! THIS COUNTRY IS SO FREAKING EXPENSIVE!! A plate of spaghetti and a coke cost me €19!! That's the equivelant of $23.35!!
mountain7.JPG
Hey, the rest stop may have robbed me, but look!!! Such a beautiful view of the Alps!!!!
feild6.JPG
Its so green over here.
bridge6.JPG
Can't stop taking photos of Switzerland!!! So f*cking beautiful!!!!
river4.JPG
Every photo I take looks like it should be on a post card.
reststop2.jpeg
Ok. The beautys all gone. We must be in France now. Ok, its not terrible. It sure as hell beats driving through any of the Midwest States, but come on. We were just in Switzerland.
hotel14.JPG
We have arrived at our hotel. And hey, it looks like a nice quaint little place.
dinner6.JPG
They served us a really nice dinner which I really enjoyed.
wine2.JPG
Yes. I really did mix Coke and Wine. And it actually tasted really good. Think of a sort of slightly bitter Coke that has a strong wine flavored aftertaste (Nice photo-bomb BTW Patrick).
cat2.JPG
Something tells me that that stray cat is carrying some sort of diseases.
prayer.jpeg
In preperation for us riding what is claimed as one of the worst woodies in the world, Anaconda, Terrance says a prayer for us hoping that it won't murder us.
walygatorparc.JPG
YAY!!!! WE'RE AT A PARK!!! It's been over 24 hours, I'm starting to have withdrawls. =)
walygatorparc2.JPG
Big shock. The Space Shot and the Topple Tower are both closed.
phonebooth.JPG
Hey, you may hate us now for locking you in the phone booth, but you'll thank us when we all come back injured from Anaconda ERT.
parkinglot3.JPG
Busy day I see.
walygatorparc3.JPG
All right. Lets go head into the park.
malarialake.JPG
Eew. Another Malaria Lake.
planecrash.JPG
Is that theming or did a plane really crash here?
monster.JPG
All right. Time for us to get some ERT on the main coaster here. Monster.
monster2.jpeg
Monster, which came from Expoland in Japan, is basically a Raptor clone. And Raptor is awesome, the only difference is that there are no mid course brakes here!!!! =)
monster3.jpeg
Yeah. That makes it a really crazy ride!!! I loved it!!!
anaconda.JPG
Now after that, we get ERT on one of the worst coasters of all time. Anaconda.
anaconda2.JPG
Keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't kill us.
anaconda3.JPG
"Somehow, I have a feeling that I'm going to be raped."
anaconda4.jpeg
Well the good news is that Anaconda didn't kill us. The bad news, is that Anaconda, or as I like to call it, French Grizzly is one of the most boring coasters of all time. I swear to god, the continents are moving away from each other at faster speeds than this thing.
familycoaster.JPG
Hey. After Anaconda, this Wacky Worm is actually going to be thrilling.
familycoaster2.jpeg
Oh No!!! I just realized that this is the last Wacky Worm of the trip!!!! ='(
spacecomet.JPG
Time for us to get the last credit of the park, Space Comet.
spacecomet2.JPG
Yeah. It sucks. But at least its not Anaconda.
terrorhouse.JPG
The Terror House was not in the least way terrifying. But apparently the girls in front of us were scared, which made this a very funny experience.
tangor.JPG
With this closed, and the other two Topple Towers closed, this seems to be an extinct ride. While I'm not too bummed as the ride did look boring from videos, I did want to try it just because it was unique and it probably would've at least been interesting and somewhat fun.
picture28.JPG
Don't worry. I'm on a TPR Trip. I'm clearly happy. Holiday Park Photos will be up next. Thanks for reading and please leave your comments. =)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:52 am

Looks like Monster has replaced Terror House as the best attraction at Walygator.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive