TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

How do you think they will theme Boomerang?

Maybe a concrete foundation, or possibly some dirt.

For the station, a switch-back queue, some fans that work about 0.5% of the time.

That's how you theme a Six Flags coaster, baby!

Lol, so true. Although, I was pretty damn impressed with Apocalypse this year.

Yeah, but how do you theme a ride named "Boomerang"?

It wouldn't make sense to have an Australian themed-ride in the Illinois area...

Since the ride its replacing is the Water Street Cab Company it would have been nice if they continued that theme and themed it to a crazy cab ride. But with the generic name if Boomerang, it'd just expect some simple landscaping and whatnot so it looks nice but not really themed. I'm more concerned with how they change the area around it since everything around it is so dark and drab until you get to sky screamer. Hopefully they'll spend some time repainting and brightening up the area.

It wouldn't make sense to have an Australian themed-ride in the Illinois area...

This is Six Flags we're talking about. Anything is possible.

Yeah, but they aren't going to theme it at all. Even if the name was "Australian Boomerang", they'd theme it with dirt, concrete, and a switch-back queue.

• 3 weeks later...

The video was probably taken late last month, there is footer work going on but no track, supports or the train has ever showed up in St. Louis yet. The back spikes are going to be at top of the hill (right next to the Screamin' Eagle 1st drop) and the cobra roll is going basically where the bumper cars building was, the ride is not angled towards Tidal Wave like I had previously thought. If you watch the video part of the bumper cars building shell (towards Superman) is still standing which I would assume will be part of the que area, the back spikes are going to be really close if not over part of the Screamin' Eagle (the area blown up in the video would have to be where most of the ride would be located, station, loop, etc.).

The video was probably taken late last month, there is footer work going on but no track, supports or the train has ever showed up in St. Louis yet. The back spikes are going to be at top of the hill (right next to the Screamin' Eagle 1st drop) and the cobra roll is going basically where the bumper cars building was, the ride is not angled towards Tidal Wave like I had previously thought. If you watch the video part of the bumper cars building shell (towards Superman) is still standing which I would assume will be part of the que area, the back spikes are going to be really close if not over part of the Screamin' Eagle (the area blown up in the video would have to be where most of the ride would be located, station, loop, etc.).

Would that type of blasting undermine the structure of Superman?

If it did then they wouldn't be doing it.

If it did then they wouldn't be doing it.

Im not trying to be funny when I ask this. But what was the point of that explosion? From what it looked like there was just dirt here, if it was indeed rock or concrete i would understand. If is was just for the facination of just blowing up things, I really hope that means this ride is getting a new train, if not that money for a "fun explosion" could have been used towards that.

I'm from the same area of Missouri southwest of St. Louis. The limestone bedrock in many places is only a few feet below the topsoil in this area of the state, so I would think if they wanted to dig footers they might have to blast the bedrock in some spots.