Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 771 - Firebird Roller Coaster Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:24 pm

Russian Roulette used to be my favorite game show on Game Show Network back when I was a young teenager. Bonzai Pipelines totally reminds me of this...

Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby eddie200330 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:47 pm

There was a small fire at SFA. It doesn't appear to be all that bad, just caught a tail end of the story on the news last night....

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=237237
Last edited by larrygator on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:53 pm.
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:51 pm

What a shame! I mean, that the whole park didn't burn down.

Too soon?
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:01 pm

http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/237237/158/Investigators-Looking-For-Cause-Of-Fire-At-Six-Flags

Fire investigators in Prince George's County are looking for the cause of a small fire that broke out at Six Flags America Tuesday evening.

Mark Brady, spokesman for Prince George's County Fire and Rescue, says a small fire broke out at the amusement park in Largo just after 8:00 p.m.

According to Brady, firefighters quickly extinguished the flames in a 100' X 50' building that is used to house electrical components for bumper cars.

Six Flags is currently closed for the winter, with plans to re-open in March.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby alilstronger » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:04 am

^ I was reading about that earlier.

On another note... a few of the people over at SFAFans.com are annoying!
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Postby beatle11 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:10 am

According to Brady, firefighters quickly extinguished the flames in a 100' X 50' building that is used to house electrical components for bumper cars.

Damn, that is a shame. ;)

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:37 am

A few more feet and it could've taken care of the Vekoma SLC. So close...

Postby alilstronger » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:21 pm

As hated as this park is I will admit I am glad to have something as my home park. I would hate to be one of the people that have no parks by them. I know Hershey is kinda close but with gas prices the way they are and the government taking more taxes I am gonna love my little 45-50 min ride to SFA.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby ArundelHigh Coasters » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:40 pm

Ccron10 wrote:A few more feet and it could've taken care of the Vekoma SLC. So close...

It may be just an SLC, but that would be huge loss to the park. I love the Mind Eraser because it's fun, and NEVER has a long line.

alilstronger wrote:As hated as this park is I will admit I am glad to have something as my home park. I would hate to be one of the people that have no parks by them. I know Hershey is kinda close but with gas prices the way they are and the government taking more taxes I am gonna love my little 45-50 min ride to SFA.

IKR!!!, I was just thinking that the other day. It must really suck to live in Nebraska :P. We are lucky to have a big amusement park near us. KD is a two-hour drive from me, and I can only make it a few times a year. I can go to SFA almost every week.
Life is the most thrilling roller coaster in the world. Everyone rides life.
Like a Vekoma, life isn't always great. Life is the longest, slowest, and fastest coaster in the world.
Like any coaster, life has it's up's and downs. Ride life to the fullest every day, because you don't know when it'll be taken.

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:02 pm

^^I'd take it! I could definitely get used to unlimited rides on Wild One, Superman and Joker's Jinx. Maybe Batwing too.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!