Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1436: Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure news
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:05 am

Inukaza wrote:Hi guys, just letting you all know that if you are planning on visiting IOA in the next three weeks, there will be a downtime on Dragon's Challenge. The attraction will be down from Jan 11th to Jan 26th for improvement of the area. Heads up.

/works there.

Let me know when they start dueling them again and remove the potter theme! Thanks!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:06 am

^Maybe they're equipping each train with full-body pelxiglass shields, which would allow dueling again. ;)

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:07 am

^Disney knows how to do that already! Don't give Universal any ideas!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:15 am

^Maybe they bought the leftover Maliboomer sneeze shields from Disney.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:02 pm

The "improvements" will probably be In queue wand shops...

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Joah » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:37 pm

Phew, we are flying out on February 1st. Just missed the downtime! Hopefully the downtime won't run longer than expected, but they seem pretty good at estimating these sorts of things.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Inukaza » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:16 am

Joah wrote:Phew, we are flying out on February 1st. Just missed the downtime! Hopefully the downtime won't run longer than expected, but they seem pretty good at estimating these sorts of things.

I honestly wouldn't expect it, but who knows. We're at the mercy at the techs. I'm being deployed over to Bluto's while the improvements are being done, so I sure hope it won't take long. :D

SharkTums wrote:
Inukaza wrote:Hi guys, just letting you all know that if you are planning on visiting IOA in the next three weeks, there will be a downtime on Dragon's Challenge. The attraction will be down from Jan 11th to Jan 26th for improvement of the area. Heads up.

/works there.

Let me know when they start dueling them again and remove the potter theme! Thanks!

You'll be the first to know! :mickey:
Baby, I'm howlin' for you.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:47 pm

http://www.universalorlando.com/Events/Mardi-Gras/Concerts.aspx

6848_MG13_BB_Concerts_tcm13-32272.jpg

Great music is a must for any party, and during Mardi Gras you'll have the chance to see not one, but 14 top names from the worlds of pop, rock, country, hip hop and more live in concert at the Music Plaza stage Saturdays and select nights from February 9 – April 20.

Lifehouse
Saturday, February 9
Lifehouse have made soul-searching their calling card with songs like "Hanging By a Moment," "You And Me," "Whatever It Takes," and "Halfway Gone." Their music has been heard on TV in Grey's Anatomy, One Tree Hill, and others, as well as the film, The Time Traveler's Wife.

Steve Miller Band
Saturday, February 16
Call him the Gangster of Love. Call him Maurice. You can even call him the Space Cowboy. Steve Miller has been an American treasure for over four decades with classic rock hits like "The Joker," "Fly Like An Eagle," "Jet Airliner," "Rock'n Me," "Jungle Love," "Abracadabra," and many more.

Boys Like Girls
Sunday, February 17
A powerful alchemy of late ‘90s alternative, pop, and punk, Boys Like Girls has been making their mark in the music world since 2005 with kinetic energy and melody. Some of their fan-favorite songs are "Be Your Everything," "Two Is Better Than One," "The Great Escape," and "Love Drunk."

Trey Songz
Saturday, February 23
Trey Songz is a Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter, rapper, producer and actor whose albums and singles have sold over 14 million worldwide. Some of his most recent songs include "Heart Attack," "2 Reasons," and "Fumble," all from his latest album, CHAPTER V.

Demi Lovato
Saturday, March 2
In the last few months, singer and actress Demi Lovato has been on fire. The first single off her latest album, Unbroken, "Skyscraper," debuted at #1 on iTunes chart, #2 on the Billboard Hot Digital Singles chart, and #10 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Other hits include "Give Your Heart A Break," "Unbroken," and "Don’t Forget."

Montgomery Gentry
Saturday, March 9
The duo of Montgomery Gentry can boast one of country music’s most impressive and enduring legacies. They’ve released more than 20 charted singles, including the hits "My Town," "Hell Yeah," "If You Ever Stop Loving Me," "Something To Be Proud Of" and "Lucky Man."

Sean Kingston
Friday, March 15
Jamiacan-American rapper/singer Sean Kingston has been recording his own music since he was 11 years old. His infectious combination of reggae, hip-hop, R&B, and electro can be heard in melody-soaked pop hits like "Fire Burning," "Beautiful Girls," and "Rum & Raybans."

Matchbox Twenty
Saturday, March 16
Formed in Florida 17 years ago, Matchbox Twenty entered the world with their blockbuster 1996 album Yourself Or Someone Like You. It spawned five hit singles, including "Push," "3am," and "Real World." Singer Rob Thomas also co-wrote and sang on Santana's Grammy Award-winning 1999 smash "Smooth."

Austin Mahone
Friday, March 22
At just 16, teen heartthrob Austin Mahone is poised for super stardom. His smash single, "Say Somethin" established him on the Billboard Social 50 chart and now his latest, "Say You’re Just a Friend" finds him climbing the charts again.

Phillip Phillips
Saturday, March 23
Singer/songwriter Phillip Phillips’ first single "Home" marked the highest debut on the Billboard Digital songs chart with 278,000 downloads sold. He has since released his debut album The World From The Side Of The Moon (19 Entertainment/Interscope Records), and his second single "Gone Gone Gone" will be released in early 2013.

Pat Benatar & Neil Giraldo
Saturday, March 30
With powerhouse hits like "Heartbreaker," "Hit Me with Your Best Shot" and "We Belong," Pat Benatar is a bonafide living legend. Along with her husband/guitarist/musical collaborator Neil Giraldo, she’s created some of rock’s most iconic songs that sound better and better every time you hear them.

To Be Announced
Saturday, April 6
ARTIST ANNOUNCEMENT COMING SOON

Pitbull
Saturday, April 13
International music sensation Pitbull has sold millions of digital singles including his hit, "Hey Baby" featuring T-Pain; the double-platinum smash, "I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho);" "Hotel Room Service;" "Krazy;" and "Culo." His music blends rhymes, beats, Latin dance, freestyle, hip hop, and more.

To Be Announced
Saturday, April 20
ARTIST ANNOUNCEMENT COMING SOON
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:05 pm

Anyone hear the major news regarding HHN? John Murdy has announced on his Twitter page that he will be designing for HHN Orlando and Mike will be designing for the Hollywood event.

@Michael_Aiello @DesigningFear Mike's going to LA and I'm going to Orlando. He's gonna design USH and I'm gonna design UO
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:15 pm

^I'd be surprised if the move wasn't temporary. Michael Aiello's really had a big hand in a lot of the recent projects at Universal Orlando besides HHN, including the Cinematic Spectacular. I am certainly interested to see John Murdy's work here though. I've heard nothing but good things in recent years regarding the West Coast HHN.

EDIT: Reading further it seems like they might have been joking...
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:17 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!