TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

Could it be a Starflyer also, don't they travel at relatively close speeds to that?

You might have just nailed it. It seems like a great fit for that park and "Vol Ultime" at LaRonde is exactly the same height. It's only a few MPH more than most Sky Screamer rides which also leads me to believe you're dead on. According to Wikipedia (yeah, I know...) the standard speed is 43 MPH.

I guess we'll wait and see.

Yes, but there are still "manufacturer specifications". If the manufacturer says that a ride can't safely go above 43mph, then it can't safely go above 43mph. Knoebels may run some of their flat rides "faster" than other parks, but I'm pretty sure that they're still running them safely.

I think a drop tower is much more likely. It seems more traditional, and like something that they would have been planning on adding for a long time.

Glad they've been able to push on after Flying Turns. I have a feeling that ride will never live up to the GP's expectations after having to wait... how many years now?

Glad they've been able to push on after Flying Turns. I have a feeling that ride will never live up to the GP's expectations after having to wait... how many years now?

I don't understand why Flying Turns would have to live up to "GP expectations". If they had the ride plastered all over the website and consistently said lots of stuff on how super-fantastic it would be, then I would totally agree with you. But, the only hype that the ride is getting is through the little display at the entrance to the queue. They seem like they're being very humble about it.

Plus, if Flying Turns was really the money pit that a lot of people are making it out to be, Knoebels wouldn't have been able to build Black Diamond or install this mysterious new attraction for this season.

EDIT: Ta-da! StratosFear!

538588_10152381146440551_1684552728_n.jpg

Courtesy of Knoebels' Facebook page.

It looks like an ARM drop tower. Aren't those the scary ones?

Am I missing something, or are the restraints really that minimal-looking nowadays? Now those look like noodles.

I think that the rendering has a case of "It's a rendering" syndrome.

X-Scream at Waldameer.

I wonder how tall this model is going to be? These ARM drop towers usually scare the crap out of me, way more terrifying and intense than anything else on the market (no I am not a spokesman for ARM).

The teaser stated 148 feet.

A 148 foot drop tower is going to look huge at Knoebels. Another great addition for them... I love this park.

By the way, they confirmed on Facebook that nothing will be removed and this will be located "roughly across the boulevard from the Twister bridge".

By the way, they confirmed on Facebook that nothing will be removed and this will be located "roughly across the boulevard from the Twister bridge".

I was actually thinking when I visited the park this past summer that the area in front of Twister and behind Flying Turns was pretty empty and they could maybe put a small flat ride around there.

The drop tower will really stick out above the trees being one of the tallest rides there. You'll probably get a nice view of the park while on your ascent.

I could only Imagine if A.R.M. made towers over 200 feet. If only this park was closer than 4.5 hours from me, this is a special place.

12+ hours for me - but definitely worth it! I find these smaller non-Intamin towers to be much more effective at the "dead weight drop" feel, great stuff!

For comparison, how tall is the ARM tower at Waldameer?

ARM towers are great, and given Knoebels reputation, I'm sure they'll find some way to make this ride even better(although, from what I've heard, simply being in the park will make it so). To be honest, I'm surprised Knoebels didn't add a drop tower a long time ago.