TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

Yeah, there was a huge difference in the trains on Twister, although I don't remember which was which. One of them flew almost halfway up the lifts before catching the chain, the other one was more reserved and also rattled a lot more -- other than that train at PPP, this has been the least-rattling year I've had on Twister since I started riding about 2006.

We went this weekend and had an amazing time. It was my first PPP and we ended up getting a hotel and going back the next day to ride some more rides and check out some of the covered bridge festival. I forgot how much I love Knoebels... this place is a gem. They have so many great / unique flat rides that sometimes you almost forget they have two world class wood coasters.

Yeah, there was a huge difference in the trains on Twister, although I don't remember which was which. One of them flew almost halfway up the lifts before catching the chain, the other one was more reserved and also rattled a lot more -- other than that train at PPP, this has been the least-rattling year I've had on Twister since I started riding about 2006.

It was interesting - I was strolling around the park around 5PM-ish and saw them transfer the purple train on, but Twister didn't open until a while after 6PM with the blue train just sitting on the first lift. Even after it opened, they were cycling the purple train empty for a while.

It was interesting - I was strolling around the park around 5PM-ish and saw them transfer the purple train on, but Twister didn't open until a while after 6PM with the blue train just sitting on the first lift. Even after it opened, they were cycling the purple train empty for a while.

I was so confused for a minute, but I guess it really is more blue than green, and more burgundy than red.......Interesting how color perceptions differ under those yellow station lights.

When we met Mike Boodley this summer, he was working hard on a new chassis for the FT trains. He seemed like he really knew what was wrong with the old ones, and now that the park brought him on to rework it hopefully we'll see something come of it. He is the guy who designed the Millennium Flyers, after all - that alone should give people some faith!

When we met Mike Boodley this summer, he was working hard on a new chassis for the FT trains. He seemed like he really knew what was wrong with the old ones, and now that the park brought him on to rework it hopefully we'll see something come of it. He is the guy who designed the Millennium Flyers, after all - that alone should give people some faith!

When Dick came out to announce the winners of the annual costume contest, he did mention that "new trains were being assembled and shipped across the country soon," so take that for what it's worth.

This year was my second PPP and I've already got my sites for next year. I definitely know why some people shy away from this event, but I really think it is what you make of it. To me this event embodies everything that I love about the industry. After a long 6 and 7 day-a-week summer it's so nice to camp out for a weekend, see some familiar faces waiting in just about every single line, it just renews my love for my job and reminds me why I wanted to get into "the biz" in the first place. The park is just so charming every time I visit, but on the Saturday night of PPP it just hits a totally new level.

By the way, I hope that those who did go caught a little bit of the costume parade this year. The photo below may or may not be my friends and I sporting our winning group costumes....

1125568433_armymen.thumb.jpg.f49f41208da083f6a2335ad8bc2422ed.jpg

We have our own Orphan Rocker, so screw you, Australia.

Actual lol

I'm personally wondering if it will reach a point where the ride becomes so weathered that it will have to be retracked (Or would that be "retroughed"?) before opening to the public.

When we met Mike Boodley this summer, he was working hard on a new chassis for the FT trains. He seemed like he really knew what was wrong with the old ones, and now that the park brought him on to rework it hopefully we'll see something come of it.

I am visiting on June 2nd, fingers crossed it will be open by then.

• 2 months later...

Knoebels has just posted the following question on their Facebook page:

What's 148 feet tall & travels at 47mph?

Let the rumors fly!

Based on the fact that any coaster that tall would travel much faster than 47 mph, something is telling me it might be a drop tower.

Just glanced at the main post on FB and didn't even realize it was a teaser for something new, though I couldn't match it up to anything they currently own. Is it sad that my first thought was Twister? (Though at least I was feeling surprised by the idea that it might be that tall and slow.)

Edit: I am now 100% unembarrassed, as the #1 guess on FB is by far Phoenix, with second place going to Twister...

Edited by cal1br3tto

Just glanced at the main post on FB and didn't even realize it was a teaser for something new, though I couldn't match it up to anything they currently own. Is it sad that my first thought was Twister? (Though at least I was feeling surprised by the idea that it might be that tall and slow.)

Edit: I am now 100% unembarrassed, as the #1 guess on FB is by far Phoenix, with second place going to Twister...

It's fun reading those comments.

A Drop Tower seems logical. If so, I wonder where it's going to go? Where ever it will be, just picture climbing 148 feet up and being above the forest of trees that cover the park. I have a feeling it would create one hell of a view.

I doubt it's a coaster (unless they're supersizing Flying Turns).

An attraction like a drop tower makes sense while they are chipping away at Flying Turns.

I could see the tower being constructed over by the Phoenix. I'd bet that they will either relocate Wipeout or Super Round Up to build it.