Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 415: 2019 flat ride announced Tumbling Timbers
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:00 am

^Amen. :lol:

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:20 pm

I kind of like it as is. We have our own Orphan Rocker, so screw you, Australia.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby NickP37 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:11 pm

coasterfreak101 wrote:When we met Mike Boodley this summer, he was working hard on a new chassis for the FT trains. He seemed like he really knew what was wrong with the old ones, and now that the park brought him on to rework it hopefully we'll see something come of it. He is the guy who designed the Millennium Flyers, after all - that alone should give people some faith!

When Dick came out to announce the winners of the annual costume contest, he did mention that "new trains were being assembled and shipped across the country soon," so take that for what it's worth.

This year was my second PPP and I've already got my sites for next year. I definitely know why some people shy away from this event, but I really think it is what you make of it. To me this event embodies everything that I love about the industry. After a long 6 and 7 day-a-week summer it's so nice to camp out for a weekend, see some familiar faces waiting in just about every single line, it just renews my love for my job and reminds me why I wanted to get into "the biz" in the first place. The park is just so charming every time I visit, but on the Saturday night of PPP it just hits a totally new level.

By the way, I hope that those who did go caught a little bit of the costume parade this year. The photo below may or may not be my friends and I sporting our winning group costumes....

army men.jpg
[color=#FFBF40]www.eastcoastcoasters.com[/color]

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Gav » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:54 pm

BeemerBoy wrote:We have our own Orphan Rocker, so screw you, Australia.

Actual lol :lol:

I'm personally wondering if it will reach a point where the ride becomes so weathered that it will have to be retracked (Or would that be "retroughed"?) before opening to the public.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simon8899 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:16 am

Still amazed about Knoebel's commitment to this ride. Many parks would've demolished the ride after 2-3 years and built something different.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby azza29 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:21 am

coasterfreak101 wrote:When we met Mike Boodley this summer, he was working hard on a new chassis for the FT trains. He seemed like he really knew what was wrong with the old ones, and now that the park brought him on to rework it hopefully we'll see something come of it.

I am visiting on June 2nd, fingers crossed it will be open by then. :)

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Myself » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:10 am

Knoebels has just posted the following question on their Facebook page:
What's 148 feet tall & travels at 47mph?

Let the rumors fly!

Based on the fact that any coaster that tall would travel much faster than 47 mph, something is telling me it might be a drop tower.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:12 am

Myself wrote:Knoebels has just posted the following question on their Facebook page:
What's 148 feet tall & travels at 47mph?

Not Flying Turns! :lol:

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:16 am

My answer: a new ride they purchased.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:22 am

Just glanced at the main post on FB and didn't even realize it was a teaser for something new, though I couldn't match it up to anything they currently own. Is it sad that my first thought was Twister? (Though at least I was feeling surprised by the idea that it might be that tall and slow.)

Edit: I am now 100% unembarrassed, as the #1 guess on FB is by far Phoenix, with second place going to Twister...
Last edited by cal1br3tto on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:32 am.
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!