SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:30 pm

RoCo wrote:But seriously, doesn't the Pooh vehicle also have some motion-base action to it?

No. It "bounces" in the Tigger room, but only because the floor bounces. The vehicles themselves have no motion base to them.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:31 pm

^^Hey, I love Pooh, I've been on it a lot with TPR!! But, if this is better, than its better. Haha, we'll see soon enough!

Also, I don't think Pooh's Honey Hunt has any motion base on it. It does have the tiger room, but in that case, the whole room moves!!

EDIT: Robb got it, haha.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby TXman308 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:43 pm

So the ride is basically a combination of Tokyo's Pooh and Spider-Man. Sounds like Sea World has a real winner on their hands. :)

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RoCo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Pooh, DAMN, that is wicked about the whole floor/room but color me even more impressed, then, with what SeaWorld is doing.
"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:59 pm

robbalvey wrote:Anyone else thing it's kinda interesting how the first "Winnie the Pooh" style ride we are getting in the USA is gonna come from SeaWorld of all places? =)

It's Winnie the Pooh on steroids--with penguins! (Try singing that to the tune of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.") I like what they're doing with this attraction.
Last edited by cfc on Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:41 am.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:35 pm

TXman308 wrote:So the ride is basically a combination of Tokyo's Pooh and Spider-Man. Sounds like Sea World has a real winner on their hands.

You also have to realize, though, this ride is going to very much be a "family" ride. I thought I remembered somewhere that it won't even have a height restriction, so it will be a lot more like Pooh than Spider-Man.

What is this, Joisey?

Postby Swimace » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:17 am

^In talking with Oceaneering at IAAPA, they did mention to us that they thought Spiderman was a bit too intense, and that they really want to have something that everyone in the park will ride. With that in mind, I think it would be smart to expect this ride to be VERY gentle in terms of motion and thrills.

To be fair though, Pooh is very gentle and is still AMAZING. I'm not sure if SeaWorld will be able to achieve the awesome level of theming that Pooh has (much less maintain it), but it will still be cool to see this kind of ride system operating in the US.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:44 pm

http://www.dailymarkets.com/stock/2012/12/19/seaworld-and-corus-entertainments-nelvana-announce-franklin-and-friends-partnership/

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment and Corus Entertainment’s Nelvana announced today a multi-platform partnership that combines the appeal of the popular Franklin & Friends characters with the beloved SeaWorld® brand. Beginning January 2013, the company’s new SeaWorld Kids brand and Nelvana will team up to introduce kids and families to in-park Franklin characters, TV specials, books and merchandise.

Highlights of this multi-faceted partnership include:

Franklin will take up residence at the three SeaWorld parks for the year, where guests will be able to meet this classic character, take photos and get autographs. The parks include:
    • SeaWorld Florida beginning with the “Just for Kids” event January 2013
    • SeaWorld Texas beginning with the “Just for Kids” event April 2013
    • SeaWorld California beginning with the “Spring into Night” event March 2013
  • Franklin and Friends‘ specialty merchandise, much of it exclusive to SeaWorld, will be available in the parks
  • SeaWorld and Nelvana are collaborating on two Franklin and Friends on-screen specials which will focus on the natural world
  • The SeaWorld Kids brand will be reflected in select Franklin products, including co-branded books published by Corus Entertainment’s Kids Can Press.
“Families throughout North America and from around the world look forward to their visits to SeaWorld parks in the U.S., and we are very excited to integrate the Franklin and Friends preschool brand into that experience,” said Colin Bohm, Managing Director, Nelvana. “The theme parks and the new SeaWorld Kids entertainment and merchandising opportunities provide ideal platforms for kids and families to connect with Franklin and Friends.”

“This partnership is a ‘natural’ for us to create fun, family experiences that connect young kids to animals and the world we share,” said Scott Helmstedter, Chief Creative Officer for SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment. “SeaWorld Kids is a brand dedicated to specifically connecting children with animals and nature, and Franklin is an enduring, much-loved animal character that brings adventure to kids. We look forward to working together to create unique opportunities for the Franklin and Friends‘ characters to have outdoor adventures and also educate viewers along the way.”

Based on the best-selling children’s book series by Paulette Bourgeois and Brenda Clark, published by Kids Can Press, the new CGI-animated TV series, Franklin and Friends, follows Franklin the Turtle as he experiences adventures and milestones, learning lessons along the way with his pals Snail, Rabbit, Beaver, Fox, Goose and best friend Bear. The series airs on Nick Jr. in the U.S. and Corus Entertainment’s preschool channel Treehouse in Canada. Franklin and Friends is a Canada-Singapore co-production from Nelvana Limited and Infinite Frameworks.

The new SeaWorld Kids banner features entertainment and lifestyle products that connect children as old as 12 with the joy and wonder of animals. This new brand brings kids up-close to nature in fun new ways, allowing them to connect with the world we share at home, schools and on-the-go. SeaWorld Kids will represent both custom and library-driven content programming in animation, TV, film, gaming, publishing and music.
FL32044.jpeg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Counselor Neil

Postby televisedconfession » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:59 am

I always thought Franklin and SeaWorld would be a good pairing, and now here it is.
They're in an interesting dynamic in Orlando, stuck between the thrills of USF and the family friendly Disney, and it seems they're doing well at it. Building multi-million dollar thrill rides, and still heavily investing in the children sections, while capitalizing on their environmental work. Bravo SeaWorld, bravo!
-Neil or no Deal

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/8edb82c78b6d77e5bd773746c455c1ca.jpg[/img][/url]

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:24 am

robbalvey wrote:
TXman308 wrote:So the ride is basically a combination of Tokyo's Pooh and Spider-Man. Sounds like Sea World has a real winner on their hands.

You also have to realize, though, this ride is going to very much be a "family" ride. I thought I remembered somewhere that it won't even have a height restriction, so it will be a lot more like Pooh than Spider-Man.

I would perceive that to be better anyways for the demographics that this attraction would reach out to. Not everything needs to be a thrill ride. I think a good well executed production is the most important part and i'm willing to bet that this attraction will be a great example of that.
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!