Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 968 - Hallowscream to return this year
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:45 am

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Both-si-181692811.html

Exactly one month after developer Ed Hart’s original deadline to reach a deal with the state on re-opening Kentucky Kingdom by 2014, there hasn’t been a response from either side.

A spokeswoman for Hart says the Kentucky Kingdom Redevelopment Corporations proposal to the state is still under negotiation.

The proposal states the investors could re-open the theme park by May 2014 if awarded the contract by November 1. But, it also states – “Any delay beyond November 1, 2012 in the state’s decision-making process could delay the KKRC’s planned opening.”

The Kentucky agency involved says state law expressly prohibits public discussion during the review process.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby ArundelHigh Coasters » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:31 am

Hopefully it re-opens in 2014. It' d be great to have it back. Dealing with the state is really tough though.
Life is the most thrilling roller coaster in the world. Everyone rides life.
Like a Vekoma, life isn't always great. Life is the longest, slowest, and fastest coaster in the world.
Like any coaster, life has it's up's and downs. Ride life to the fullest every day, because you don't know when it'll be taken.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Location: Cincinnati,OH, The helix of the beast, The first drop on Diamonback

Postby stashua123 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:54 am

First rode the beast at 6 years old

Favorite coaster: tie between Diamondback and The Beast

Home Park: Kings Island/Strickers Grove

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:58 am

Here is the article:

Gov. Steve Beshear "Excited" About Progress On Kentucky Kingdom Lease Deal

By DEVIN KATAYAMA
Gov. Steve Beshear says negotiations on a lease deal to reopen the Kentucky Kingdom amusement park are close, and he’s “excited” about the progress being made.

Beshear made his comments on WHAS-radio this week, saying, “I think it’s fair to say that we’re fairly close to negotiating a lease and if we get there and the fair board approves that, then the next step would be for the bidder to come up with the financing on it.”

The sole group known to be involved in negotiations with the state is the Kentucky Kingdom Redevelopment Company, which is composed of four private investors led by businessman Ed Hart.

Hart has tried negotiating with the state before without success. Both sides have made it clear they want to reopen the park but what’s unclear is why Hart’s past proposals have been rejected.

The KKRC deal includes $50 million in startup funds and another $70 million over a 30-year lease. Hart previously told the media the group would accept the same lease terms that were offered to Indiana’s Koch family earlier this year.

In the interview this week Beshear still did not say which group the state is in negotiations with, but instead reaffirmed the state would not guarantee any financing. Further, he said he thinks a lease deal will likely be negotiated, “and then it’ll just be whether the bidder can find the financing to do it, and we’ll move down that road next.”

Here are the bullet points of the KKRC proposal.

KKRC will make a $120-million investment in Kentucky Kingdom ($50 million in start-up funding and $70 million over the term of the lease with the state).
KKRC is not requesting any start-up funding from the state.
Kentucky Kingdom will yield $521 million in net new economic benefits for the state and $35 million in net new fiscal benefits for Metro Louisville over the term of the proposed lease.
KKRC will accept essentially the same lease terms that the state previously approved for the Holiday World investors. Including the jobs it will stimulate in the hospitality industry and construction trades, Kentucky Kingdom will produce, on average, 2,150 full-time jobs annually.
KKRC will restore all but one of the park’s rides and will return the park’s more than 100 buildings to first-class condition.
KKRC will add four new rides, including a spectacular new $15-million roller coaster, the first coaster to be introduced at Kentucky Kingdom in over a decade.
KKRC will double the size of the water park, “Hurricane Bay,” adding many new attractions.
KKRC will offer affordable pricing, especially for season passes and the food at the park.

Link

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby screaminkid2005 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:23 pm

Glad to hear the park is really close to reaching an agreement on a lease. Hopefully i'll get to take a trip there if it does open in 2014!

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Is the ride they're not reopening Chang?
Or are they talking about a SBNO ride?
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Location: Cincinnati,OH, The helix of the beast, The first drop on Diamonback

Postby stashua123 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:11 pm

Woodie Warrior wrote:Is the ride they're not reopening Chang?

Chang was closed when the park was still operating and moved to Six Flags Great Adventure as Green Lantern.

Ive heard the ride their removing is Greased Lightnin'. I hope this park reopens.
First rode the beast at 6 years old

Favorite coaster: tie between Diamondback and The Beast

Home Park: Kings Island/Strickers Grove

Postby Woodie Warrior » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:33 pm

stashua123 wrote:
Woodie Warrior wrote:Is the ride they're not reopening Chang?

Chang was closed when the park was still operating and moved to Six Flags Great Adventure as Green Lantern.

Ive heard the ride their removing is Greased Lightnin'. I hope this park reopens.

That would be a weird choice. It's pretty much their signature coaster now.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:36 pm

^I'd say it's not a choice. The ride is just in too poor of condition to restore it.

Postby Woodie Warrior » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:37 pm

DBru wrote:^I'd say it's not a choice. The ride is just in too poor of condition to restore it.

It is?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!