TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 623 - New Epic Universe details, including Celestial Park!

I guess Universal missed the memo on the earth's dwindling supply of helium.

I actually had Robb ask this question to them and they say that they budget and secure supplies several years in advance for the balloons.

One might say their supply is...universal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2246357/New-Harry-Potter-movie-filmed-Universal-Studios-theme-parks.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Harry Potter fans probably thought they’d seen the last of the boy wizard on the big screen but a ninth film is reportedly being secretly shot.

However, you’ll have to visit a theme park in America or Japan to view it.

The ‘mini movie’ is understood to be have been commissioned for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Orlando. It will also be shown at two new Harry Potter theme parks currently under construction in Japan and California.

Actress Helena Bonham Carter – who played Bellatrix Lestrange - is one of the stars said to be reprising her role.

The actors have been filming at Warner Brothers’ studios in Hertfordshire.

A source told The Sun newspaper: ‘The cast have really enjoyed getting back together - they are so tight-knit.’

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows - Part 2 was the last film based on the books by author JK Rowling and was released in cinemas last year. It saw Harry finally triumph over his arch-enemy Lord Voldemort.

Warner Brothers opened a Harry Potter studio tour last year near the studios where the new movie is being filmed. The three-hour tour costs £83 for a family of four and allows visitors to view the films' sets including Hogwarts’ Great Hall, Diagon Alley, Dumbledore’s office and the Gryffindor common room. It also features animatronics used in the series including Buckbeak the Hippogriff, Aragog the giant spider and the fearsome Basilisk head.

Universal Studios launched The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Florida in 2010. The attraction has been so successful that the company plans to open two further Harry Potter theme parks – one in Japan, which will open in 2014 and one in Los Angeles, which will open in 2016. Like the Florida attraction, they are expected to feature a reconstruction of the Hogwarts Castle and Hogsmeade, including the Three Broomsticks pub, Ollivander’s wand shop and Honeyduke’s sweet shop.

I have the feeling that this is more likely to be part of an attraction (like the in-ride video of Harry, Ron, and Hermione on Forbidden Journey) or preshow than any sort of stand-alone movie. Calling it a ninth film is absurd. By that logic, "Forbidden Journey" was the ninth film. Given that the plot of the books involved Hermione disguising herself as Bellatrix Lestrange when breaking into the Gringotts vault, it isn't inconceivable that Helena Bonham Carter would appear in the Gringotts ride.

As I watched this video I could not help but to think this would make the perfect ride concept for the suppossed Griggotts bank ride. As the cars look kind of like Mine Cars. (For those that know the story/ seen movie) The Mine Track in Grigotts is quite the twisted one...

Compare that to the actual movie footage of the bank vault train

Edited by vacoaster09

If they are bringing back Bellatrix for this "film piece", I think it's a very strong piece of evidence suggesting that the Gringotts Coaster is real.

You mean the coaster track that's already installed in the show building wasn't real enough?

If they are bringing back Bellatrix for this "film piece", I think it's a very strong piece of evidence suggesting that the Gringotts Coaster is real.

You mean the coaster track that's already installed in the show building wasn't real enough?

I was speaking in regard to the theme of the ride. I know Premier track has already been installed in the building.

v I did. But even though I edited it with better wording, the other posts still remain.

Edited by SoCalCoasters

I'm also going to say the this is for the Gringotts coaster. My reasoning is below...

SPOILER ALERT FOR ANYONE WHO HAS NOT READ THE BOOKS OR SEEN ALL THE FILMS- SCROLL DOWN NOW!

Excuse me for being a fanboy/nerd, but Bellatrix (Helena Bonham Carter's character) died at the end of HP7: Part 2. So probably the only way she could be reprising her role on screen would be if it took place within the existing series (as opposed to a "ninth" film like the article proposes). Just something I thought I'd throw that in there to give some reasoning as to why I believe this would be for the coaster.

END SPOILER ALERT

Also, assuming that the article is correct in stating that this "film" will also be shown at USJ and USH, then I guess this would confirm that the Gringotts coaster will be coming to their versions of WWOHP as well, if in fact this is what the film is going to be used for. Whatever this is being used for, I am excited to hear that some of the cast has reunited to shoot some new footage! I'll be looking forward to seeing it.

Excuse me for being a fanboy/nerd, but Bellatrix (Helena Bonham Carter's character) died at the end of HP7: Part 2. So probably the only way she could be reprising her role on screen would be if it took place within the existing series (as opposed to a "ninth" film like the article proposes). Just something I thought I'd throw that in there to give some reasoning as to why I believe this would be for the coaster.

I think there could be two answers for this.

1. Before the vault scenes in the movie Harmine had to use Polyjuice Potion to transform into Bellatrix to gain access to her vault. So it could be following that same story.

2. It's been rumored that Voldemort may make an appearance in the ride so if thats the case they are putting the rides story somewhere in the last few books.

Edited by kidcoaster 2

^considering the stories of J.K. Rowling requiring things of Universal to remain in line with the stories, it surprises me that she would allow it to be not cannon.

Then again, she could be reprising her role but this time as a ghost.

Edited by Moose

^considering the stories of J.K. Rowling requiring things of Universal to remain in line with the stories, it surprises me that she would allow it to be not cannon.

Isn't the wand shop not in Hogsmeade?

I think I read that they set that up so that the wand shops are "Chain" shops (like Target) that are located in different places.

So Hogsmeade will probably have an Ollivander's as well (like in the movies) due to the popularity of the shop at IOA.