Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby jray21 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:01 am

The castle projections are really impressive. I just can't dealing with all the people to see it. Great photos as well!

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:57 am

Wow, the Dumbo Vortex does look amazing. I really need to go back to The Magic Kingdom.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby derek_lentz » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:55 am

Wow, that BTMR pic is now my new desktop background. It looks incredible

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Hockeyman55 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:10 am

derek_lentz wrote:Wow, that BTMR pic is now my new desktop background. It looks incredible

Thank you everyone :) ^I have another pretty cool POV shot from BTMR that I havent had a chance to get to yet but will post it pretty soon in this photo thread I started :br

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=64269

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:39 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/interactive-atmosphere-entertainment-adds-to-the-experience-of-new-fantasyland-at-magic-kingdom-park/

At Disney Parks, we produce hundreds of different live entertainment experiences for our guests every day, from intimate character greetings to astounding nighttime spectaculars. Some of my favorite entertainment in the parks is what we refer to as “atmosphere.” Rather than big shows for a mass audience, these are the little surprises you come across when you least expect them.

“With the opening of New Fantasyland, we’re excited to introduce several new atmosphere groups that will become part of the storytelling experience you’ll find there,” said Creative Director Reed Jones. “They’re going to bring the neighborhoods of the land to life in really fun ways.”

rmm890753LARGE.jpg

The first of these groups, the Royal Majesty Makers, makes its debut next week, when New Fantasyland opens in previews for Magic Kingdom Park guests.

The Royal Majesty Makers engage boys and girls in random acts of “royaldom,” endowing them with the skills to become princes and princesses. These royal consultants, official ambassadors of Cinderella’s court, inspire and delight visiting villagers with magical moments throughout the land.

Led by retired knight Sir Sterling and royal etiquette expert Lady Llewellyn, the Royal Majesty Makers also include squire extraordinaire Tobias and flirtatious lady-in-waiting Bridget. They may be found in the Castle Courtyard, conducting Knight School, delivering invitations to a royal ball, leading royal dances or even playing a game of “Sir Sterling Says.”

As we get closer to the grand opening of New Fantasyland on December 6, we’ll be sharing more details with you about the other performers who will call this land home.

These new atmosphere acts will surely add to the wonderful memories we’ll all be making soon in New Fantasyland!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/12/get-ready-for-laughter-and-lunacy-with-the-storybook-circus-giggle-gang-in-new-fantasyland-at-magic-kingdom-park/

clo118974LARGE.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages, New Fantasyland is proud to present the Storybook Circus Giggle Gang!

clo228974LARGE.jpg

What would a circus be without clowns? At Storybook Circus in Magic Kingdom Park, our masters of mirth tickle your funny bone with a whirlwind of wackiness. Just wait until you meet boss clown Chuckles Buffoon McMonkeyshine III and his protégés, Whinny Horselaugh and Snort. Together, they engage in circus shenanigans, from classic calamities to clown calisthenics. They’re sure to have you in stitches!

clo338974LARGE.jpg

Joining the Storybook Circus Giggle Gang is the Silly Saxtet, parading onto the circus grounds with their own unique twist on circus music standards, and featured clown Wowzer, a specialty performer who takes center ring and keeps his audience enthralled with amazing feats of thrills, chills and hilarity.

clo448974LARGE.jpg

Inspired by everything from Walt Disney’s “Dumbo” to the music of Spike Jones, the Storybook Circus Giggle Gang also has its roots in the classic traditions of The Greatest Show on Earth. Several members of the ensemble are graduates of the famed Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Clown College.

whi113894LARGE.jpg

“I feel like I’m going back to my roots,” said Show Director Mark Renfrow, himself a member of the Clown College Class of ’83. “People are going to be really surprised by the Storybook Circus Giggle Gang. They’re just so approachable and fun. They really bring the whole circus area to life.”

The Storybook Circus Giggle Gang debuts this week, as part of the grand reveal of New Fantasyland!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:44 pm

I find it a bit humorous that MK would be adding clowns to the Fantasyland area. Nowadays the only places you would see clowns at theme parks are at Haunt events. If one of those clowns ran up to me to say hello, they would give me a good startle. Seriously!
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:02 pm

I caught a glimpse of the royal people the other day. Didn't stop to watch much as I was on a mission for food at the time, but the people around seemed to be enjoying them a lot. Streetmosphere seems to be getting more and more popular at parks with themed areas, and it really does enhance the experience. Good to see MK really pushing the offerings in New Fantasyland.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:26 pm

TPR has been invited to the media day celebration for New Fantasyland (along with Test Track and Splittsville) and while we will have a full report after tomorrow's "official" opening, here's a sneak peek from tonight's event....

Just checked in the the Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom New Fantasyland media event!

This is why we are at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom tonight!

Private party tonight at New Fantasyland for media and invited guests!

A sneak peek at Snow White's mine train roller coaster!

Construction pics of the Snow White roller coaster!

Here's a render of the coaster section of Snow White Mine Train! Here's the full video:

JUST SPOTTED! A fire breathing dragon flew over New Fantasyland!

Checking out some INCREDIBLE effects in Enchanted Tales with Belle!

The animatronics in Enchanted Tales with Belle are state of the art!

KidTums is pretty excited to play a part in Belle's story!

The story of Beauty & The Beast is acted out in front of us!

KidTums hanging out with Gaston in New Fantasyland!

Fans of Beauty & The Beast will love the items in Village Gifts.

KidTums approves of the New Fantasyland merchandise!

At a Disney media event, there is no shortage of food and alcohol!

We tried the "grey stuff" ... It was delicious!

The cupcake samplings from "Be Our Guest" restaurant were amazing!

Enjoying some of LeFou's Brew at Gaston's Tavern!

Checking out the Storybook Circus area of New Fantasyland!

Dumbo features a new queue concept that allows kids to play while you wait!

Grab a pager...

... Let the kids play...

And then when it's your time... you go ride! :)

We'll give Barnstormer some love!

Wreck it Ralph is destroying the castle!

As we exited the park, we were given New Fantasyland Mickey ears! We'll be back tomorrow for more! Follow us on Twitter for live updates! www.twitter.com/themeparkreview

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:24 am

Awesome stuff! Can't wait to see more. It's really amazing what Disney is able to do.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby DarkRideNick » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:12 am

I'm heading to MK for a couple days around Christmas and I'm so excited to check this out! I'm definitley eating at Gaston's and riding Little Mermaid!
Nicky Palton
:lmao: Cedar Point's #1 Fan :lmao:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!