Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1436: Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure news
Users viewing this topic: cfc and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Gimme Some Candy!

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterfreak101 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:38 pm

^What he said. Last January, we got a two-day ticket, which was nice because we got to go for two days but honestly wasn't even necessary. The second day, we ended up hitting each park three times because we couldn't decide what we wanted to ride since we managed to do everything on day one!

Two days will certainly give you plenty of time to ride Hulk and Mummy, though.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:06 pm

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/features_orlando/2012/11/universal-orlando-holiday-pass-works-through-end-of-january.html

Universal Orlando is now selling a ticket that allows Florida residents to visit both of its theme parks repeatedly through the end of January 2013.

The Holiday Pass, sold online, costs $119.99. (A normal one-park, one-day admission is $88.) It comes with a few blackout dates: It is not valid Dec. 26-Jan. 1. The deal requires a code from specially marked packages of Zephyrhills water.

Floridians with the Holiday Pass will be able to take in the parks’ festivities, such as the “Grinchmas Wholiday Spectacular” stage show at Islands of Adventure and the Macy’s Holiday Parade and Mannheim Steamroller concerts at Universal Studios on valid dates in December. Then, after the bulk of tourists go home, Holiday Pass holders can spend most of January in the parks and enjoy more elbow room.

The Holiday Pass must be purchased and activated by Jan. 11, 2013. There is a limit of six passes per purchase. Valid Florida photo ID and offer code are required.

More info: www.universalorlando.com.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:19 am

Last week, Robb and I had the chance to revisit the Universal Orlando Resort for a sneak peek at this year's Macy's Holiday Parade and Grinchmas. Along the way we were able to see just how the balloon handlers work with the huge balloons along Universal Studios Florida's narrow streets, along with getting the chance to ride Trikealoons (see below), to see an actor become a Who and to interact with the Grinch himself!

DSC01247.JPG
On our way into the park, we couldn't help but marvel at just how much progress has been made on Transformers; The Ride since our last visit for the ride's official announcement several weeks ago.
DSC01256.JPG
But this is why we're really here!
DSC01259.JPG
They've modified the Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit lift hill to take on the form of the iconic Macy's Holiday Parade balloon!
DSC01260.JPG
Meet the Trikealoon!
DSC01264.JPG
Balloon holders have to be trained to move as a unit and work under military precision.
DSC01272.JPG
John Piper, Vice President of Macy's Parade Studio was on hand to tell us about the history of the parade at Universal Studios Florida, now in its 11th year of performances.
DSC01278.JPG
He was especially excited to show off this year's addition to the parade by driving one of the new Trikealoons!
DSC01292.JPG
Santa wishes you a Happy Holiday Rip, Ride, Rockit!
DSC01293.JPG
"It was mildly terrifying!"
IMG_2840.JPG
But we loved it!
IMG_2838.JPG
There we plenty of photo ops with the many themed characters from the show's team.
DSC01301.JPG
Check out these costumes!
DSC01297.JPG
But the Macy's Holiday Parade wasn't all that we were here for today...
DSC01304.JPG
Moving into one of the soundstages, we were greeted by a rousing performance by The Outer Toons, a troupe of Who's performing the music of Manheim Steamroller as heard in the Universal retelling of How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
DSC01306.JPG
But it was already a holiday for us thanks to a cool, refreshing Coca-Cola!
DSC01331.JPG
Originally held outside in Suess Landing, the show's popularity called for a move indoors to allow for added seating, additional showings and a more weather-friendly show venue.
DSC01313.JPG
Part of the day's Grinchmas presentation was to allow us to see just how a Human becomes a Whoman...
DSC01315.JPG
First you apply the nose...
DSC01322.JPG
The difference is instantly noticeable.
DSC01323.JPG
We love finding out about effects makeup, so this was such a cool inside look for us!
DSC01324.JPG
Soylent Who is noses!
DSC01338.JPG
Next is the painting...
DSC01340.JPG
And after some airbrushing and touch up paint, the Who is ready!
DSC01351.JPG
Look who showed up for some mischief!
DSC01368.JPG
If you ever get the chance to witness the Grinch, you'll quickly realize how much of a prankster he is.
DSC01375.JPG
And he was a riot to watch!
IMG_2899.JPG
I don't know...
DSC01336.JPG
3D!
DSC01337.JPG
For the elephants.
IMG_2852.JPG
And so our preview came to a close...

Come check out the Macy's Holiday Parade and Grinchmas at the Universal Orlando Resort!
Last edited by Hhappy on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:37 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:19 pm

^Where is the indoor theater located for the Grinch? That looks like a nice setup for the Grinch. Also I can't believe its already been 11 years of the parade at Universal.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby donkeyman18 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:48 am

Elephant door sign from nickelodeon studios! :lover: :lover: :lover: My early childhood lives on!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:23 am

Santa is coming for you, Robb! Run fast, run far!

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby themeparkguy27 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:16 am

Mrlittle wrote:^Where is the indoor theater located for the Grinch? That looks like a nice setup for the Grinch. Also I can't believe its already been 11 years of the parade at Universal.

You go backstage next to One Fish and then its in the big soundstage across from where the Dead End house was and behind Hard Rock.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:45 am

I guess Universal missed the memo on the earth's dwindling supply of helium.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:48 am

BeemerBoy wrote:I guess Universal missed the memo on the earth's dwindling supply of helium.

I actually had Robb ask this question to them and they say that they budget and secure supplies several years in advance for the balloons.

Postby Wes » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:41 am

SharkTums wrote:
BeemerBoy wrote:I guess Universal missed the memo on the earth's dwindling supply of helium.

I actually had Robb ask this question to them and they say that they budget and secure supplies several years in advance for the balloons.

One might say their supply is...universal.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!