TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

I like how the vehicles strongly call penguins to mind, instead of tackily trying to replicate actual penguins. Very pretty and streamlined. The trackless system looks like it'll be put to great use here.

I'm glad this ride will give me something extra to do whenever I'm at SeaWorld Orlando next; I'll be happy to go back and enjoy their small coaster collection some more, and this will help fill out my day at this beautiful park.

SeaWorld Orlando has sent us a press release regarding this year's lineup for the Bands, Brew & BBQ Festival.

SeaWorld Orlando announces an exciting concert lineup for its Bands, Brew & BBQ Festival, Saturdays and Sundays, February 9 – March 17. This year’s event will be bigger and better with two additional weekends of authentic sizzling BBQ and concerts.

The 2013 Bands, Brew & BBQ concert lineup includes:

• Saturday, February 9: Chris Young with Jerrod Niemann
    Sunday, February 10: Merle Haggard
    Saturday, February 16: The Beach Boys
    Sunday, February 17: Styx
    Saturday, February 23: Big & Rich
    Sunday, February 24: Third Eye Blind
    Saturday, March 2: Daryl Hall and John Oates
    Sunday, March 3: TBA
    Saturday, March 9: TBA
    Sunday, March 10: Josh Turner
    Saturday, March 16: TBA
    Sunday, March 17: TBA

For more details about Bands, Brew & BBQ – and to get the latest additions to the lineup - visit http://www.SeaWorldOrlando.com

SeaWorld Orlando’s Bands, Brew & BBQ is included with park admission. The best way to catch all the concerts is with a 2013 Fun Card. Just pay for a day and get 2012’s Christmas Celebration and all of 2013’s events free!

2139032204_9BEC-693_BandsBrewampBBQ_Logo1.jpg.add6f2a80cc5bd2715e48a1c306e2c38.jpg

SeaWorld Orlando has also sent us a press release regarding their first mobile game, Turtle Trek.

SeaWorld® announced today the company’s first mobile game, Turtle Trek™ now available from the App Store℠.

Turtle Trek is a free game download for the iPhone and iPad. Players guide an adventuresome sea turtle on a quest across the beach and into the water to find friends. They help the plucky sea turtle navigate through the perilous seascape and conquer a variety of challenges, some dangerous and some light-hearted.

With help from friendly characters such as Shamu the killer whale and Nyah the green sea turtle, players collect treasures and fill virtual sticker books with an array of ocean friends met during their trek. SeaWorld engaged Sleepy Giant through its Flying Grom label to create the new game.

Turtle Trek provides hours of fun and immersive action, and also offers an educational benefit by sharing fun facts about real sea animals. Players encounter dozens of sea creatures but when they meet a special “Ocean Friend,” they gain a collectible virtual sticker for their Trek Book. At the touch of a finger, this virtual sticker opens to reveal interesting facts and photos about the actual ocean animal that the character resembles. These facts are kept easily accessible and can be shared with family and friends.

The game’s name and theme reflect the newest attraction at SeaWorld Orlando that opened this past April. The attraction blends up-close encounters with live sea turtles and manatees with the world’s first 3D, 360 degree domed theater. In this attraction, guests get a turtle’s eye view of the world as they are surrounded on all sides – and even above – by the hyper-realistic 3D film that is journey of a special sea turtle named Nyah.

Since 2011, SeaWorld has recently begun expanding its popular brand into new media and entertainment platforms such as mobile games, movies, television and new lines of licensed consumer products.

“SeaWorld has a 50-year history of creating entertainment experiences that inspire people to connect with animals, and this type of entertainment is a natural extension for our company,” said Scott Helmstedter, Chief Creative Officer of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment. “It is engaging and fun, but also instills a greater understanding of some of the ocean’s amazing animals.”

The game is the first to be offered under the new partnership between SeaWorld and Sleepy Giant. Sleepy Giant’s Flying Grom label is focused on working with brands to create compelling, family-oriented interactive experiences.

“We are thrilled to be working with SeaWorld, an exceptional brand and partner. SeaWorld has a rich history of providing entertainment, education, and conservation in everything they do, and ‘Turtle Trek’ extends that tradition with fun and learning,” said Matt Hannus, CEO of Sleepy Giant.

While Turtle Trek offers a free opportunity to download and play, additional purchasable content is available. A portion of proceeds from the purchasable content will be donated directly to the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund.

The game’s name and theme reflect the newest attraction at SeaWorld Orlando that opened this past April. The attraction blends up-close encounters with live sea turtles and manatees with the world’s first 3D, 360 degree domed theater. In this attraction, guests get a turtle’s eye view of the world as they are surrounded on all sides – and even above – by the hyper-realistic 3D film that is journey of a special sea turtle named Nyah.

TT-splash_screen_char-ipad.JPG.7425d88096924cee4a7f21dabcc88981.JPG

Edited by jedimaster1227

Oh great, I hope nothing comes of this, but since no one follows directions Sea World will probably be forced to do something

www.wric.com/story/20243200/young-girl-bitten-while-feeding-dolphin-at-seaworld

ALPHARETTA, Ga. (AP) -- The family of an 8-year-old Georgia girl says she suffered minor injuries after a dolphin bit her hand at SeaWorld in Orlando, Fla.

WSB-TV reports young Jillian Thomas of Alpharetta was feeding fish to the dolphin as part of a SeaWorld attraction and got bitten when she held up the paper fish container to where the dolphin could grab it. That's something SeaWorld warns guests not to do.

Jillian says she feared the dolphin would "eat my hand off." Instead she suffered three small punctures.

Her father, Jamie Thomas, has posted video of the Nov. 21 incident on the website YouTube. He says he wants parents to know feeding dolphins can be risky.

SeaWorld says it hasn't reviewed the video but is committed to the safety of its guests.

^Dolphins are smarter than most humans. Then again, moldy pudding is smarter than most humans.

I'm pretty sure the dolphin was not going to bite her hand off. Unless it's some sort of mutant dolphin that's biding its time until it unleashes its fury upon the Earth. Hmm, this sounds like an amazing SyFy Channel original...

dt

• 2 weeks later...

^"Better than pooh..." heh.

But seriously, doesn't the Pooh vehicle also have some motion-base action to it?

Anyway, I never would have guessed that a ride about penguins would be one of the coolest pun intended rides of the next few years.

Last, I, for one, welcome our new dolphin overlords.