Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

P. 130 - Six Flags 2019 Announcements
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Six Flags Development Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:24 pm

Oh, wow, I hadn't noticed the news about Al Weber stepping down...or being asked to leave? Seriously, how many changes of senior management can one company have in the past decade???

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Mean Streak » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:06 pm

robbalvey wrote:Oh, wow, I hadn't noticed the news about Al Weber stepping down...or being asked to leave? Seriously, how many changes of senior management can one company have in the past decade???

WOW he is never noticed. Don't forget they are still getting rid of the premier era management

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:41 am

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/10/24/4359812/higher-attendance-and-prices-boost.html

Thanks to improved attendance and higher prices at its theme parks, third-quarter profits for Grand Prairie-based Six Flags Entertainment Corp. went up 31 percent, the company reported today.

Six Flags, the owner of Six Flags Over Texas and Hurricane Harbor in Arlington, reported net income of $253 million for the quarter ending Sept. 30, or $4.33 a share, compared to $192.8 million, or $3.43 a share in the year-ago quarter.

Revenue for the quarter was $485 million, up $10 million, or 2 percent, driven by an increase in admissions revenue, the company said.

"Cash flow is growing nicely," said Six Flags CEO Jim Reid-Anderson in a conference call with Wall Street analysts. "Six Flags has shown this business can generate high recurring revenue. We feel fantastic about where we are."

Despite the positive report, shares of Six Flags (ticker: SIX) were down $6.58, or 10.5 percent, at $55.76 in morning trading.

Admissions revenue per capita increased slightly to $23.51, the result of higher prices offset by a higher mix of season pass attendance, the company said. Attendance at the company's 19 parks increased 3 percent in the quarter to 11.5 million guests, Six Flags said.

Reid-Anderson said attendance for the year so far has grown 8 percent, to 25.6 million, and is "headed north." Four parks will host Holiday in the Park events later this year.

The company has focused on selling season passes as a way to increase revenue, Reid-Anderson said, even though season pass guests tend to spend less per visit. Over the course of the year, however, season pass holders spend more than single-day guests, he said.

Sales of season passes for 2013 are already showing a double-digit increase compared to sales last year of 2012 passes, he said.

"We are seeing no let up in the purchase of season passes," Reid-Anderson said.

On Sept. 28, the company said it sold its minority interest in Dick Clark Productions for $70 million. The money was used to buy back 1.1 million share of stock, the company said.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simaticable » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:55 pm

From Screamscape:

Six Flags - (10/29/12) An interesting rumor from the Six Flags campground make it to my ears this weekend. Sounds like there may be some kind of contract dispute between Six Flags and SmarteCart, the 3rd party vendor who supplied Six Flags with all those walls of extra fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo at the major attractions several years ago. I believe the basis for the first deal was some kind of profit revenue sharing plan between the two if SmarteCart would install the fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo into the park on their own dime. Rumor has it SmarteCart wants more money and Six Flags is telling them to go pound sand.
The management at Six Flags now is entirely different from the the group who negotiated the original deal, and could be that they are ready to part ways with SmarteCart, which could mean that the mandatory fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo system could be on the way out before the parks reopen in 2013. Stay tuned!

I like the sound of that!
Schwarzkopf was a genius; anything less makes you a moron. ;)

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:33 pm

simaticable wrote:I like the sound of that!

No way. SmarteCart might jump ship, but Six Flags will just install a different fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo system. They'll never go back to the station bins or switch to free fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby narkitty » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:00 pm

^^ SFFT and SFOT have already stopped enforcing their fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo policy altogether.

Coaster Count: 60 (48 Steel, 7 Wood)

Postby Wes » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:10 pm

The medicine and goo stuffing industry is going to take a big hit if its true. :(

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:30 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:No way. SmarteCart might jump ship, but Six Flags will just install a different fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo system. They'll never go back to the station bins or switch to free fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo.

Great America has station bins and cup holders on every ride and coaster, yet when I went to St. Louis they were still making people use fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo.

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby azza29 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:40 pm

^This is the way to go. Nickel-and-dime tactics just piss people off, visitors are more likely to return (and spend more money overall) if they don't feel like the park is trying to screw every last dollar out of them.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:28 pm

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/discover-six-flags-extend-corporate-sponsorship-20121128-00378#.ULfRO6WXKfG

Discover Financial Services (DFS) Wednesday announced a new, multi-year extension of its corporate sponsorship with Six Flags Entertainment Corp. (SIX). The extension, which follows a successful three-year run, offers Discover cardmembers in-park discounts, special ticket packages and exclusive experiences.

As the official credit card of all domestic Six Flags parks, Discover will continue to reward its cardmembers in 11 U. S. markets in a variety of ways, including among others, a dedicated Discover gate during the first two hours of each park opening.

Six Flags will continue to feature Discover signage and branding throughout their parks via the Six Flags Media Networks, including Six Flags TV, digital billboards, scrolling signs and banners.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!