TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/imagineers-talk-working-with-johnny-depp-on-the-legend-of-captain-jack-sparrow-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

I absolutely love the “Pirates of Caribbean” film franchise, which is why I’m super excited to experience The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow attraction, which will grand open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on December 6.

The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow is a walk-through attraction that will allow guests to follow in the footsteps of Jack Sparrow to see if they have what it takes to join his rowdy and daring pirate crew.

Walt Disney Imagineering just shared this amazing video with us, in which Imagineers Jason Surrell, Laura Mitchell, Charita Carter and Jason Roberts take us behind the scenes of the making of this new experience. According to them, creating an entirely new attraction based on the “Pirates of the Caribbean” film franchise was a dream come true, as was working with the film’s lead actor, Johnny Depp, who reprised his role as Captain Jack Sparrow for the attraction’s film elements.

See what else they had to say:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/comedy-warehouse-cast-brings-the-gift-of-laughter-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Last year, alumni of the former Comedy Warehouse on Pleasure Island were reunited at Disney’s Hollywood Studios for a limited run in “The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special.” For seven short days, the show played to capacity crowds at the park’s ABC Sound Studio.

Well, today I have good news and better news! The good news is, “The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special” is returning by popular demand. Better still, the show is moving to a larger venue, the Premiere Theater, and its run is being extended to 14 days. Now, even more Comedy Warehouse fans and park guests will have a chance to participate in this uniquely hilarious live show.

For the uninitiated, “The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special” presents the best of family-friendly improvisational comedy, as performers take suggestions from the audience and add their own brand of humor right on the spot, inventing holiday songs, stories, poems and scenarios.

“’The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special’ is like a family reunion of the Cast of the Comedy Warehouse,” said Show Director Chris Oyen. “We’re so happy to be able to bring everyone together again for the holiday season and to put on this show. It’s a gift from our family to yours.”

“The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special” runs from December 23 through January 5 and is included in regular Disney’s Hollywood Studios park admission.

cwh212982LARGE.jpg.58c49ee2ee5f67ec66da79f3278cf329.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/12/new-stories-coming-to-disney-junior-live-on-stage-in-2013-at-disneys-hollywood-studios-and-disney-california-adventure-park/

As a father of twin boys, the Disney Junior – Live on Stage! show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney California Adventure park is a favorite stop whenever we visit those parks. One of the best things about the show is that it’s regularly updated to feature new characters and stories from the Disney Junior line-up on TV. Well, I’m excited to tell you (and them), that Disney Junior – Live on Stage! is primed to get another update in early 2013, when new hits “Doc McStuffins” and “Sofia the First” join “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse” and “Jake and the Never Land Pirates.”

The new version of Disney Junior – Live on Stage! debuts at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in mid-February and comes to Disney California Adventure about a month later, in March 2013. And be sure to catch the premiere of the “Sofia the First” TV series Friday, Jan. 11 on Disney Channel and Disney Junior.

djl190245LARGE.jpg.d76609e39d3f47b0f97f84a627af0b03.jpg

djl901824LARGE.jpg.661436b60fe978be65a6cd06ef07aa4e.jpg

KT is BEYOND excited about this! It's been a rumor for sometime that Doc McStuffins would be added to the show, but Sofia the First really came out of nowhere! It's a 'bit' more of a girl show than a boy show now, but that doesn't bother me!!!

Same thing in our house Elissa. Caroline has gone ape over Sofia and Doc. I cannot believe Disney did not prepare any merchandise for Sofia! Usually they are pretty good about having the merchandise out and ready like they did with Wreck-It Ralph. I guess Sofia was an afterthought. Oh well, she will have to settle for Doc this Christmas!

^ There's been merch for Sofia The First available since pretty much right when it came out...

http://www.disneystore.com/sofia-the-first/mn/1015502/?catalogFromSearch=10002

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Sofia-Plush-First-Princess/dp/B009ZCT8R0

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=sofia+the+first&_nkwusc=sofia+the+fist&_rdc=1

http://www.toywiz.com/sofiafirst.html

I'm pretty sure KidTums has (or will have) most of these in a few days!

Edited by robbalvey

^Thanks Robb. I didnt see them on the Disney Store website so I assumed there wasnt anything other than the clothing. I did expect to see more items like the princess dresses, barbie dolls, etc. I am sure the chinese are working overtime to get it out since there will be a Sofia series come January.

• 4 weeks later...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/01/the-american-idol-experience-at-walt-disney-world-resort-introduces-new-songs-for-a-new-season/

Did you catch the premiere of the new season of “American Idol” last night? I always enjoy watching the audition episodes, as young people take the first bold step to pursuing their dreams.

I spoke to the team at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and they said they’re already seeing some familiar faces in the New York auditions. These Hollywood hopefuls got their start competing for a Dream Ticket at The American Idol Experience at the Walt Disney World Resort. In fact, last season, five contestants of the coveted Top 13 had been Dream Ticket recipients!

Just as “American Idol” on television makes changes each season, The American Idol Experience has recently been updated with the addition of 14 new songs, which guests can choose to perform for their big moment on stage.

Many of the new songs, including hits from former American Idols, are titles that have been requested by guests auditioning at The American Idol Experience. Taking a cue from the television show, where country music has become more prominent, the list also adds several more songs from that genre.

Here’s the complete list of the recent additions, bringing the total number of songs available for auditions to 158. Which one would be a dream come true for you to perform on The American Idol Experience stage?

• “American Honey” by Lady Antebellum
  • “Animal” by Neon Trees
  • “Cowboy Casanova” by Carrie Underwood
  • “Dark Side” by Kelly Clarkson
  • “Give Your Heart a Break” by Demi Lovato
  • “Home” by Phillip Phillips
  • “One Thing” by One Direction
  • “Part of Me” by Katy Perry
  • “Please Remember Me” by Tim McGraw, covered by Scotty McCreery
  • “Set Fire to the Rain” by Adele
  • “Stronger” by Kelly Clarkson
  • “The One That Got Away” by Katy Perry
  • “Turn on the Radio” by Reba McEntire
  • “Undo It” by Carrie Underwood

ami117213LARGE.thumb.jpg.69eb3a9b8198a8a9c239ff254f356a29.jpg

ami117113LARGE.jpg.01fe6bec585fe36a4b7d358ae1c33e5d.jpg

That show is still on TV?

I totally forgot that show was even at DHS. I was there this past week and it didn't even cross my mind when I was thinking of things to do there. I guess one of these days I should see it. I really hope there are some terrible singers when I do.

Edited by jray21

• 2 months later...

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2013-03-21/travel/os-disney-hollywood-studios-parade-ends-20130321_1_pixar-pals-countdown-block-party-bash-fun-parade

Disney World is pulling the plug on two of its live-entertainment options at Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park next month. The last day for the Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun parade and the Disney Channel Rocks street show will be April 6, a Disney World spokeswoman confirms.

Countdown to Fun features characters from animated films such as "Toy Story," "Monsters, Inc.," "The Incredibles," "Up," "A Bug's Life" and "Ratatouille." It debuted in early 2011, taking over for a similar presentation known as Block Party Bash. Countdown to Fun reused many of the costumes and altered floats from Bash, which debuted in 2008.

The Disney Channel Rocks show features a rolling stage that moves up the park's Hollywood Boulevard along with a young cast of singer-dancers. The production sets up camp at the base of the giant sorcerer's hat and includes songs from Disney Channel TV shows and movies such as "Camp Rock." The show is a cousin to previous presentations based on the "High School Musical" movie series and includes the first film's trademark anthem "We're All in This Together."

There is no immediate replacement parade scheduled for Hollywood Studios, the spokeswoman said.

• 5 weeks later...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/04/may-the-fourth-be-with-you-celebrated-at-disneys-hollywood-studios-for-limited-time-magic/

For one day only, Disney’s Hollywood Studios will present a “Limited Time Magic” event for the annual, fan-proclaimed “Star Wars Day,” May 4 – a date that Star Wars fans worldwide turn into a celebratory pun, “May the Fourth Be With You!”

Separate from our month-long Star Wars Weekends special event (which begins May 17), this “Limited Time Magic” celebration features special Star Wars entertainment, characters, commemorative merchandise, a Star Wars dance party and a Star Wars-themed fireworks show to cap off the day.

You might even find yourself sitting next to Chewbacca aboard Star Tours – The Adventures Continue. Star Wars characters will make surprise appearances on the 3-D attraction to enjoy the wild journey through space alongside park guests.

A special edition of Jedi Training Academy also is planned that day, with parents invited to join their children (ages 4-12, sign-ups required on first-come basis) on-stage for the training and final showdown with the Empire.

When the sun goes down, galactic fun lights the night as Lobot (from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back) takes over as DJ for a dance party that will be highlighted by a special Star Wars fireworks show.

“May the Fourth Be With You” “Limited Time Magic” park activities and shows are included in regular admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.