Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Chroniq » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:23 pm

So they are clearly "teasing" this. For the uninitiated, this is the turbo-prop based airplane that Disney has been testing in California over the past few months... The harder question to answer is where does this fit into the Disney cannon? .. While the rumor mill has hinted at this being an Avatar dragon, smarty money says it will be an addition to Fantasmic that premiers in December.
FlyingDragon.jpg
Last edited by Chroniq on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:26 pm.
Tram Credits: 13502 Find me here: Chris Con

Postby Wes » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:25 pm

^ Your money wouldn't be so smart in this case...

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Chroniq » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:30 pm

^Fuckk.. They setup a tumblr account to promote dragons. Looks like an add-on to the new fantasyland that will premier during the media day on December 6. What is this world coming to? http://disneydragons.tumblr.com
Tram Credits: 13502 Find me here: Chris Con

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:04 am

As long as there aren't any dragon "poetry slams."

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:41 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/walt-disney-imagineers-unveil-the-backstory-of-barnabas-t-bullion-prioprietor-and-president-of-big-thunder-mining-company/

Last week, we shared an image of a portrait that’s a part of a new project our Walt Disney Imagineers are currently working on – and today we’re happy to reveal the identity of that man and share details on the role he’ll play in the enhanced storyline of a certain Magic Kingdom Park attraction, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

por111512SMALL.jpg

The fellow’s name is Barnabas T. Bullion, and he’s the gold magnate who rules the Big Thunder Mining Company with a golden fist. Imagineers have already begun working overnight in the park on the attraction’s new interactive queue, where you’ll be able to see this portrait, as well as an additional landscape portrait of the mountain itself.

btm873463.jpg

According to the enhanced backstory: “Barnabas T. Bullion is the founder and president of the Big Thunder Mining Company. The longtime mining magnate comes from a powerful East Coast family and considers gold to be his very birthright by virtue of his oddly appropriate name; in fact, he considers the ultimate gold strike to be his destiny. And that is why he is having so much trouble with Big Thunder Mountain. According to superstitious locals, Big Thunder Mountain is very protective of the gold it holds within, and the unfortunate soul who attempts to mine its riches is destined to fail. And so far that prophecy is coming to pass. The mine has been plagued by mysterious forces and natural disasters ever since. And yet the Big Thunder Mining Co. is still in operation. In fact, Bullion is discovering new veins of gold and digging new shafts every day, offering a closer look at the Big Thunder mining operation than ever before. But a word to the wise for anyone attempting to visit the mountain: watch out for runaway trains.”

Look for these new additions and a number of additional interactive elements in the coming months at Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, the wildest ride in the wilderness!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mechanic » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:36 pm

Does BTMR really need an enhanced backstory? I always thought it did just fine as it was.

Every problem is a solution waiting to happen.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:56 am

^ Give 'em time... even the turnstiles and urinals will have a backstory at Disney.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:22 am

I wonder if adding this back story at this point in time has anything to do with the upcoming tv show? Whether the show succeeds or flops it would make sense to go ahead and incorporate some aspects of the story line as soon as possible.

Yeah, the storylines at Disney have always kind of been kind hit or miss for me, some are great and some are just unnecessary, but sometimes I think that Disney goes out of heir way to create these elaborate stories (and spend a lot of money doing so) where they just aren't needed. I know it's kind of what separates Disney from Six Flags and others, but sometimes can't a ride just be a ride? Does Space Mountain need a story, and a movie, and a theme song, or can it just be a cool roller coaster in outer space? That story works for me.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:36 am

I liked Disney's new interactive queue for the Haunted Mansion, so why not Big Thunder? Anything that gives people something to do while they're waiting in line (other than carving their initials on the hand rails) is OK by me.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:38 pm

Why couldn't they have done this before there was Fast Pass! ;) It would have made the lines so much more tolerable pre-fast pass, but I'm so glad they are doing it. It's nothing amazing, but it is definitely a huge improvement over the standard line.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!