Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1436: Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure news
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:06 am

I imagine the park would have some way to bypass the "elevator" if there were technical problems.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:21 am

Since I know next to nothing about Harry Potter, I'm all for the expansion being as high tech as possible. That's what made it even remotely interesting to me---Amazing detail and cool FX/cool ride system. I had no idea what was actually going on.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:35 am

cfc wrote:I imagine the park would have some way to bypass the "elevator" if there were technical problems.

Would JK allow that? I could see her saying If an elevator ride is required in potterverse, it is required here too.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:36 am

^Surely there's some sort of spell to cover that contigency, such as "JK, "Drinkonius Can-of-shutupias!'"
Last edited by cfc on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:00 pm.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:02 pm

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Universal-Orlando-announces-new-dining-experiences/-/1637132/17386872/-/8fn4b9/-/index.html

Universal Orlando announced two new entertainment experiences coming to the theme park, including a character breakfast and a special parade viewing area.

According to a news release, two new programs will offer guests a special dining experience followed by a private viewing area of either a parade or Universal's Cinematic Spectacular show.

The first program is the Superstar Character Breakfast where guests will dine and meet characters from Universal's Superstar Parade, such as the minions from Universal's new Despicable Me Minion Mayhem attraction, Spongebob Squarepants or Dora & Diego, according to the release. Guests will then have access to a special viewing area later in the day to view the parade.

The second new program is the Cinematic Spectacular Experience, which includes dinner at Lombard’s Seafood Grille, located along the Universal Studios lagoon. Then, later that evening, guests can enjoy a dessert buffet in a a private viewing area where they can watch Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular. The show, a tribute to Universal’s 100 years of film-making history, highlights moments from Universal Pictures’ most iconic films – shown on huge waterfall screens within the Universal Studios lagoon, according to the release.

Universal’s Superstar Character Breakfast is available for $24.99 per adult and $10.99 per child; Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular Dining Experience is available for $44.99 per adult and $12.99 per child.

For more information about Universal Orlando Resort’s new dining program, click here, or call (407) 224-7554.

http://www.universalorlando.com/New-in-2012-An-Extraordinary-Year-To-Be-Here

Make it an evening to remember with exceptional cuisine and unforgettable movie moments with Universal's Cinematic Spectacular Dining Experience. First, enjoy a delicious meal at Lombard’s Seafood Grille. Choose from an array of entrees including fresh seafood, pasta, sandwiches and more. Afterwards, you’ll have access to an exclusive viewing area for the nighttime show, Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular – 100 Years of Movie Memories.

Times: Reservations starting at 4pm
Price: Adults $44.99, Children $12.99; tax and gratuity included
Menu: Click Here

RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED
After reserving and purchasing your dining experience online, you must call 407-224-7554 (EST 7:30am–10pm Mon-Sat; 7:30am–9pm Sun) up to 24 hours before arriving to confirm your table.

Start your day at Universal Studios with a delicious breakfast featuring some of the characters from Universal's Superstar Parade at Universal's Superstar Character Breakfast. Then, later in the day, party with your new friends as the parade takes to the streets with one-of-a-kind music, incredible floats and opportunities to interact with some of the characters.

Times: Times: 9:00am to 11:00am - Dates and Times subject to change
Characters From: Nickelodeon; the hit comedy Hop; Despicable Me
Price: Adults $24.99, Children $10.99; tax and gratuity included

RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED
After purchasing your character breakfast online, you must call 407-224-7554 (EST 7:30am–10pm Mon-Sat; 7:30am–9pm Sun) up to 24 hours before arriving to confirm your table.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Bryce » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:55 am

The Springfield plans have been leaked... Don't know how valid this is, but check it out! :b

Springfield Expansion

Project 971 is the transformation project currently underway within the World Expo at Universal Studios Florida. Rumors have run wild with everything from Moes Tavern to a ferris wheel. A ferris wheel huh... Anyways the project for many started out as something small. An easy addition to compliment the Mega E Ticket opening next Summer across the lagoon Transformers the Ride. Leaks across the internet though have started to grab everyones attention. The project has seemed to of grown but by just how much no one knows. Well tonight we hope to shed a little light on that.

The Springfield project isn't just a simple overlay to an existing area of Universal Studios. I'd like to refer to it as a total transformation. The theming will be on a Potter like level to give Universal's guests a true glimpse into the real world of Springfield. They are really pouring some money into this project. Universal learned a massive lesson from Potter and will continue that lesson learned here. Guest spending is where its at and this project is really aimed at increasing that through unique merchandise and food sales. Not to be outdone though they have also added a ride for the family on top of all the unique food and merch options you will encounter.

If your a fan of the Simpsons then this project is going to blow you away. It will offer so many iconic places, sights, smells, tastes, and experiences that will transform you into the world of Springfield. This uniquely themed land will be a huge hit for Universal Studios and offer its guests an amazing experience they will not soon forget. Enough of the blabbing HTF we want DETAILS!!!! Ok, no need to twist my arm!

Here are some of the things you will experience in Springfield at Universal Studios in Mid 2013!

The IFFF will transform into a themed dining experience complete with General Changs Taco Italiano, Krusty Burgers, Kentucky Fried Panda, and Moes Tavern. Moes Tavern will be walled off inside to give it an intimate experience. The IFFF will feature all of these facades. Moes will be straight out of the show all the way down to bar set up and pool table inside.

On the Waterfront will be the only new ride in this transformation. Kodos and Kang, a themed spinner with a themed outdoor queue. Next to that will be Duff Gardens a large outdoor bar with a massive themed structure where you will be able to get yourself a Duff beer on the Waterfront. Last but not least will be VIP seating along the waterfront for Cinespec.

Other eats include a Lard Lads donuts, food trucks, and stands

Unique theming elements will include Homer, Marges, and Apus cars parked outside the Kwik E Mart. Chief Wiggums police car crashed into a fire hydrant
with water effect. Krusty's Airstream Camper. Springfield Entrance coming from Kidszone and a Krustyland entrance coming from MIB.

Their will also be a host of unique photo ops for guest to use and for kids to meet characters.

And MUCH MORE!!

And a photo of the Gringott's coaster track! Just scroll down to the bottom of the page. What manufacturer could this be?

Gringott's Coaster Track
Last edited by Bryce on Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:21 pm.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby PennStater » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:11 am

Where exactly is this alleged Springfield expansion going to be located?
~ Lifetime Kennywood, Sandcastle, & Idlewild season pass holder! ~
Co-Owner of Kennywood Connection
Kennywood Rides team member since 2009 (August - December)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:31 am

Talk about taking on an insane amount of projects at once! Unfortunately, after hearing how bad the rest of IOA has gotten, does this mean that half of the park will be brand new, while the other half gets neglected?

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby DarkRideNick » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:37 am

As a HUGE Simpsons fan, this expansion is looking to be AMAZING!

I haven't been to USO & IOA since 2004, so hopefully I can go soon!
Nicky Palton
:lmao: Cedar Point's #1 Fan :lmao:

Random stuff and poop

Postby spinning man » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:49 am

Bryce wrote: And a photo of the Gringott's coaster track! Just scroll down to the bottom of the page. What manufacturer could this be?

Gringott's Coaster Track

I thought it was confirmed to be premier who were making this coaster. Also, the track is the same style as the mummy ride.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!