Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 269 - Epcot is getting a makeover!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby A.J. » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Yeah, I would guess that each seat would have an individual screen that shows their car and its scores.

I originally thought that six riders would design their car collaboratively (like CyberSpace Mountain and Sum of All Thrills) and then the car would adjust parameters to react to the ride elements accordingly (rougher/softer through the blocks, faster/slower in the speed section, etc), but it doesn't look like that's the case.

I'm still looking forward to it though. Hopefully I'll be able to go down to Orlando again this coming summer...
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:43 pm

Looks pretty good! Very smart of them to incorporate your car in the after-ride exhibit. I might actually stop in that area the next time I visit. I never did before because it was always too crowded for what it was.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Ahh, I get it now. That makes a lot more sense then what I was just originally thinking. I wonder if Disney has thought of a way they can make your designed car into a toy and sell it.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:17 pm

gisco wrote:My guess is that nothing will change on the ride itself. Everyone will be scored against the sim vehicle. You will design your vehicle and get your card. On the ride your score will be displayed along with everyone elses as you go along. Just my thought on how it could work.

That sounds right. I am very curious to check this out, as the old Test Track was my favorite attraction at Epcot.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:23 pm

I hope this will improve Test Track, as the old Test Track is my favorite ride at EPCOT.
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Rai Fox » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:39 pm

Mrlittle wrote:Ahh, I get it now. That makes a lot more sense then what I was just originally thinking. I wonder if Disney has thought of a way they can make your designed car into a toy and sell it.

I imagine they could do it with a decent high-end 3D printer setup.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby beatle11 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Smooth, real smooth.

http://nj1015.com/epcot-center-sneak/

Man Tries to Sneak Into Epcot Center by Impersonating Federal Agent

Seventy-four year old Emerito Pujol wanted to to explore Disney’s Epcot Center, but he didn’t want to pay the hefty $99.79 admission fee. So he devised what he surely thought was an innovative plan to get inside the theme park’s gates for free.

At the turnstile, the Miami man flashed a badge declaring he was an “honorary member” of the American Federation of Police. Then he told the ticket collector he was a police officer looking for somebody who may be in the park.

When the Epcot employee balked at his explanation, Pujol quickly changed it up. Now he was a federal agent “guarding somebody important.”

That didn’t work either and the real police were called in. Instead of trying to trick them with his fake badge, Pujol ‘fessed up and is now being charged with unlawful use of a police badge, falsely impersonating an officer, and petty theft.

Spaceship Earth and Future World are pretty cool, and may even be worth a C-note to check out. But at the price Pujol was willing to pay, we’d have to say Epcot’s probably not worth it.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:19 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/first-look-renderings-of-the-new-test-track-chevrolet-design-center-pre-show-released/

While the reimagined Test Track – Presented by Chevrolet is still a few weeks away from opening at Epcot, we have a sneak peek of the attraction’s new pre-show to share with you today.

Upon entering the attraction, you’ll be invited into the Chevrolet Design Center where you can design your own virtual custom concept vehicle at design kiosks. Here, you’ll be asked to make a few selections that really allow you to create a unique vehicle design that’s personalized to your taste.

First, you’re asked to draw an outline of your vehicle. If you don’t have the steadiest hand, don’t worry because you’ll have a chance to smooth out the shape before moving on. Next, you’ll be asked to make some choices that adjust the shape, length and width of your vehicle.

Then you’ll select your type of engine, choosing among several fun choices, including Solar Drive, EV Hybrid, and Plasma Burner, among others.

Next up, you’ll make choices on your design’s aesthetics. Here you choose the face of your car, the paint color and graphics, and even choose the wheel size and style.

And you’re design is complete and ready to be put to the test. From here, you’ll board a SimCar to see how your design compares, as they’re put to the test in the categories of Capability, Efficiency, Responsiveness and Power at different points along the attraction’s track.
rtt111210SMALL.jpg
rtt220129SMALL.jpg
rtt330129SMALL.jpg
rtt440139SMALL.jpg
rtt550199SMALL.jpg
rtt660129SMALL.jpg
rtt771218SMALL.jpg
rtt883137SMALL.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby Wes » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:24 pm

^ Interesting, guess that confirms the sim car vs your car thing.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Plasma burner? That sounds fun.

Now that I think about it, the Design Center game would be super cool if Disney put it online as well, and you could have your card ahead of time or something.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!