Photo TR: A Quick Trip to Brazil!

Pg. 7 - Xuxa Park Log Ride POV!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Re: Photo TR: A Quick Trip to Brazil!

Postby RoCo » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:51 pm

For the hundredth time, probably: this kind of outside-the-U.S. trip report is one of the main reasons I love TPR so much. Fascinating, fun, a little mini-vacation.

Any park that has more than one dark ride is aces already, so the tantalizing DC area aside, I'm much more interested in visiting that I ever was.

Again, great report, thanks!
"The Internet? Is that thing still around?"

I roomed with Tony and lived to tell about it!

Postby philthephorce » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:38 pm

I really enjoyed your report. :D Too bad the shuttle loop wasn't open.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:43 pm

TPDave wrote:
Brandy524 wrote:Great pictures, Joey! I have never had a churro but those look amazing!

I think we know what the next cooking update has to be Brandy!

And here's a recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/churros/.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Solid Gold » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:20 pm

I love Brazilians so much.

Everyone at WDW complains about brazilian tour groups...EVERYONE. I love them because they are so incredibly different from other guests. Crazy and chaotic, but also funny and laid back.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:25 pm

RFV94 wrote:
TPDave wrote:
Brandy524 wrote:Great pictures, Joey! I have never had a churro but those look amazing!

I think we know what the next cooking update has to be Brandy!

Nice TR Joey - it seems from your pictures like half the park was a lot older and more "rustic" (I think you know what I mean!) and then there were really bright and beautifully presented parts. Have I got the wrong impression from the photos or are there parts that are significantly newer/better maintained?

I'm curious... What areas of the park you guys think has a better maintenance (and are more beautiful) and what areas you guys think looks older?

I'm questioning this because some fans Hopi Hari have contact with some important departments of the park and we give suggestions to them so that the park can always improve their structure and theming.

Thanks for you feedback, they are very important to us (fans)! As I said before, it is so nice that we have Americans visiting our parks, specially Hopi Hari. You see, fans and guests here don't care so much about the park conditions, and I'm glad to have the opportunity to see some amazing opinions here.

Disclaimer: I totally understand that parks aren't just made of money and can't just make everything perfect. I really do think the park is going in the right directing, and the new areas look amazing. I'm sure the park has plans in the future to spruce up the older areas (that's what they did with kids area and the DC area already). It's a constant cycle of putting in new things and updating the old. I'm sure the park is totally aware of what areas need attention next.

TPDave -That's the part that reminds me a lot of Six Flags. The new areas are really nice and new, while the older areas seem forgotten. There is a big contrast between some areas. If you look at the pictures of Montezum (the woodie) it is in serious need of a paint job, and there is a ton of rust, but the queue has some nice areas, and the ride sign is really nice.

RFV94 - It was like a lot of parks in the world, the old areas are run down, while the new areas are nice. Really not that much more worse than other places around the world. The Wild West area could be nicer. Also, montezum really need to be painted and fixed up. There were a lot of little details that could be painted and taken care of like benches, railings, etc. However, if the park had a ton of money I'm sure it would have already been done. I think the work they've done on the Shuttle Loop more than makes up for any of the run down areas. ;)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby nerito » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:21 pm

Hey folks, I'm from Brazil, and i'm REALLY ashamed of that.
I hope you guys didn't get an wrong impression of our Brazilian Coaster Club, some of our members can't accept critics so well.
But it doesn't mean we all are stupid.
Personally, i thought that this Trip was awesome! Even in the bad momment/conditions that they're going through, you have still done some nice and constructive comments, and I agree with all those things you said.
Hopi Hari could be a really nice park, but it was in the wrong direction.
Now it looks like they finally hit the point.

Please, don't let some Hopi Hari enthusiasts fanboys take you of of our country...
We love your parks so much, and i'm sure that you guys will have a great time here in the future, if you want so.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:12 pm

It does appear that many Brazilians fanboys love their parks so much that no one is allowed to ever saye anything bad about the parks. How can a park (or any business) ever improve if no one ever criticizes the place. Joey Ray's assessment of the park was fair, he pointed out the good and the bad and as someone who ma visit Brazil in the future I appreciate his honesty.

The intelligent will understand that there are good and bad people in every club, whether it is in the US, Europe or Brazil. The intelligent also don't stereotype a whole nationality and know that all people are different.

My brother has visited Rio two times for Carnivale and loved it. I have only formed friendships with a few Brazilians (through work) and they were sane and rationale people. However, I have also encountered many Brazilians when they are visiting parks in Orlando and a lot of them are rude and loud. And unfortunately that is the impression that many Americans have of Brazilians. It's ok to be loud on vacation as long as you respect those around you. There is no need for people to be blowing whistles, unless you are at a futbol game. There is no need for rampant line cutting ever at a park.

Luckily, the Brazilians will have the opportunity to show the world their good side wth the upcoming World Cup and Olympics.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:14 pm

^Very well said.

We look forward to meeting more of our members from Brazil who understand that all parks have positives and negatives and it's okay to talk about it in a rational manor.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby anthoni_ » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:36 am

Hahahaha it's soooo odd to see someone getting impressed over things we are used to, like the milk, for example. Nice report, tho. Brazil has some pretty decent parks :D
Brazilian roller coaster fan. Com muito orgulho.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:04 pm

^The milk is very different for us, but is the same almost everywhere else internationally. Americans are just used to cold milk, not the ultra-pasteurized shelf milk.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive