Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:17 am

For all those who are worried about the Main Street Bakery becoming too "Starbucks like," could it possibly look any worse than, say this?

Note the somewhat obtrusive, non-period GAF logo.

Or this?

You can make a case that the Carnation logo fits in better than the GAF logo, at least.

If anything, I think Disney is doing a better job at this sort of "rebranding" now than they did in the past.
Last edited by cfc on Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:19 am.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:10 am

As long as they keep the made-to-order ice cream sandwiches, this change is fine by me.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:45 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/its-time-to-celebrate-the-magic-at-magic-kingdom-park/

Back in August, we told you about “Celebrate the Magic,” a new nighttime projection show coming to Magic Kingdom Park. Well, our Creative Entertainment team has been working around the clock to get everything ready, and now it’s almost show time!

“Celebrate the Magic” pays tribute to the artistry and imagination of Disney stories, from beloved classics to contemporary favorites.

As the show begins, Tinker Bell appears to fly around Cinderella Castle, weaving in and out of the turrets. She splashes pixie dust on the castle, transforming it into a spectacular piece of living art. As the pixie dust subsides, we are taken back to the beginnings of pencil animation, and we see Walt Disney, the original magic maker, drawing Mickey Mouse. With a little magic from Tinker Bell, Walt’s paintbrush flies off the page and comes to life, creating imagery that carries us away on a fantastic journey.

We travel down the rabbit hole with Alice, soar high above the Big Top with Dumbo and visit the African savanna with Simba. Our adventure takes us into the worlds of “Pirates of the Caribbean” and “Brave,” and at one point, Cinderella Castle is even reimagined as the 8-bit video game home of the Nicelanders in Disney’s newest smash, “Wreck-It Ralph.” The whole show comes full circle for a magical finale filled with wonder and emotion.

“’Celebrate the Magic’ draws its inspiration from the love we all share for Disney’s memorable characters, their stories and the imagination that brought them to life,” says Show Director Katy Harris. “The team has been able to combine advances in technology with spectacular imagery and a stirring musical score to create a stunning and immersive way of storytelling. ‘Celebrate the Magic’ takes us on a journey full of wonderful moments our guests will never forget.”

As a special treat, “Celebrate the Magic” debuts with a segment of the show created just for the holiday season, featuring the return of the gingerbread castle seen during our original projection show, “The Magic, The Memories and You!”

Fans of the seasonal updates to that show will also be pleased to learn the tradition will continue with “Celebrate the Magic.” Look for the arrival of favorite Disney couples in January, a trip to the beach with “Lilo & Stitch” and “The Little Mermaid” during the summer months, and an influx of Disney villains in time for next Halloween.

“Celebrate the Magic” will be presented most evenings at Magic Kingdom Park, beginning this week! Please check DisneyWorld.com or the in-park Times Guide for specific dates and times.
ctm893062.jpg
ctm890635LARGE.jpg
ctm091865LARGE.jpg
ctm486546LARGE.jpg
ctm845056LARGE.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:01 am

^"I'm gonna wreck it" is hilarious. Nice job capturing that old-school video game look.

ahecht wrote:As long as they keep the made-to-order ice cream sandwiches, this change is fine by me.

Agreed.
Last edited by cfc on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:02 am.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:10 am

“Celebrate the Magic” sounds like it will be a great show. All the firework shows seem to sort of blend together but this one sounds like there really going to push the castle art which is really cool to see.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby 99er » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:42 am

A lot of hard work paid off tonight with 'Celebrate the Magic' as the crowd seemed to really love the show. The new projectors are definitely welcomed as the images were much more clear and crisp than before. Overall I like this better than MM&Y, although there isn't Walt saying "waffle" at the end of this one so thats a bummer :p
-Chris

Remember, if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Did my donkey title just change???

HUGE UPDATE COMING TO TOMORROWLAND

Postby DarkRideNick » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:10 am

In addition to Starbucks and Celebrate The Magic, a huge attraction remodel will take place in 2014!

DUFFY'S GREAT ESCAPE
cdcfdfvfdf.jpg
8PJDVCA2Y4INPCA3F74VZCA3TFQ7UCAZ3ATQJCAVAS9HWCAZPIJ9PCA4OWH2RCAGOWB4MCARACN1YCACBCJO3CA440RGECANB13B3CAJO500FCAY1ARIICAEGRE3SCAB1154SCAHGK8WKCAGK4OALCATTS3BZ.jpg
for those few knuckleheads on here, this a joke :P
Last edited by DarkRideNick on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:15 am.
Nicky Palton
:lmao: Cedar Point's #1 Fan :lmao:

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:14 am

...just not a very good one.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby DarkRideNick » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:15 am

BeemerBoy wrote:

...just not a very good one.

I'm aware. :lmao:
Nicky Palton
:lmao: Cedar Point's #1 Fan :lmao:

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:46 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/what-exactly-is-this-gary-discovers-a-dragon-he-thinks/

If you’ve read the Disney Parks Blog in the past, you might have run across some of my posts, photos and videos that show some of my interests. I love Disney Parks (of course); I’m curious and enjoy new experiences. But here’s something you probably didn’t know: I love dragons. Always have. When other kids on my block liked dinosaurs, I liked dragons. And what’s not to like? Some can fly, some breathe fire, some protect castles and some attack them. Some are good, some are evil. But they are all magical. For me, Disney and dragons share that quality — they’re both chock-full of magic.

In this video, I take you into my home for a look at a discovery I recently made online. I found something that could be the greatest dragon I have ever seen. But I’m not sure. Maybe it’s an internet hoax, maybe it’s an albatross or condor. But maybe, just maybe, it’s a dragon.

I want to believe it’s a dragon. I will find out more, so stay tuned for updates.

And if you want to see exactly how much I love dragons, take a look at my dragon-centric Tumblr blog: disneydragons.tumblr.com. If you have your own dragon stories (or possible sightings!) to share on Twitter, use the hashtag #BelieveInFantasy. Because isn’t that what “magic” is all about — believing?

And here's a closer look at the video Gary shows of the purported dragon...

Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!