Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 269 - Epcot is getting a makeover!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby Andrewoplis » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:23 pm

This looks like a great revision so far!
Hm, I see...

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:46 pm

robbalvey wrote:
triggernel wrote:
Double0Kevin wrote:I'm bummed I'm missing Test Track by one week, but this gives me new reason to go back soon and ride it then.

I'd expect soft openings, especially because it is Test Track, a ride known to have a lot of downtime.

Does it really have that much downtime lately? I mean, I know when it first opened it had LOADS of issues...for years. But I want to say that on our regular visits to the park, it doesn't go down that often anymore. At least not that I've noticed...

Maybe he's confusing it with Mach Tower. ;)

It's hot outside, and I have a headache

Postby SLUSHIE » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:49 pm

Trevannosaurus Rex wrote:I wonder if they will get rid of the 3 room bottle neck. The press release talks about 3 different vehicles that guests can choose. It could be a different vehicle type for each room? You then get sent down a separate line and design your vehicle in one of the rooms?

Does anyone know what the budget is, are they adding a couple of new lights or are they shifting walls and queue line about as we'll?

Hopefully they keep the 'Hello! the seatbelt check is right round the corner!' Which I am sure has sent many a Cast Member mad.

Obviously nobody knows 100% how this will work yet, but I think the experiences of every car on the track will be the same, maybe even 100% exactly to how it is now.

What it seems like though is at some point before getting on the ride (or maybe even just after getting on) you design a vehicle, then it's likely that while on the ride everyone will have a personal screen where they can see how their car scores scores as they go your each of the tests (everyone in the car obviously having the same physical experience).

The most confusing part is how they will know who designed what car before, during and after the ride, as handing out little cards or RFID things to everyone would be a huge hassle.

Maybe it could utilize the new RFID ticket and Fastpass system, but I'm not sure how wide spread that is quite yet.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:48 pm

cfc wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
triggernel wrote:
Double0Kevin wrote:I'm bummed I'm missing Test Track by one week, but this gives me new reason to go back soon and ride it then.

I'd expect soft openings, especially because it is Test Track, a ride known to have a lot of downtime.

Does it really have that much downtime lately? I mean, I know when it first opened it had LOADS of issues...for years. But I want to say that on our regular visits to the park, it doesn't go down that often anymore. At least not that I've noticed...

Maybe he's confusing it with Mach Tower. ;)

Ironically enough, I missed Mach Tower by a week or 2 when I visited BGW last summer for the first time. I wasn't too bummed about that one though, I've been on many drop towers and while they are fun, it's hard to make it a unique experience (except something like ToT).

I was hoping for soft openings but the grand opening is a little over 3 weeks out and it seems like they are still working, not sure they would be ready for a soft open in 2 weeks when I get there. Fingers crossed though!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Chroniq » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:08 pm

Off topic, but I really like the concept artwork from "s. palk" (look for the signature) featured in the photos that Adam posted. .. It really has the old school, Disney, impressionist feel and beats the comic book style concept art we've seen in recent years.. Does anyone know anything about this artist?
Tram Credits: 13502 Find me here: Chris Con

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:06 am

I tried test track this time last year for the first time and loved it. For anyone that's been to a GM plant, a car really does go through the same series of tests as soon as it's driven off the line. The one element missing is the water test, which would be cool to add if the vehicle had a retractable roof or the entire experience turned into a water ride just before the acceleration test. ;)

Other than the queue and vehicles, it seems like the spirit of test track will still be there, which is a good thing.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:53 am

I think the actual ride experience won't change that much--but time will tell.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:03 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/starbucks-locations-at-magic-kingdom-park-epcot-set-to-open-next-year/

As we announced earlier this year, six Starbucks locations are planned at Disney Parks in Florida and California. In June, the first Starbucks location opened at Disney California Adventure park in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café and is already a guest favorite.

Today, we’re excited to share that the first two Walt Disney World Resort locations will open next year, one at Magic Kingdom Park and one at Epcot.

At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer. At Epcot, Fountain View will close in March 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in midsummer.

Both locations will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Magic Kingdom Park, for example, cast members will wear a costume consistent with the early 20th century look and feel of Main Street, U.S.A. At Future World in Epcot, the new Starbucks location and cast member costumes will be designed to match the park’s futuristic theme.

The Starbucks locations at Magic Kingdom Park and Epcot will both offer the full complement of Starbucks® signature beverages, artisan breakfast sandwiches and a wide selection of baked goods, including muffins, scones and specialty treats.

More Starbucks locations are coming to Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland park soon. We’ll be sure to keep you posted!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:05 am

I'm surprised it has taken this long to finally get this going! I know there are a lot of people that are dying for this!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:55 am

I hope they can improve the service---the one at DCA does such a high volume, my friend had to wait 30 minutes for her drink!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!