Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 269 - Epcot is getting a makeover!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I annoy the Title Fairy every other week!

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby Voxelmatic » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:07 am

^Close to the Chevrolet symbol on the scaffolding.
I'm probably TPR's biggest fan of Premier Rides.
I'm Batman.
I rode Skyrush before it was cool.
Check out my latest theme park adventure!

It's hot outside, and I have a headache

Postby SLUSHIE » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:42 pm

I don't care for the scaffolding either, but on a rainy day I'd much rather have it be there than not.

I really don't think it looks all that bad, but really it's not entirely different. They could have upped the lighting package a bit on the outside. A lighting effect that follows the cars along this portion of the track could look cool from the outside, since its actually pretty hard to see the car itself. And the giant T would look much cleaner without those logos all over it.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:32 pm

Don't mind it really... kind of indifferent to it. Although I actually DO kind of like the actual entrance area... this part....
testtrackssssssssss.jpg

And I actually like that they squeezed in the World of Motion logo! =)

Postby Wes » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Definitely an improvement. Still looks like a Coachella stage.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:36 pm

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2012/Nov/1109_testtrack.html

Chevrolet designers and Walt Disney Imagineers have joined forces to give Walt Disney World Resort guests a deep look inside a professional design studio creating a first-of-its-kind multi-sensory virtual experience in automotive design.

Chevrolet and Disney tapped their best design talent with expertise ranging from industrial and automotive design to architecture and animation. The design collaboration began 18 months ago with a few guiding principles – create an experience that is personal, future-focused and optimistic.

The two teams met regularly throughout the development process in both GM’s Design studios in Warren, Mich., and at Test Track in Epcot in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. The collaboration allowed for the greatest level of innovation yet ensured the values of both brands were accurately represented in the new attraction, while allowing both teams to learn from each other’s expertise.

“At Chevrolet, the diversity of talent on our team allows us to consistently produce sophisticated, refined and detailed design – but we don’t typically design through the eyes of a 12-year-old,” said Jeff Mylenek, GM Design manager, Global Exhibit and Merchandising Design. “Working with Walt Disney Imagineering, we were inspired to see our brand story from a more youthful perspective and really opened the parameters on how to approach this design challenge.”

The result is a unique experience that gives an authentic, inside-the-studio look at the actual automotive design process, while empowering guests themselves to create their own designs, possibly inspiring the next generation of automotive designers.

“The re-imagined Test Track portrays an optimistic view of the future, and reflects the deep collaboration between Disney and Chevrolet on both the design and the overall experience,” said Eric Jacobson, senior vice president, Walt Disney Imagineering. “It’s a thrilling attraction supported by rich exhibit displays and interactive elements that bring guests directly into the design process – with a few surprises thrown in.”

The teams used multiple mediums throughout the re-imagined attraction for storytelling, including:

• Visual cues inspired by Chevrolet’s expressive vehicle design language throughout the architectural elements in the space as well as in the interactive displays; speed forms and concept vehicle displays, like EN-V and Miray, provide a glimpse into the future of Chevrolet design.
  • Advanced computer technology – similar to that used by Chevrolet designers every day – powers the guest design experience, while radio frequency technology allows them to take their unique vehicle design with them through the entire ride.
  • A thrill-ride that provides the test experience where each guest’s vehicle design is evaluated.
  • Social media sharing extends the experience beyond the day at the park.
  • Test Track Presented by Chevrolet offers Disney guests a three-part experience:
  • First, guests will have the opportunity to design their own vehicle – car, truck or crossover – with some helpful hints from the Chevrolet designers built into the process. “Designing a successful vehicle requires some careful thought about how to balance capability, efficiency, responsiveness and power – some of the key elements that Chevrolet designers must consider with every new vehicle they imagine,” said Mylenek.
  • Next, they will have the chance to test drive their vehicle design, through the ride, on track surfaces that simulate the actual vehicle validation process that Chevrolet engineers use to ensure every new vehicle meets the highest performance standards. Each guest’s vehicle design will be evaluated and scored based on how well their design balanced the core attributes.
  • Finally, guests have the opportunity to race their vehicle over changing terrain and extreme conditions on a digital driving table, produce and share a TV commercial starring their custom vehicle and pose for action shots in front of their design.
The re-imagined Test Track Presented by Chevrolet will open on Dec. 6, 2012. For more information, please visit: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/epcot/attractions/test-track/
Ride.jpg
Driving Tables.jpg
Collaboration.jpg
Theme 4.jpg
Theme 3.jpg
Theme 1.jpg
Show Room Show Off.jpg
Show Room Show Off
Preshow 1.jpg
Photo Opp.jpg
Driving Table.jpg
Showroom.jpg
Ride Car.jpg
Preshow 2.jpg
Design Stations.jpg
Theme 2.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:41 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I annoy the Title Fairy every other week!

Postby Voxelmatic » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:38 pm

That looks fantastic! I didn't like the idea of it at first, but this looks fantastic!
I'm probably TPR's biggest fan of Premier Rides.
I'm Batman.
I rode Skyrush before it was cool.
Check out my latest theme park adventure!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:52 pm

The Disney dork in me wants to think that they're showing Shanghai to infer that the ride may go to that park as well! ;)

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby thestripedtaco » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:01 pm

Well now I am really excited to be going to Disney World next year. This looks absolutely stellar.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby GrapesLie » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:13 pm

SEXY sexiness! :lover:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:19 pm

The re-imagined Test Track Presented by Chevrolet will open on Dec. 6, 2012.

Woo hoo! I'll be able to check this out in January!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!