Photo TR: A Quick Trip to Brazil!

jray21

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice report, just wondering, are you and your friend about the same weight? Me and my dad are close and Comet Express (same model) didn't spin much, but when my dad was alone, it spun like crazy!

Funnily enough, i had the same experience when i went on comet express with one of my young students and he weighs barely anything compared to me, riding with him I had very little spin but alone it spun more than most spinning coasters i have been on.

I did feel there wasn't enough security to control the teenagers. At least not enough visible security. They could have had plenty, but they should have been more visible. There wasn't anything extremely terrible, but there were a few kids I saw who were not even close to legal age openly smoking and drinking walking around the park and being obnoxious. I do want to visit Beto Carrero World. I've heard some good things about that park, and it would be nice to compare it to Hopi Hari.

Yes! It is worthwhile to visit the Beto Carrero World, but only after counsel in the areas of DreamWorks and The Chiller be ready, not to be so ill-luck in picking up half the park closed, as happened to you in Hopi Hari. Both parks are great! I'ma huge fan of Beto Carrero World and I assure you, it will be worth the visit!

Just had to delete some more posts from the insane Brazilian coaster enthusiasts who, for whatever reason, are taking issue with Joey's report, which I actually thought was really well done! (Thanks again, Joey!)

Let me put a stop to this RIGHT NOW -

The next person who posts anything insane (and if you've been following this thread, you'll know what I mean) will be instantly banned from this site and their IP blocked from the server.

Not going to put up with these Brazilian enthusiasts who are trolling TPR because they disagree with what Joey said. If you want to act stupid, do it in your own country on your own websites. No longer will we tolerate it.

Hope that's clear....

I would absolutely love it if they brought these to the US. The toppings and fillings were really good! Maybe Disney Sea will get the and then I will have no choice but go on the TPR trip next year. Forget finding a job!

Great pictures, Joey! I have never had a churro but those look amazing!

I think we know what the next cooking update has to be Brandy!

Nice TR Joey - it seems from your pictures like half the park was a lot older and more "rustic" (I think you know what I mean!) and then there were really bright and beautifully presented parts. Have I got the wrong impression from the photos or are there parts that are significantly newer/better maintained?

Nice TR Joey - it seems from your pictures like half the park was a lot older and more "rustic" (I think you know what I mean!) and then there were really bright and beautifully presented parts. Have I got the wrong impression from the photos or are there parts that are significantly newer/better maintained?

I'm curious... What areas of the park you guys think has a better maintenance (and are more beautiful) and what areas you guys think looks older?

I'm questioning this because some fans Hopi Hari have contact with some important departments of the park and we give suggestions to them so that the park can always improve their structure and theming.

Thanks for you feedback, they are very important to us (fans)! As I said before, it is so nice that we have Americans visiting our parks, specially Hopi Hari. You see, fans and guests here don't care so much about the park conditions, and I'm glad to have the opportunity to see some amazing opinions here.

For the hundredth time, probably: this kind of outside-the-U.S. trip report is one of the main reasons I love TPR so much. Fascinating, fun, a little mini-vacation.

Any park that has more than one dark ride is aces already, so the tantalizing DC area aside, I'm much more interested in visiting that I ever was.

Again, great report, thanks!

I'm curious... What areas of the park you guys think has a better maintenance (and are more beautiful) and what areas you guys think looks older?

I'm questioning this because some fans Hopi Hari have contact with some important departments of the park and we give suggestions to them so that the park can always improve their structure and theming.

Thanks for you feedback, they are very important to us (fans)! As I said before, it is so nice that we have Americans visiting our parks, specially Hopi Hari. You see, fans and guests here don't care so much about the park conditions, and I'm glad to have the opportunity to see some amazing opinions here.

Disclaimer: I totally understand that parks aren't just made of money and can't just make everything perfect. I really do think the park is going in the right directing, and the new areas look amazing. I'm sure the park has plans in the future to spruce up the older areas (that's what they did with kids area and the DC area already). It's a constant cycle of putting in new things and updating the old. I'm sure the park is totally aware of what areas need attention next.

TPDave -That's the part that reminds me a lot of Six Flags. The new areas are really nice and new, while the older areas seem forgotten. There is a big contrast between some areas. If you look at the pictures of Montezum (the woodie) it is in serious need of a paint job, and there is a ton of rust, but the queue has some nice areas, and the ride sign is really nice.

RFV94 - It was like a lot of parks in the world, the old areas are run down, while the new areas are nice. Really not that much more worse than other places around the world. The Wild West area could be nicer. Also, montezum really need to be painted and fixed up. There were a lot of little details that could be painted and taken care of like benches, railings, etc. However, if the park had a ton of money I'm sure it would have already been done. I think the work they've done on the Shuttle Loop more than makes up for any of the run down areas.

Hey folks, I'm from Brazil, and i'm REALLY ashamed of that.

I hope you guys didn't get an wrong impression of our Brazilian Coaster Club, some of our members can't accept critics so well.

But it doesn't mean we all are stupid.

Personally, i thought that this Trip was awesome! Even in the bad momment/conditions that they're going through, you have still done some nice and constructive comments, and I agree with all those things you said.

Hopi Hari could be a really nice park, but it was in the wrong direction.

Now it looks like they finally hit the point.

Please, don't let some Hopi Hari enthusiasts fanboys take you of of our country...

We love your parks so much, and i'm sure that you guys will have a great time here in the future, if you want so.

It does appear that many Brazilians fanboys love their parks so much that no one is allowed to ever saye anything bad about the parks. How can a park (or any business) ever improve if no one ever criticizes the place. Joey Ray's assessment of the park was fair, he pointed out the good and the bad and as someone who ma visit Brazil in the future I appreciate his honesty.

The intelligent will understand that there are good and bad people in every club, whether it is in the US, Europe or Brazil. The intelligent also don't stereotype a whole nationality and know that all people are different.

My brother has visited Rio two times for Carnivale and loved it. I have only formed friendships with a few Brazilians (through work) and they were sane and rationale people. However, I have also encountered many Brazilians when they are visiting parks in Orlando and a lot of them are rude and loud. And unfortunately that is the impression that many Americans have of Brazilians. It's ok to be loud on vacation as long as you respect those around you. There is no need for people to be blowing whistles, unless you are at a futbol game. There is no need for rampant line cutting ever at a park.

Luckily, the Brazilians will have the opportunity to show the world their good side wth the upcoming World Cup and Olympics.