Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

P. 74: THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD opens on March 27th, 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

Postby cckoman » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:20 pm

Oh darn, I guess I will have to take a trip to Legoland ;-) This sounds so awesome. It is amazing what people can do with Legos!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:22 pm

Interesting that he would directly address "rumors" about Pirate Shores at a press event. Sounds like an indirect confirmation to me.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:42 am

Today, LEGOLAND® Florida announced that the new LEGO® Star WarsTM Miniland Model Display will officially open to guests on Friday, November 9.

The new LEGO® Star WarsTM Miniland will include a scene from each of the six live-action Star WarsTM movies, as well as a scene from the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars™ all created from more than 1.5 million LEGO bricks and built in 1:20 scale. Some of the 2,000 LEGO® models will be more than 6-feet-tall. Interactive buttons will allow children to activate animations throughout the scenes.

To purchase tickets, visit www.legoland.com.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I annoy the Title Fairy every other week!

Postby Voxelmatic » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:46 am

That sounds pretty cool! The list of things I have to do in Florida just keeps getting bigger and bigger...
I'm probably TPR's biggest fan of Premier Rides.
I'm Batman.
I rode Skyrush before it was cool.
Check out my latest theme park adventure!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:55 pm

Legoland Florida has sent us a press release along with photos and videos regarding the arrival of several major models that will soon take up residence in the Lego Star Wars Miniland, set to open on November 9th, 2012.

Construction is underway on the newest expansion at LEGOLAND® Florida. Massive LEGO® Star WarsTM models such as the Lambda Shuttle, an iconic spacecraft found in Episode VI Return of the Jedi, have arrived at LEGOLAND Florida and model builders are busy making final adjustments and constructing the animations that are being installed in Miniland USA’s new cluster, LEGO® Star WarsTM Miniland Model Display.

“With over 1.5 million LEGO bricks to be constructed, this project required the assistance of our counterparts across the world. The LEGO Star Wars Miniland models were built in model shops in Germany and California. We have now received all 2,000 models that will make up the new Miniland USA cluster and have begun installation,” said Sam Dalessandro, Model Shop Supervisor at LEGOLAND Florida.

The new LEGO Star Wars Miniland display area will include a scene from each of the six live-action Star Wars movies, as well as a scene from the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars™ all created from more than 1.5 million LEGO bricks and built in 1:20 scale. Following a chronological path through the Star Wars timeline, guests will retrace the major events of the beloved Saga. Some of the 2,000 LEGO® models will be more than 6-feet-tall. Interactive buttons will allow children to activate animations throughout the scenes.

In addition to the amazing LEGO models found in the park, Central Florida’s newest theme park provides a full two day experience for families with children ages 2 to 12. The latest expansion of the LEGO Star Wars Miniland display area is scheduled to open November 9.

The new LEGO Star Wars Miniland display area will be included with park admission. The best way to experience LEGOLAND Florida for the best value is with the new LEGOLAND Florida Resident Pass. Pass members receive unlimited admission for 12 months to LEGOLAND Florida and the LEGOLAND Water Park, as well as all other Merlin US attractions (LEGOLAND California & Water Park, LEGOLAND Discovery Centers, Sea Life Centers and Madame Tussauds), free parking and 10% off Food and Merchandise with no black-out dates. A new monthly payment option of less than $10 per month is also available both at the front gate and online. The Monthly Payment Plan includes a down payment of $57.24 for an adult with monthly payment of $9.26 and $46.44 for child/senior with monthly payment of $7.51 (pre-tax). To purchase tickets, visit http://www.legoland.com.

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

10.02.2012_LEGOLANDSTARWARSUNLOAD_010.jpg
10.02.2012_LEGOLANDSTARWARSUNLOAD_001.jpg
10.02.2012_LEGOLANDSTARWARSUNLOAD_005.JPG
10.02.2012_LEGOLANDSTARWARSUNLOAD_006.jpg
10.02.2012_LEGOLANDSTARWARSUNLOAD_009.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:14 pm

OK, Adam--how much time did you spend scouring every pixel of those photos looking for Wampas?

Postby Wes » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:25 pm

This is so rad I don't care how nerdy it is!!!!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:26 pm

I agree, totally nerdy, but totally awesome. Can't wait to see it. Adam is still wiping away his tears of joy. By the way Adam, did you ever get your carbon thing? I don't remember seeing it.

Delicious & Refreshing

Legoland Florida Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:02 am

Today Robb and Elissa had the chance to attend a unique grand opening event for the new Star Wars Miniland Expansion at Legoland Florida. This new expansion located in the already fantastic Miniland section of the park features seven unique areas, each themed to one of the six films along with one section dedicated to the Clone Wars show. In attendance at today's event were a number of Darth Vaders, making for some unique photo opportunities as you'll see below... Let's take a look!
IMG_2363.JPG
Welcome back to the beautiful Legoland Florida!
IMG_2364.JPG
Park General Manager Adrian Jones led the ceremony once again, welcoming the media to this exciting new expansion for the park.
IMG_2365.JPG
They used a lightsaber to cut the ribbon! How awesome is that?

If you haven't realized this by now, I'm a huge Star Wars geek and truly wish I was there at this event...
IMG_2366.JPG
LEGO Ewoks!
IMG_2367.JPG
I really can't wait to check this out myself!
IMG_2368.JPG
The Clone Wars section is huge and has interactive elements built into the displays!
IMG_2369.JPG
Well that's something you don't see everyday!
IMG_2371.JPG
Here we see both Tatooine and Hoth represented in Lego form. If you remember from our interview with Adrian Jones at the Lego Star Wars Miniland announcement, the Millenium Falcon was his favorite part of the project.
IMG_2373.JPG
Remember Geonosis from Episode II: Attack of the Clones?
IMG_2374.JPG
How about Naboo from Episode 1: A Phantom Menace?
IMG_2375.JPG
The iconic coliseum scene from Attack of the Clones.
IMG_2376.JPG
It is just like my Bar Mitzvah!
IMG_2370.JPG
Elissa, you have no idea how jealous I am right now!
IMG_2372.JPG
My jealousy is seriously growing by the second!
IMG_2377.JPG
Back to the Endor moon from Episode VI: Return of the Jedi!
IMG_2379.JPG
And that awesome Darth Maul model we saw from the announcement has found his home in Lego Star Wars Miniland!
IMG_2378.JPG
And what better note to close on than with the Wampa.

Seriously folks, if you are Star Wars fans you have one extra reason to get out to Legoland Florida!

Special thanks to Legoland Florida for hosting Theme Park Review at today's event!
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:09 am.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:16 pm

It is just like my Bar Mitzvah!

Why do I get the feeling your Bar Mitzvah had more Star Wars than girls? :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!