TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

A campground at Lake Compounce would be amazing! As previously stated, the only campground in the area I've found is this creepy place on this back road with no signs around it. All over the place are bible verses on sign poles, and they have a giant wooden cross. Which functions as a swing, except, all of the swing seats? They drag on the ground. The whole place just makes no sense. I haven't been since 2009, so I don't know if the place is still like that.

1905198486_cttripaug109018.thumb.jpg.1a4e2b2eb077bd8190be6fcb5263e572.jpg

1922210254_cttripaug109019.thumb.jpg.f87a698a90182e0baf56ca1cc2ed5c5d.jpg

317544576_cttripaug109024.thumb.jpg.5e7c32d08c2409562e979104278587d6.jpg

^LOL!

How did I miss the swingset? That is so full of very, very bad captions that I think I will not even comment for fear of offending others or being banned.

And I also won't share the pictures I have of me in the 'Jesus Saves' church after the owners came and beat on our tent at 7:30 in the morning looking for their campsite fee - we tried to pay numerous times yet there was never anyone at the office.

This campground definitely takes the #1 award for "most ghetto campground" and I have stayed at a LOT of bad campgrounds in my life!

Bring on the Lake Compounce campground!

• 2 weeks later...

Lake Compounce has sent us a press release regarding their new holiday event taking place at the park starting at the end of this month!

Lake Compounce is proud to announce their first annual “Lake Compounce Holiday Lights”, a brand new family event taking place on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings beginning on November 30th. The park gates will open at 5:00 P.M. on Fridays, and at 4:00 P.M. on Saturdays and Sundays. The event goes until 9:00 P.M., and will run November 30, December 1 - 2, 7-9, 14-16, 21-23.

'Holiday Lights' will provide full family entertainment for all ages, and include festive activities such as a spectacular light show every half hour at the main gate, which will feature tens of thousands of dancing lights set to holiday music. Kiddeland rides and family themed rides will be in operation. The Train will be transformed into the North Pole Railway, operated by a very special, uniformed train conductor with a magical holiday story to tell.

There will be indoor activities such as cookie decorating and gingerbread house making. Children will be given the opportunity to customize their very own letter to Santa, and will then receive a personalized letter sent directly to them, from Santa, just a few days later. On the Kiddeland stage children can enjoy Story Time with Mrs. Clause. There will be carolers strolling throughout the park, an ice carver creating unique, frozen sculptures, and lots more festive entertainment. The childhood favorite; photos with Santa is not to be missed in the Starlight Theatre. The park's gift shops will also be loaded with holiday themed merchandise for sale, so guests can get their holiday shopping done, too.

"This is the first time ever that Lake Compounce will be open at Holiday time, and guests will get to see not only the park in winter time, but they will see it transformed into a winter wonderland with hundreds of thousands of lights, and exciting holiday entertainment and activities throughout", says Jerry Brick, General Manager. "We would like to make this event a family tradition for years to come."

"Holiday Lights is a very unique event to this area. Combining amusement park rides with Holiday celebrations is not something you typically see in Connecticut" says Randy Fiveash, Director of Toursim. "The folks at Lake Compounce have been preparing for this for months, and have put together a truly magical family experience that no one should miss."

Admission is $14.99 plus tax per adult, $10.99 plus tax for children 4 thru 10, and free for children 3 and under. Season pass holders may enter for free with their 2012 or 2013 pass. Tickets may be purchased online now, or at the park gate once the event begins. Nominal fees will be charged for select activities. Season Passes are being offered at the park at a special sale price of $69.99 plus tax. They can be purchased as holiday gifts and will include special holiday wrapping.

1025068333_KENNY_Carosel2011-11-2918_58_41.jpg.thumb.jpg.c92709b68633de2122a289b497554276.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

http://www.lakecompounce.com/site/attractions.html

2013_LAKE-Bayou-Bay-webbanner.jpg.da667fe6a912b305353909a2916bb8be.jpg

Brand new Bayou Bay laps the shores with hundreds of thousands of gallons of irresistible water. Come splash in the surf. Jump in and bob on the waves. Or find a spot to simply lay out and chill for awhile. It’s got all the ingredients for a gumbo of fun. Look for the Cajun cabin and the 7-foot-tall statue of Kyle the Crocodile. C’mon! Let the bon temps roll!

What's a troll? I'm 14 and this was old news.

One of the great aspects of Theme Park Review is the contributions of our users. If you have some news to share then please share it. If you are just going to troll the boards and nitpick the site solely making ciriticisms you will not be posting for long. You will be banned and hence you will become old news.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Wildcat is much smoother on the parts that got re-done. After the 2nd drop it is just as rough as before. It is nice having a smooth start though. My favorite seat on BD is the front or any of the 6 cars in the front. Don't sit in the back of any car besides the last row, those rows tend to be a little rough.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got to LC for the first time this season yesterday. Wildcat is SO much better, all the worst parts are smoothed out, it's really a fantastic little coaster now, and it'll be even better next year after they finish the work. Boulder Dash was running amazingly well; SO fast, still my favorite wooden coaster by far. Zoomerang was listed as down for the day on the sign by the gate, but opened by mid-afternoon. Still rough, of course, but better than most Boomerangs. Everything else except for the Trolley was up and running all day. Very light crowds, even the water park had nearly no lines despite the beautiful weather; I wish I'd brought my bathing suit! Food was good, staff seemed to be putting in a really good effort to keep things moving and have a little fun. Probably one of the best days I've had at LC in years.

• 1 month later...

I might be heading to Lake Compounce in a few weeks. I can either go on a Friday evening, all day on a Saturday, or a Sunday afternoon. I'm leaning towards the Saturday since I would get a full day at the park plus I would be able to ride Boulder Dash at night at long last since it is open until 10 on Saturdays. How are crowds at Lake Compounce on Saturdays?