Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Re: Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Postby megamatt » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:36 pm

A campground at Lake Compounce would be amazing! As previously stated, the only campground in the area I've found is this creepy place on this back road with no signs around it. All over the place are bible verses on sign poles, and they have a giant wooden cross. Which functions as a swing, except, all of the swing seats? They drag on the ground. The whole place just makes no sense. I haven't been since 2009, so I don't know if the place is still like that.
cttripaug109 018.jpg
cttripaug109 019.jpg
cttripaug109 024.jpg

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:46 pm

^LOL!

How did I miss the swingset? That is so full of very, very bad captions that I think I will not even comment for fear of offending others or being banned. :lol:

And I also won't share the pictures I have of me in the 'Jesus Saves' church after the owners came and beat on our tent at 7:30 in the morning looking for their campsite fee - we tried to pay numerous times yet there was never anyone at the office.

This campground definitely takes the #1 award for "most ghetto campground" and I have stayed at a LOT of bad campgrounds in my life!

Bring on the Lake Compounce campground!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:11 pm

Lake Compounce has sent us a press release regarding their new holiday event taking place at the park starting at the end of this month!

Lake Compounce is proud to announce their first annual “Lake Compounce Holiday Lights”, a brand new family event taking place on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings beginning on November 30th. The park gates will open at 5:00 P.M. on Fridays, and at 4:00 P.M. on Saturdays and Sundays. The event goes until 9:00 P.M., and will run November 30, December 1 - 2, 7-9, 14-16, 21-23.

'Holiday Lights' will provide full family entertainment for all ages, and include festive activities such as a spectacular light show every half hour at the main gate, which will feature tens of thousands of dancing lights set to holiday music. Kiddeland rides and family themed rides will be in operation. The Train will be transformed into the North Pole Railway, operated by a very special, uniformed train conductor with a magical holiday story to tell.

There will be indoor activities such as cookie decorating and gingerbread house making. Children will be given the opportunity to customize their very own letter to Santa, and will then receive a personalized letter sent directly to them, from Santa, just a few days later. On the Kiddeland stage children can enjoy Story Time with Mrs. Clause. There will be carolers strolling throughout the park, an ice carver creating unique, frozen sculptures, and lots more festive entertainment. The childhood favorite; photos with Santa is not to be missed in the Starlight Theatre. The park's gift shops will also be loaded with holiday themed merchandise for sale, so guests can get their holiday shopping done, too.

"This is the first time ever that Lake Compounce will be open at Holiday time, and guests will get to see not only the park in winter time, but they will see it transformed into a winter wonderland with hundreds of thousands of lights, and exciting holiday entertainment and activities throughout", says Jerry Brick, General Manager. "We would like to make this event a family tradition for years to come."

"Holiday Lights is a very unique event to this area. Combining amusement park rides with Holiday celebrations is not something you typically see in Connecticut" says Randy Fiveash, Director of Toursim. "The folks at Lake Compounce have been preparing for this for months, and have put together a truly magical family experience that no one should miss."

Admission is $14.99 plus tax per adult, $10.99 plus tax for children 4 thru 10, and free for children 3 and under. Season pass holders may enter for free with their 2012 or 2013 pass. Tickets may be purchased online now, or at the park gate once the event begins. Nominal fees will be charged for select activities. Season Passes are being offered at the park at a special sale price of $69.99 plus tax. They can be purchased as holiday gifts and will include special holiday wrapping.
KENNY_Carosel 2011-11-29 18.58.41.jpg.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:12 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Rai Fox » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:10 am

Reaaaally looking forward to this...I think it might just put some of the magic back in Christmas for me, after decades of retail and advertising nonsense bludgeoning it to death. ^^

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Myself » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:16 am

If Kennywood's event is anything to go by, those of you in New England are in for a treat. :)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby backrow » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:42 am

Work has begun on Wildcat and here's a pic posted on the parks FB page!

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby vertigomike » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:59 am

^Two words: Thank God!
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/3daeb7ce4d5157dc4ad7d17c8391e12f.jpg[/img][/url]

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby screaminkid2005 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:37 pm

Its weird to think that work has only just begun on Wildcat now considering the fact that it has been closed since September. I'm glad to see them giving this coaster some much needed TLC! :)

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Angle O. Descent » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:55 pm

What week does Lake Compounce typically open in the spring?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Moose » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:04 am

Their 2013 schedule is already up on their website. They open on May 11th, with daily operation starting June 12th.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!