TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/09/nighttime-spectaculars-new-celebrate-the-magic-images-expanded-seating-for-fantasmic/

Also, one of my favorite nighttime spectaculars at Disney Parks will be growing. We’re installing an additional 1,000 seats in the Hollywood Hills Ampitheatre for the popular Fantasmic! shows. Fantasmic! is performed nightly and you can view our online calendar for specific dates and times.

If they decided to expand on the Pixar, I have a few thoughts. First Finding Nemo 2 has recently been rumored (not sure if its confirmed) but a great Finding Nemo roller coaster would be cool. Also Monster Inc. University is coming soon. I'm sure there is a ride to be made from that. Both of those rides can go into the Backlot Tour area cause that needs to go. Correct me if i am wrong but doesn't that area of the park even close after 6pm as well. At least they closed it early last time i was there. Just seems like a waste. I kind of think EPCOT needs the next big expansion but a Pixar expansion to the Studios would be nice.

^I would think that EPCOT can see a new country at the same time as DHS can see a renovation/new land once New Fantasyland is done and the hype has died down a bit (or Potter v2 has taken over). And Finding Nemo 2 was confirmed a few weeks ago, I believe, so there's certainly a second generation of the early-2000s Pixar movies coming around that could find its way into the parks.

^ Finding Nemo 2 has been discussed and they have said it will happen, but I don't think there has been any official announcement as of yet. Last I heard, Disney was in talks with Ellen to have her return. All the other news I've read about it was basically shot down by Andrew Stanton on twitter.

And the more I've thought about it, the more I think Cars Land replacing Backlot tour could be more in the realm of possibility. And it would give them an excuse to update the Lights, Motors, Action! Show and give it a Cars overlay (probably based on the spy theme of Cars 2) to fit in with the new area.

^They do already bring out Lightning during the show, so that probably isn't too farfetched. Even if Cars Land itself didn't come to DHS, a Pixar overlay of the backlot could stretch to the show arena and a rework could always happen. But who knows!

Finding Nemo 2 is supposedly expected to be released in 2016, with Ellen currently in talks to reprise her role. She's always been vocal about wanting to do another, though, so I highly doubt there will be any holdups on her part. Hopefully everything will work out!

^^Andrew Stanton recently acknowledged that he's working on the Nemo sequel now.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-john-carter-director-20120908,0,4090564,full.story

As for Nemo in Disney's Hollywood Studios, I wouldn't expect anything to make it to that park except for a possible meet & greet to rotate into The Magic of Disney Animation (where characters from Wreck-It Ralph are rumored to begin meeting guests soon).

I'm thinking no, but Google is turning up some spotty info off the PassPorter Boards about one in The Living Seas back when the film came out. Don't quote me on that accuracy.

I think it'd be cool if they had Meet and Greets in DAK with the puppets from the FN show. Give guests a chance to see them up close. But alas, that would ruin the magic.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/09/wreck-it-ralph-characters-are-coming-to-disney-parks-this-november/

I’m excited to tell you Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope Von Schweetz, two of the main characters from Disney’s newest animated adventure comedy “Wreck-It Ralph,” will soon be making their debut at Disney Parks.

My family and I can’t wait to see “Wreck-It Ralph.” In the movie, video game “bad guy” Ralph is tired of being overshadowed by Fix-It Felix, the “good guy” star of their game who always gets to save the day. Ralph takes matters into his own massive hands and sets off on an adventure across the arcade, with potentially disastrous results! Along the way, he runs into feisty misfit Vanellope VonSchweetz from the candy-coated cart racing game, “Sugar Rush,” and the unlikely duo must team up to try and save the day.

“Wreck-It Ralph” is going to be great, and meeting Ralph and Vanellope in the parks will be just as fun. At The Magic of Disney Animation attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you’ll step through Game Central Station, catching glimpses of the various game worlds from the film on your way to “Sugar Rush,” where Vanellope and Ralph are waiting to meet you at the finish line.

At Disneyland park, the arcade world of “Wreck-It Ralph” comes to life within the Tomorrowland Starcade. When Ralph and Vanellope are there, you’ll have an opportunity to meet them at the portal to “Sugar Rush” and can even play a round on the classic arcade game “Fix-It Felix, Jr.”

Look for each of these experiences to open this November, and be sure to catch “Wreck-It Ralph” in theaters November 2 in 3D!

rap231338LARGE.jpg.4e0d6d9064ab7250ab70751fa6b08637.jpg

cen234320LARGE.jpg.af29ecf78db8a8ee20cefab49fd24964.jpg

sta234877LARGE.jpg.328927ffce3d2940b5c6f29be665b427.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

• 1 month later...

Does anybody know when the Legend of Jack Sparrow walk through is supposed to open? They had originally said Summer, and then Fall. Which speaking of Fall is coming quickly to a close. So has there been any word on this opening soon?

Not that I'm terribly excited for this, I would just like to be able to see it first hand when I'm in town for IAAPA next week. But i'm guessing at this point that won't be happening.

Does anybody know when the Legend of Jack Sparrow walk through is supposed to open? They had originally said Summer, and then Fall. Which speaking of Fall is coming quickly to a close. So has there been any word on this opening soon?

Not that I'm terribly excited for this, I would just like to be able to see it first hand when I'm in town for IAAPA next week. But i'm guessing at this point that won't be happening.

Last I heard was October 31 which didn't happen. Still over a month left in Fall so maybe soon.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/first-look-pirates-of-the-caribbean-the-legend-of-captain-jack-sparrow-opens-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Ahoy pirates fans! We have an update to share with you today on Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow, an attraction that’s coming soon to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering just shared these first renderings of what you can expect at this new walk-through attraction when it officially opens on December 6. In it, guests will journey deep into an eerie lost grotto, where a mysterious pirate skull puts them to the test to see if they have what it takes to set sail with the legendary Captain Jack Sparrow. Along the way, they must face all the perils of a pirate’s life as their favorite moments from the films come to life before their eyes.

Dress rehearsals and previews begin in late November before the grand opening on December 6. So, what do you think? Tell us in the “Comments” section below, and stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more updates on this new attraction.

lcj098125LARGE.jpg.531bcd0386e7d97ff6c0335338be87a5.jpg

lcj869233LARGE.jpg.22206817c92d477f0fbb72fdcbadb985.jpg

I'm interested in checking this out, though I'm not expecting too much out of it. Anyone else get their mind a little blown when you think about the fact that this is a theme park attraction based on a film based on a theme park attraction? It's like sitting on the edge of the universe and looking across at the next one... ok not really.