TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

ChrisHanKwansivus Gift Exchange 2012!

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be happy to participate this year.

I just picked up multiple copies of a certain favorite hard to find film that I found in a bargin bin for $3 each and been looking to distribute them as far and wide as I can. So anyone getting me will probably find a copy of this movie in the box as well some other goodies.

I'd love to do this and ship internationally!

Just as a suggestion, would it help if international participants post their country's gift rules for those of us willing to ship internationally so that our recipients don't have the fun sucked away by crazy brokerage fees and taxes just to pick it up? Given the limit on value that this gift exchange has, I doubt this will be an issue but thought this info could be helpful for a smooth, fun and pure awesome gift exchange

For example--Shipping Gifts to Canada:

Any new items with a value over $60.00 will trigger brokerage fees, duties and taxes that the recipient will have to pay to receive it/ pick it up. Even if you are sending an item that you came across for free or for less than retail value/ MSRP, customs will go by MSRP.

Customs declarations should be filled out with the actual item + Gift and not general info like "Gift".

A card or notice must be included indicating that it is a gift.

Edited by rollin_n_coastin

^ Well that took all the fun out of it...

Good information to know, thanks Jason.

Another reason not to go over $30 US,

anywhere in the world, lol.

LOL Thanks Bill. I figure, better to suck the fun out now rather than at Christmas when people try to receive our gifts. I just don't want my gift recipient, if outside of Canada, to be dinged with any taxes or duties

For example, if sending something awesome to Bill or I, lets say very awesome Prime Ministers of Canada Place Mats, even if it is a gift under $60.00 but you forgot a card or notice, customs will not see it as a gift and ding us for full duty, taxes and fees that can sometimes cost more than the value of gift.

Edited by rollin_n_coastin

- If you flake on your gifting responsibility, which includes totally flaking or not following the above rules, prepare to be banned from the site! This is the Holiday season dammit, don't agree to participate unless you're sure you'll participate!

Yeah mofos, MerryeffinChristmas!

I'm in!

This is Elissa's rule so don't break it!

I have now gotten caught up on all the PMs I had this morning. Please make sure that if you post in this thread you also PM me your address. I think there may be at least one person in the thread who hasn't sent me their address. And please make sure you type your address accurately because I'm just copying and pasting from your message to my address list. If you type it wrong it's not my fault if your present doesn't get to you!

Also, someone had mentioned maybe PM-ing interests, etc. Feel free to post anything like that in here so that your giver can just come here anonymously and find out a little about you.

Also, someone had mentioned maybe PM-ing interests, etc. Feel free to post anything like that in here so that your giver can just come here anonymously and find out a little about you.

Great idea! That way this thread is your one stop info for everything!

Unless you've been living under a rock you know what I like! But if you get KT, she now loves the color blue, all things Princess and Pony, Beanie Babies, and arts and crafts.