Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 179: Male Masai giraffe calf born at Kilimanjaro Safaris
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Slacking » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:06 pm

Hey, for those who have ridden EE, do you consider yourself a coaster enthusiast (or freak) or not?

I just want to see if my prediction (general public will love it, coaster fans will be underwhelmed) is coming to light this early in the ride's life.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:15 pm

^^^I'm sorry it ruined your day. Perhaps you were realy just upset the Broncos lost. (Ha Ha) Perhaps your lithium perscription ran out? I don't know. However I'm sure the ride is has more pep than your enthusiasm about it.

In other news. I am in full agreement with Robb about the ride vids. The people seemed so rushed to get their vid on line that they failed to put any sort of production value into them at all. My god! At the very least cover annoying banter with some sort of music bed. I fealt that half the time I was staring at an auto Iris trying to judge the light properly. Also, If your going to give me a POV, and only have one chance to get it. Go as wide as the camera can and turn off the auto focus. Whatever you do. Do not zoom in with the camera to accentuate speed, unless you know what your doing, and are trying to design a specific shot.

I get an idea of what the ride is like. But the videos so far are all just unedited crap.

Guy "Hows that for an honest opinion." Koepp

3000 years young and riding roller coasters

Postby Ghost » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:34 am

RCTfan wrote:I can't believe I got to ride twice and it was INCREDIBLE. Seriously, get here soon. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I am looking for sponsors now…

Anybody, let me know and 'll send my bank information... why was I born so far away from WDW :(

The Magic - seen from different points of view…
http://blog.mousekingdom.com

Disneyland Resort Paris - The internet Guidebook

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Jose Eber » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:30 am

The coaster videos are all bad. I mean even mine suck.

For those saying the ride is short. Believe me, weirdly enough it gets longer each time you ride it. i.e. it gets more satisfying.

Its a vekoma and it is rough btw. CS at DCA at opening was a lot smoother than this coaster.

token black guy

Postby jarmor » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:43 am

I just dont get it...I havent read anywhere where these people are saying they are "professional videographers" and they have the best videos in the world. Im not trying to insult anyone or anything like that but everyone isnt going to run out and buy the top of the line camera equipment and lip stick cams to make the "best evar!!11!!" video out there. I appreciate these people for their effort to give someone like me a chance to check out the coaster and get a general idea of what to expect before I get a chance to experience it. I could see if these people were trying to make a profit off of their work then that would be different. Its a way to say someone's video sucked and it wasn't up to "your" expections so to speak but geesh its just a coaster video, its not a multimillion dollar blockbuster. So to the people who are providing the videos, I wanna say thanks for giving me the chance to see what the coaster is all about and your efforts as well as your videos are greatly appreciated.

Jarvis "wow...what a coaster community we live in... :?r " Morant...
"B&M will NEVER build a coaster over 300 ft..." until 2012
"Cedar Fair will NEVER build a coaster taller than MF..." until 2015

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:45 pm

jarmor wrote:I just dont get it...I havent read anywhere where these people are saying they are "professional videographers" and they have the best videos in the world.

What I'm seeing is websites boasting they have the "FIRST LOOK EXCLUSIVE" which, in MY mind says if you're going to boast about something, and spam it across every newsgroup you can find, back it up with something HOT!

jarmor wrote:Im not trying to insult anyone or anything like that but everyone isnt going to run out and buy the top of the line camera equipment and lip stick cams to make the "best evar!!11!!"

That's such a misconception. You don't NEED a top of the line camera or lipstick camera to make a good video. Anyone that thinks they do doesn't know much about shooting video. Hell, most of the equipment we use is actually BOTTOM of the line cheap or even used stuff!

But you're right, Jarmor. The videos don't say they are "good", they just say they are "first."

So it's kind of like someone boasting about their pre-release copy of star wars on DVD, and it turns out to be some piece of s**t where someone snuck a camera in the theater and what you see is mostly the back of someones head and audio quality that rivals most telephone conversations.

I'll wait for the DVD release, thank you! ;)

Again, your comments just make me think that if this is "good enough" for the coaster community why bother putting the extra effort into something?

--Robb "Perhaps I just need to lower my standards." Alvey

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:57 pm

^Damn, you beat me to it!

White Castle fries only come in one size

Postby Bubba Z » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:01 pm

Robb "Perhaps I just need to lower my standards." Alvey

Robb, If that happens you can tear up my Home Address and ban me from the site.

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:30 pm

Just two more pics: one of the big drop and one of what every self-respecting coaster enthusiast should be wearing when experiencing EE!!
tpr2.jpg
The big drop
TPR.jpg
Representin'

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:32 pm

^AWESOME!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!