TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2013 TPR Tour Questionnaire is out!

^200% agreed. Matter of taste but imho, Voyage is probably less exciting than say Legend. If you really go to HW to knock Toro off its top place in your chart, you're probably in for a big letdown. Something I would like to add is, most of the time, when you go on a trip, it's a ride you hadn't even thought about that will surprise you the most, whereas the most anticipated coasters sometimes feel like "overrated". This happened to me on EC2008 with Boulderdash which changed my life, whereas SROS was just not what I had expected it to be... Same in 2010 with Voyage (letdown) but on the positive side, many Premier rides (Powder Keg...) or GCI's like Renegade...

You make a great point. I really just wanted to see why people think it's better than el toro because i really don't think i will ever find a roller coaster that will knock el toro off the top of my list. As for what happened to you that actually happened to me this year. I went to Cedar Point really to see if millennium force would knock off el toro for me. An absolute huge letdown for me. I didn't hate it but it's no where near my top 10. No airtime and it went so fast that bugs were being smacked into my face and they hurt. On the other side of that was magnum. Did not expect much from this ride but i found the airtime to be INCREDIBLE! I ended up riding that ride more than any other ride during my stay and it actually moved in front of nitro on my top 10 list. Maverick was somewhat the same story. I questioned how good a ride could really be only 110 feet off the ground. The only ride i've been on more intense than that is el toro. 2 incredible rides get overshadowed by an overrated millennium force so great points dragonkhan.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I want to go on three of these trips :Texas/Midwest, Japan, and UK. I've never been to Texas before and can't go to Texas without going to Schlitterbahn. Will Schlitterbahn (the one in New Braunfels) be considered on the Texas trip? I was also hoping Holiday World and/or Indiana Beach would be on the Midwest part of the trip but I'm guessing they must be really out of the way if they're not on the itinerary.

Schlitterbahn will be our early arrival park for the Texas Midwest Trip. It will be an addon for anyone able to come in a day early!

Thanks! I will definitely consider this trip if I can get the funds for it by the deadline (assuming its not full). Schlitterbahn as an add-on is smart as not everyone is into water parks but I definitely am

Honestly if you turn down the trip just because it doesn't go to Holiday World than wow. Don't get me wrong Holiday World is an awesome park, but there is so many other awesome parks and coasters on that trip plus the amazing City Museum. Even the random surprise bonus credits that Robb and Elissa find can turn into one of your favorite memories of the trip. I know for me on New Hotness we rode the Jurassic Jungle Boat ride in Pigeon Forge and that was one of my favorite memories because of taking over the ride with TPR.

I can't say it enough. The City Museum alone is worth going on the trip! I've been on quite a few trips with TPR and I've never been disappointed with any of them. They've always gone above and beyond, and I absolutely trust their decisions! I would go on every single one if I could afford it!

How concerned are you guys about our safety in Mexico? I assume that you have done your research to make sure we would be safe at all times. If you guys are not concerned than I see no reason for anyone else to be.

Unrelated, but Medusa South has always looked like an awesome CCI woodie to me, AND it got Topper Track this year. That alone might be enough to get me to go.

How concerned are you guys about our safety in Mexico? I assume that you have done your research to make sure we would be safe at all times. If you guys are not concerned than I see no reason for anyone else to be.

Unrelated, but Medusa South has always looked like an awesome CCI woodie to me, AND it got Topper Track this year. That alone might be enough to get me to go.

I've done a lot of research into safety and am working with very reputable companies. I'm bringing my kid, so that should tell you that I feel safe.

There will be certain stronger rules, similar to how the Dubai Trip had its own set of rules, but it's all for safety and security.

Honestly if you turn down the trip just because it doesn't go to Holiday World than wow. Don't get me wrong Holiday World is an awesome park, but there is so many other awesome parks and coasters on that trip plus the amazing City Museum. Even the random surprise bonus credits that Robb and Elissa find can turn into one of your favorite memories of the trip. I know for me on New Hotness we rode the Jurassic Jungle Boat ride in Pigeon Forge and that was one of my favorite memories because of taking over the ride with TPR.

I wouldn't turn down the midwest trip just because it isn't going to holiday world. I just wanted to go there over great america because voyage is high on my bucket list. It's not a game changer though because i have heard so many great things about rob and elissa. What really drew me was the rocky mountain coasters to be honest. If not for that, i probably would've waited for a different trip. All i was trying to say was that i personally preferred to go to holiday world over great america and didn't know why great america got chosen until elissa explained it to me. It's an understandable decision and i still REALLY hope to go on midwest trip.

^Joe are you doing a trip next year?

I am trying for Mexico, but just have to see about getting off work and money.

Hope to see you two there! Providing that Mexico is announced.

I was hoping to do Mexico and TX/Midwest initally but with the addition of a cruise into the plans for early next year I don't have enough leave so I've had to cut Mexico.

Scratching Japan and doing Mid-West instead. I have never flown before and I really think making Japan my first flying experience might be a pretty bad idea.

Personally I really don't care if Holiday World is on the trip or not, GateKeeper, X-Flight, Chicago Museum, and 3 Rocky Mountain Coasters are enough of an incentive to make me go. I am a water park person so I think I'd be interested in Schlitterbahn.

Scratching Japan and doing Mid-West instead. I have never flown before and I really think making Japan my first flying experience might be a pretty bad idea.

Personally I really don't care if Holiday World is on the trip or not, GateKeeper, X-Flight, Chicago Museum, and 3 Rocky Mountain Coasters are enough of an incentive to make me go. I am a water park person so I think I'd be interested in Schlitterbahn.

Epic I'll see you in TX then.

Really considering the Texas/Mid-west trip. Although Magic Springs is rumored to be giving the Ax to their Zamperla Wild mouse "Twist 'n' Shout". First X coaster and now this. Really wanted both of those credits (A sky-loop and a Zamperla). Not to mention that the only Intamin parachute tower on the trip just recently got demolished. I should really go on this trip next year, because who knows what great ride will get the Ax next?

Really considering the Texas/Mid-west trip. Although Magic Springs is rumored to be giving the Ax to their Zamperla Wild mouse "Twist 'n' Shout". First X coaster and now this. Really wanted both of those credits (A sky-loop and a Zamperla). Not to mention that the only Intamin parachute tower on the trip just recently got demolished. I should really go on this trip next year, because who knows what great ride will get the Ax next?

Rides come and go each year. Don't worry so much about the credits you might miss, because you will have a great time on a TPR trip regardless.

^This is so true. I'm really looking forward to doing all that I can to get back on a trip this year. So are you finally going to get on one again Eric?

I'd say a very small part of any of these trips is worrying about credits. That said, with the way they are planned, you will get on everything possible, even stuff that you may have never even known about. The only disclaimer being the usual stuff about weather or technical issues.

Still very exited about TX/Midwest, it's like 'The Rocky Mountain Road to TGI Fridays!'

Just thinking about also saving enough for my West Coast Trip( ) during NYE 2013/2014, and then hoping to still get a shot of saving up for the scandi-trip in 2014!

^200% agreed. Matter of taste but imho, Voyage is probably less exciting than say Legend. If you really go to HW to knock Toro off its top place in your chart, you're probably in for a big letdown. Something I would like to add is, most of the time, when you go on a trip, it's a ride you hadn't even thought about that will surprise you the most, whereas the most anticipated coasters sometimes feel like "overrated". This happened to me on EC2008 with Boulderdash which changed my life, whereas SROS was just not what I had expected it to be... Same in 2010 with Voyage (letdown) but on the positive side, many Premier rides (Powder Keg...) or GCI's like Renegade...

You make a great point. I really just wanted to see why people think it's better than el toro because i really don't think i will ever find a roller coaster that will knock el toro off the top of my list. As for what happened to you that actually happened to me this year. I went to Cedar Point really to see if millennium force would knock off el toro for me. An absolute huge letdown for me. I didn't hate it but it's no where near my top 10. No airtime and it went so fast that bugs were being smacked into my face and they hurt. On the other side of that was magnum. Did not expect much from this ride but i found the airtime to be INCREDIBLE! I ended up riding that ride more than any other ride during my stay and it actually moved in front of nitro on my top 10 list. Maverick was somewhat the same story. I questioned how good a ride could really be only 110 feet off the ground. The only ride i've been on more intense than that is el toro. 2 incredible rides get overshadowed by an overrated millennium force so great points dragonkhan.

Personally, i think Voyage is miles better than El Toro. But that's my taste. But if I were going to go to Holiday World, if would only be during an event with night ERT, since all three woodies get way better late at night.

Admittedly, I haven't been there in a few years, so if it's gotten rougher, I haven't experienced it. It's deifnitely a rough and tumble ride. But I like those!

But wherever the trip goes, I'm sure you'll have fun. It's a TPR trip, after all.