TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2013 TPR Tour Questionnaire is out!

Texas/Midwest more like Texas/Midwest/TGI Fridays!! But Mexico is sounding pretty good. Just have to see about money and getting time off.

Oh, it's totally another Road to TGI Fridays tour for me!

Can we make that the official trip name for this trip? Mmm, TGI fridays! What a party that was...

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, will Tokyo Disney be at the beginning of the

N.Japan-Tokyo Tour...or at the end of it?

Or - in the middle, possibly?

Thanks in advance.

Disney will be at the end to allow for all the cool smart people to add on more days there!

I love you, Elissa.

I really like the little Japan add-on, as it covers a few parks I don't want to miss if I'm there. I'm not too familiar with park locations in Japan, any idea if Parque España would make its way in?

Also for Mexico, is there any chance the trip would go up to Aguascalientes for Texas Tornado/Zonga? I've always wanted to ride that, although RCDB says something about it only operating during a fair. Just curious! It'd really help "complete" the trip for me.

I really like the little Japan add-on, as it covers a few parks I don't want to miss if I'm there. I'm not too familiar with park locations in Japan, any idea if Parque España would make its way in?

Also for Mexico, is there any chance the trip would go up to Aguascalientes for Texas Tornado/Zonga? I've always wanted to ride that, although RCDB says something about it only operating during a fair. Just curious! It'd really help "complete" the trip for me.

Parque Espana would not be included in the Japan add on unless something significant was added between now and the trip. It's very far and expensive to get to and would add another day to the trip. I'm happy to show you how to get there if you'd like to go a day early for it.

The Aquascalientes area is NOT included as it's a bunch of crap and the bigger stuff only operates during random times. I found a way to squeeze in some Chinese Knockoffs operating in Mexico though...how could that not sell you on the trip!?!?

Have never done a TPR trip before, but I am READY to put a deposit down for Mexico. I have always been drawn to the TPR 'first of a kind' trips, and I can only imagine how fun exploring Mexico City would be with this group. Hopefully theres enough interest in this trip as it's the one I am seeing the least about!

Will transportation be provided between each park from SFFT to CP?

Did you READ the questionnaire???

- Cost includes: ALL GROUND TRANSPORTATION, all hotel accommodations, on resort property accommodations at Cedar Point, all park admissions, private buy out of City Museum, at least two meals per day (Including the famous Lambert’s Café), Event T-Shirt, Photo DVD, Goodies, Snacks, and much more!

And have you READ this thread... AT ALL?!?!?!?

information that you're asking has already been answered before in other Q&A sessions or trip flyers. I would strongly suggest you look at the material we have already made available before asking any more questions.

Here's the Q&A and trip flyers from 2012: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1094397#p1094397

Here's the 2011 Trip Flyers: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=920330#p920330

Here's the Q&A from 2009: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=664604#p664604

And the Q&A from 2008: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=465355#p465355

Hopefully with that, you'll find the information you're looking for.

Edited by robbalvey

Why do i have a feeling holiday world is going to be a surprise stop?

Don't get your hopes up. If you look at the amount of days, driving, and parks, you will see there's really no way to go!

If I remember right Holiday World from a discussion last trip TRP took there , Holiday World doesn't do ERT in summer months.

I just wish midwest was doing Holiday world and KI, I wasn't impessed with Great America this summer, it's like thier employees don't care. They will let people line jump and just look the other way, even security.

Wow I want to go on three of these trips :Texas/Midwest, Japan, and UK. I've never been to Texas before and can't go to Texas without going to Schlitterbahn. Will Schlitterbahn (the one in New Braunfels) be considered on the Texas trip? I was also hoping Holiday World and/or Indiana Beach would be on the Midwest part of the trip but I'm guessing they must be really out of the way if they're not on the itinerary.

^

Oddly, I was putting together a trip more or less the exact same as the Texas/Midwest trip myself for next year (without Texas though). To have included Holiday World would have taken us waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of the way and would not have made any sense. Same goes for Indiana Beach.

I'm glad TPR is doing this trip because it will be epic. Big respect to Robb and Elissa for the work they do for these things...it's not easy.

Why do i have a feeling holiday world is going to be a surprise stop?

Don't get your hopes up. If you look at the amount of days, driving, and parks, you will see there's really no way to go!

I just wish midwest was doing Holiday world and KI, I wasn't impessed with Great America this summer, it's like thier employees don't care. They will let people line jump and just look the other way, even security.

It's just not possible to add "everything" on a trip. MidWest is already right up against the most amount of days and the cost we like one of our USA trips. Whenever we go to Cedar Point, it's already a longer, more expensive trip because we stay at Breakers, buy lots of ERT, FastLane passes, etc. Adding Holiday World and Kings Island would be having to add two whole days, possibly three, and at least $400 onto the overall cost of the trip.

It's just too out of the way and expensive to add those parks.

We just went to Holiday World and SFGam two years ago, and since SFGAm just added a major new coaster, that was the deciding factor of why we chose to go that route.

I'm sure we will offer another trip in the near future that will include Holiay World and Kings Island.

But seriously, you'll be riding *ALL THREE* Rocky Mountain coasters in one trip! How is that not already awesome???

Edited by robbalvey

I'm really not trying to criticize anyone here I'm just going to state some research i found. If you switch holiday world with great america, you actually SAVE 1 hour of driving from st louis to cedar point not to mention kings island is right on the way if you go from holiday world. I'm just stating my personal opinion that I wanted to go to holiday world over great america but nevertheless, I'm sure theres another reason why it's not included. No ERT may very well be the reason why holiday world's not included for all i know. Again not trying to start anything here, just have a high curiosity of the voyage because I have yet to find a roller coaster better than el toro and people say this is it. But i have heard great things about these trips and I'm 100% sure this will be a great trip even without holiday world.

Wow I want to go on three of these trips :Texas/Midwest, Japan, and UK. I've never been to Texas before and can't go to Texas without going to Schlitterbahn. Will Schlitterbahn (the one in New Braunfels) be considered on the Texas trip? I was also hoping Holiday World and/or Indiana Beach would be on the Midwest part of the trip but I'm guessing they must be really out of the way if they're not on the itinerary.

Schlitterbahn will be our early arrival park for the Texas Midwest Trip. It will be an addon for anyone able to come in a day early!

I'm really not trying to criticize anyone here I'm just going to state some research i found. If you switch holiday world with great america, you actually SAVE 1 hour of driving from st louis to cedar point not to mention kings island is right on the way if you go from holiday world. I'm just stating my personal opinion that I wanted to go to holiday world over great america but nevertheless, I'm sure theres another reason why it's not included. No ERT may very well be the reason why holiday world's not included for all i know. Again not trying to start anything here, just have a high curiosity of the voyage because I have yet to find a roller coaster better than el toro and people say this is it. But i have heard great things about these trips and I'm 100% sure this will be a great trip even without holiday world.

That's YOUR opinion. We've hit up Holiday World on at least two previous TPR Trips and gotten great perks. There just wasn't that much of a draw to go there next year as there's nothing new for most people. SFGAm has X-Flight which a bunch of our members have not yet ridden. It's also much more of a full day park. Like others have said, shorter drive or not, Holiday World is out of the way for our itinerary.

have a high curiosity of the voyage because I have yet to find a roller coaster better than el toro and people say this is it.

Frankly, they're wrong. But that's just my opinion.

^200% agreed. Matter of taste but imho, Voyage is probably less exciting than say Legend. If you really go to HW to knock Toro off its top place in your chart, you're probably in for a big letdown. Something I would like to add is, most of the time, when you go on a trip, it's a ride you hadn't even thought about that will surprise you the most, whereas the most anticipated coasters sometimes feel like "overrated". This happened to me on EC2008 with Boulderdash which changed my life, whereas SROS was just not what I had expected it to be... Same in 2010 with Voyage (letdown) but on the positive side, many Premier rides (Powder Keg...) or GCI's like Renegade...