TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

Awesome that USF is getting Transformers. I was very impressed with the one at USH and think it will be a great fit out there too. I doubt the GP will notice it's ride system is the same as Spider-Man (or care if they do) because the storyline and experience is so different (see Haunted Mansion vs. Little Mermaid).

Universal Orlando seems just relentless on their attack on Disney(and all other competition in the are). The rides they have been doing are impressive and seem to keep coming in rapid succession. I know Disney still has the upper hand being Disney and some of these Universal rides are more for adults, but the quality is up there and has got to be making some type of impact on Disney's attendance (not to mention their prices are easier on the wallet).

Just got back from the Transformers event. Couple of things to note....

- Ride will be the same as Singapore and Hollywood

- Queue may be *slightly* different, but will include the same elements as the other two versions.

- Exterior of the building will be VERY different from Hollywood.

- Opens Summer 2013.

transformers2.thumb.jpg.015ac3d377f39de7f09eb58254c7ffd7.jpg

TPR is currently at a media event at Universal Orlando. Big announcement tonight. What do you think it could be?

transformers3.jpg.e6809bcd4a710639eee809139168f11b.jpg

The news stations are reporting something BIG!

transformers4.jpg.298454842b262d7e63d8800efa794e1d.jpg

That's an impressive building! I wonder if all the rumors about the Barney shooting dark ride will be true?

transformers5.jpg.4c44b624af44fe04efcd2b08d9273955.jpg

All the construction works have come to see what they have been building these past few months.

transformers6.jpg.74f17bb6b3230bd4a8ff04042d4692a2.jpg

We are told something is going to happen during Universal's Cinematic Spectacular.

transformers7.jpg.c077f38495ae3d31be06a075bc66f5b7.jpg

The show starts as normal...

transformers8.jpg.2464f0be0c28522aa8828b849b861e2a.jpg

Then is interrupted by a message from Optimus Prime!

transformers9.jpg.298f71ea2ca1bed96fd2ac676da68e2e.jpg

Optimus says Orlando is in danger, and there will be lots of epic Michael Bay caliber explosions...

transformers10.jpg.d9f5312db9a33b42a1618d269f73f515.jpg

Transformers for Universal Orlando has been announced! Summer 2013.

transformers11.thumb.jpg.9b268ce02c9c07a2e80328e291acdffc.jpg

Optimus and BumbleBee will soon be Rockin' the streets of Orlando.

transformers12.jpg.bdb632afef86ffd4f04e071c7481d46e.jpg

Q&A Session about the ride with head honchos from Universal Creative.

transformers13.jpg.6a40edeb2f74d7d50144bde4724ffd62.jpg

They are taking us somewhere else...

transformers1.jpg.32e0c41b849eb7452934ea33f4104548.jpg

No, wait! Optimus and BumbleBee are already securing Universal Orlando from Decepticons!

Are you excited about Transformers coming to Universal Orlando summer 2013? POST A COMMENT if you are!

Official Announcement Video:

Walk-Around Optimus Prime and BumbleBee characters:

Here's the video from the Q&A if anyone is interested:

--Robb

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE BATTLE CONTINUES…IN ORLANDO

JUST ANNOUNCED: BLOCKBUSTER MEGA-ATTRACTION “TRANSFORMERS: THE RIDE – 3D” COMING TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT IN SUMMER 2013

Hugely-Successful Attraction Will Now Be Featured at Three Universal Parks Worldwide

Guests Will Be Fully-Immersed in a TRANSFORMERS Adventure with Their Favorite Characters and Nemeses from the Popular Film Series

ORLANDO, Fla. (November 2, 2012) – Get ready – it’s time to prepare for battle…

Universal Orlando Resort announced today that its next blockbuster attraction will be the widely-popular TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D. The groundbreaking ride – created under license from Hasbro, Inc. and based on its iconic TRANSFORMERS brand – will bring the intergalactic battle between the Autobots and the Decepticons to Universal Studios Florida in summer 2013.

Already a “must-see” at Universal Studios Singapore and Universal Studios Hollywood, TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D is a mind-blowing, action-packed ride experience that you have to see to believe. You will come face to face with Megatron. You will dodge explosions and attacks by the Decepticons. You will fight to save mankind alongside Optimus Prime and the Autobots. It will be the greatest battle you’ll ever ride.

Universal worked closely with Michael Bay, the award-wining director of the “TRANSFORMERS” film series and the ride’s creative consultant, to create an authentic experience that brings the non-stop action of the films to life. The attraction combines the larger-than-life TRANSFORMERS characters and an exciting storyline with life-like HD CGI media, state-of-the-art 3-D technology and amazing special effects to place riders right in the middle of an epic battle between good and evil.

“We broke the mold and have taken this ride to a new technological level in terms of blending seamless 3-D,” said Michael Bay, director of the “TRANSFORMERS” films.

“TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D is the perfect addition to Universal Orlando’s thrilling theme park experiences,” said Mark Woodbury, president of Universal Creative. “The ride has already proven to be a hit at our Hollywood and Singapore parks, and we’re excited that Universal Orlando guests will soon be able to join the Autobots in the fight to save the world.”

TRANSFORMERS films, television shows and merchandise have captivated millions of people all over the world. To date, three blockbuster films have been released – “TRANSFORMERS” (2007), “TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN” (2009) and “TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON” (2011) – grossing more than $2 billion combined worldwide at the box office. The three films were directed by Michael Bay, executive produced by Steven Spielberg and released by Paramount Pictures.

TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D is slated to open in summer 2013 at Universal Orlando. The attraction will have one of the shortest build times in Universal history – making it one of Universal’s most ambitious projects ever. For more information about TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D, visit http://www.prepareforbattle.com.

Inertiatic.jpg.7203066da915fd05092bb2a8a66e874c.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

I knew it was coming, but for those who have ridden it at Hollywood, does it make sense to have both this and Spiderman at basically the same park (if you have a 2-park hopper, of course).

It just seems so similar that the excitement goes down for the announcement. I love spider-man and I am sure I will enjoy this, but I don't know... I kind of wish they went in a different direction with this, away from the Spiderman concept to make it truly unique and offer another type of experience.

Not complaining by any means, just thinking out loud.

I knew it was coming, but for those who have ridden it at Hollywood, does it make sense to have both this and Spiderman at basically the same park (if you have a 2-park hopper, of course).

Does it make sense to have Space Mountain and Rock N Roller Coaster both at Walt Disney World?

Or what about Pirates of the Caribbean and Maelstrom?

I'm not sure why people keep questioning the idea of having two kick-ass dark rides based on the same technology in one resort. Like having more than one of something is a bad thing...

I mean, they built two B&M inverts at Islands of Adventure right NEXT to each other and no one bitches about it, right?

Sorry that I didn't have much time to read the whole report, but what did this ride take place of?

I have yet to see a Transformers movie, but then again, I haven't seen Spiderman and that ride is totally awesome, and Transformers doesn't have a confusing plot line that Forbidden Journey has. So I can't wait to visit!

Just saying-- Spiderman is arguably the favorite ride of both enthusiasts and the general public at Universal Orlando. Comcast buys the company and then decides to work day and night to provide another amazing ride by summer 2013 (and builds it in less than a year) .. If you have anything bad to say about this announcement, you are wrong.

Does it make sense to have Space Mountain and Rock N Roller Coaster both at Walt Disney World?

Or what about Pirates of the Caribbean and Maelstrom?

I'm not sure why people keep questioning the idea of having two kick-ass dark rides based on the same technology in one resort. Like having more than one of something is a bad thing...

I mean, they built two B&M inverts at Islands of Adventure right NEXT to each other and no one bitches about it, right?

As I said earlier, I'm not a Transformers fan, but any ride using the "Spidey system" works for me.

I love that there building Transformers. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

I know they are far from Harry Potter part 2 opening but I kind of wish they would of just gave some details on it as well tonight. Who knows if that would of had people talking about them for a while since its been all Disney lately.

Loved Spider Man and really looking forward to this. I'm a huge transformers fan but I'm not at all a fan of the Michael Bay movies, which really doesn't matter. Universal has such a great ability to take something with lasting recognition and make fantastic attractions out of them.

Now that I think about it, I wasn't a fan of most of the movies that Universal bases their attractions on but I've been a huge fan of the attractions themselves.