Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1472: The Bourne Stuntacular coming Spring 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:26 pm

THIS:
Bryce wrote:Maybe it's cause our eyes are adjusted to the darkness already?

I've always seen the "inside" of the ride as being much, much brighter when I ride it at night. I just rode Mummy at USO a couple of weeks ago at night and it didn't seem any different to me.
Last edited by robbalvey on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:27 pm.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Bryce » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:55 pm

robbalvey wrote:THIS:
Bryce wrote:Maybe it's cause our eyes are adjusted to the darkness already?

I've always seen the "inside" of the ride as being much, much brighter when I ride it at night. I just rode Mummy at USO a couple of weeks ago at night and it didn't seem any different to me.

Ah, that was probably it then.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CardCraze » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:36 pm

Parks Visited in 2015: None so far!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:07 pm

Awesome that USF is getting Transformers. I was very impressed with the one at USH and think it will be a great fit out there too. I doubt the GP will notice it's ride system is the same as Spider-Man (or care if they do) because the storyline and experience is so different (see Haunted Mansion vs. Little Mermaid).

Universal Orlando seems just relentless on their attack on Disney(and all other competition in the are). The rides they have been doing are impressive and seem to keep coming in rapid succession. I know Disney still has the upper hand being Disney and some of these Universal rides are more for adults, but the quality is up there and has got to be making some type of impact on Disney's attendance (not to mention their prices are easier on the wallet).

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:32 pm

Robb is at the Transformers event right now and will bring a full report soon. Make sure to follow Theme Park Review on Twitter and Facebook for all the most up to date info!

It will open THIS SUMMER!!!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:54 pm

Great addition to the park. Very fun ride. Just surprised that this was the only announcement tonight.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Just got back from the Transformers event. Couple of things to note....

- Ride will be the same as Singapore and Hollywood
- Queue may be *slightly* different, but will include the same elements as the other two versions.
- Exterior of the building will be VERY different from Hollywood.
- Opens Summer 2013.

transformers2.jpg
TPR is currently at a media event at Universal Orlando. Big announcement tonight. What do you think it could be?

transformers3.jpg
The news stations are reporting something BIG!

transformers4.jpg
That's an impressive building! I wonder if all the rumors about the Barney shooting dark ride will be true?

transformers5.jpg
All the construction works have come to see what they have been building these past few months.

transformers6.jpg
We are told something is going to happen during Universal's Cinematic Spectacular.

transformers7.jpg
The show starts as normal...

transformers8.jpg
Then is interrupted by a message from Optimus Prime!

transformers9.jpg
Optimus says Orlando is in danger, and there will be lots of epic Michael Bay caliber explosions...

transformers10.jpg
Transformers for Universal Orlando has been announced! Summer 2013.

transformers11.jpg
Optimus and BumbleBee will soon be Rockin' the streets of Orlando.

transformers12.jpg
Q&A Session about the ride with head honchos from Universal Creative.

transformers13.jpg
They are taking us somewhere else...

transformers1.jpg
No, wait! Optimus and BumbleBee are already securing Universal Orlando from Decepticons!

Are you excited about Transformers coming to Universal Orlando summer 2013? POST A COMMENT if you are!

Official Announcement Video:

Walk-Around Optimus Prime and BumbleBee characters:

Here's the video from the Q&A if anyone is interested:

--Robb

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE BATTLE CONTINUES…IN ORLANDO

JUST ANNOUNCED: BLOCKBUSTER MEGA-ATTRACTION “TRANSFORMERS: THE RIDE – 3D” COMING TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT IN SUMMER 2013

Hugely-Successful Attraction Will Now Be Featured at Three Universal Parks Worldwide

Guests Will Be Fully-Immersed in a TRANSFORMERS Adventure with Their Favorite Characters and Nemeses from the Popular Film Series

ORLANDO, Fla. (November 2, 2012) – Get ready – it’s time to prepare for battle…

Universal Orlando Resort announced today that its next blockbuster attraction will be the widely-popular TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D. The groundbreaking ride – created under license from Hasbro, Inc. and based on its iconic TRANSFORMERS brand – will bring the intergalactic battle between the Autobots and the Decepticons to Universal Studios Florida in summer 2013.

Already a “must-see” at Universal Studios Singapore and Universal Studios Hollywood, TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D is a mind-blowing, action-packed ride experience that you have to see to believe. You will come face to face with Megatron. You will dodge explosions and attacks by the Decepticons. You will fight to save mankind alongside Optimus Prime and the Autobots. It will be the greatest battle you’ll ever ride.

Universal worked closely with Michael Bay, the award-wining director of the “TRANSFORMERS” film series and the ride’s creative consultant, to create an authentic experience that brings the non-stop action of the films to life. The attraction combines the larger-than-life TRANSFORMERS characters and an exciting storyline with life-like HD CGI media, state-of-the-art 3-D technology and amazing special effects to place riders right in the middle of an epic battle between good and evil.

“We broke the mold and have taken this ride to a new technological level in terms of blending seamless 3-D,” said Michael Bay, director of the “TRANSFORMERS” films.

“TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D is the perfect addition to Universal Orlando’s thrilling theme park experiences,” said Mark Woodbury, president of Universal Creative. “The ride has already proven to be a hit at our Hollywood and Singapore parks, and we’re excited that Universal Orlando guests will soon be able to join the Autobots in the fight to save the world.”

TRANSFORMERS films, television shows and merchandise have captivated millions of people all over the world. To date, three blockbuster films have been released – “TRANSFORMERS” (2007), “TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN” (2009) and “TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON” (2011) – grossing more than $2 billion combined worldwide at the box office. The three films were directed by Michael Bay, executive produced by Steven Spielberg and released by Paramount Pictures.

TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D is slated to open in summer 2013 at Universal Orlando. The attraction will have one of the shortest build times in Universal history – making it one of Universal’s most ambitious projects ever. For more information about TRANSFORMERS: The Ride – 3D, visit http://www.prepareforbattle.com.
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:00 pm.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:15 pm

Even though I'm not a Transformers fan, I've heard nothing but good things about the rides at Hollywood and Singapore. Love seeing another "Spider-Man" type ride being built.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Bryce » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:17 pm

Very pleased with the news of the facade being different! I hope it will fit with the New York theming.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby dragonskeep » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:22 pm

Worst kept secret ever but great news that it's confirmed. I hope to learn as little as possible about this ride until I actually go ride it, something brand new I'm trying out. ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!