SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:50 pm

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/article-1/SeaWorld-Orlando-Announces-Multi-Year-Marketing-Agreement-With-Miami-Dolphins-/f8726745-2d4a-4334-8440-74f25a90e748

SeaWorld Orlando and the Miami Dolphins have announced a multi-year marketing agreement. “SeaWorld, Where the Dolphins Play!” is the tagline for the integrated campaign involving a season-long sweepstakes and special deals for Florida residents.

The face of the campaign is former linebacker Jason Taylor, who will be inducted into the Miami Dolphin Honor Roll on October 14. Vignettes will feature him and his family enjoying SeaWorld as part of the following elements:

SeaWorld Football Family of the Year is a sweepstakes that kicked off on September 21 and will continue through December 31. Fans can register at Dolphins.com/SeaWorld to win a grand prize three-day, two-night SeaWorld and Aquatica weekend getaway plus four tickets to all 2013 regular season Miami Dolphins home games.

The Game Day Advantage offers Florida resident deals at SeaWorld for Miami Dolphins fans and will be featured in radio, digital and TV throughout key Florida markets as well as in-stadium.

“Aligning with the Miami Dolphins is a natural fit. We both share the same commitment to family and tradition and are great places to make lifetime memories,” said Vice President of Marketing Toni Caracciolo. “We’re thrilled to have Jason Taylor involved because he’s devoted to family, a world-class athlete and loved by so many fans”.

"SeaWorld and their associated parks are premiere destinations for all ages from South Florida, across the country and internationally. We have the same vision to provide exciting moments for our visitors in a unique environment, while always giving back to the community," said Jim Rushton, Chief Revenue Officer, Miami Dolphins / Sun Life Stadium. "We are honored to call them a partner as we both continue to grow our respective businesses."

"From the exciting rides to swimming with the Dolphins, and everything in between, SeaWorld is simply an amazing destination for family entertainment," said Jason Taylor. "My wife, kids and I had a great time on our most recent visit and we can't wait to go back!"

SeaWorld Orlando immerses guests in the sea’s mysteries through up-close animal discoveries, amazing attractions, thrilling rides and unforgettable performances. Whether riding Manta, getting drenched by Shamu, or feeding seals and sea lions, vacation adventures become lifelong memories at SeaWorld. All new is TurtleTrek, a unique blend of up-close animal encounters with manatees and turtles and state-of-the art entertainment with the world’s first 3D/360 dome theater film.

Coming to SeaWorld Orlando in spring 2013 is Antarctica – Empire of the Penguin, the biggest and most expansive attraction in SeaWorld’s history. This epic exploration of a mysterious world blends animal encounters with an exhilarating ride for a one-of-a-kind experience the whole family will enjoy. Be transported to an icy world you’ve never seen before. Experience the majestic grandeur of the South Pole and see it through the penguins’ eyes on an exhilarating first-of-its kind family ride. Then, step out and explore their colony in an expanse that envelops you in cool extremes: bringing you above and below their icy world.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:53 pm

Interesting, kind of a strange partnership but I could see it working.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby disneyfan1313 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:17 pm

^Agreed - I am a Dolphins fan and somewhat confused by the NFL / Theme Park tie in outside of the name. I guess it is just another inroad to the S. Florida market which is really the main Florida market for Orlando parks.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Why do I feel like this is the plot line for a new Ace Ventura movie?

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:53 am

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/SeaWorld-Orlando-goes-gluten-free-with-new-menu/-/1637132/16932678/-/x8ir0k/-/index.html

Sea World is catering to people with food allergies at their parks.

The parent company for the parks, which owns Busch Gardens Tampa and a total of 10 parks across the country, announced Wednesday that they are introducing a line of allergy-friendly "dining initiatives."

These initiatives include increased safety by having guests with allergy specific needs working one and one with food preparation staff from start to finish to make sure it is allergen-free.

"Chef Cards" will be handed out in advance so that guests can write down their specific allergies, and then handed to a chef before the preparation of a meal.

The parks are also adding more menu options like gluten-free pizza and allergy-friendly Shamu shaped chocolate bars.

"We serve millions of guests each year and are committed to provide each a great experience. For families with allergen concerns, we understand how challenging it can be to safely dine out, especially while on vacation," said Jim Atchison, President and Chief Executive Officer of SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment in a release.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:28 am

I noticed that Busch Gardens Williamsburg is offering prepackaged "allergy friendly" snacks at Grogan's Grill, Cafe Lulu, German Candy, Festhaus Kaffee, and Roman Frieze, as well.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:36 pm

Screen Shot 2012-10-24 at 3.47.02 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2012-10-24 at 3.48.31 PM.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:49 pm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ThatFloridaDude » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:04 pm

Im So excited. I'll be getting Sea World and Busch Gardens Annual PAsses in January!! :b

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:05 pm

How did this not get more responses?!!? We have a ride vehicle for the penguin ride! Very cool. Except it's giving me flashbacks to all of the terrible dark rides at Ferrari World!!!!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:12 pm

I'm nervous about the name "Empire of the Penguin." I mean, we had "Empire of the Ants," and look at how well that turned out! :wtf:

Ants and humans living together! Aghh!

But, seriously, I'm looking forward to checking out Sea World's new attraction--the old penguin exhibit was looking pretty long in the tooth.
Last edited by cfc on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:13 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!