Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1436: Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure news
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:38 pm

^Well it hasn't been confirmed on the opening for Transformers and Potter part 2 won't be open for another few years. For Fantasyland the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train won't be open till 2014.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby disneyfan1313 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:46 pm

televisedconfession wrote:I enjoy the fact that Universal has preserved classic shows through attractions, but there comes a time when the brand relevance becomes outdated. Similarly, Splash Mountain is based off a pretty defunct Disney Story and they're able to bring it to the new generations, however rides like Woody and Fifel I really don't think have the same staying power that some old classics have. It's a battle I'm sure have on a regular basis.

I really feel that Fifel needs to go. It just feels incredibly outdated! Plus, how easy would it be to slap on some new theming in that area - it could be the spongebob playground with a couple of months work!

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby 619fan » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:11 am

Hi everyone,

I will visit Islands of Adventure in november during my trip through Florida.
Can you give me some tips for the park.
We decided to visit the park on a monday. I hope, that the park will not be so crowded as on the weekends.
Which ride should we do first?
We thought to do the rides first and after that the shows, or is there a must-see-show in the park?

Thanks for your help from Germany

Iris

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby disneyfan1313 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:13 pm

^ Hello! Just a few questions - Are you visiting both Universal Studios park and Islands of Adventure or just Islands? Also, what week in November are you going... most Mondays will be *VERY* slow with the exception of the days near the Thanksgiving holiday.

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby 619fan » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:46 am

Dear Disneyfan 1313,

We will just visit Islands of adventure. We've been to Universal Studios in L.A. 3 years ago.
We will be at Islands of Adventure on nov. 19th. It's a monday. We don't have a chance to go on an other day, because we are in Fort Lauderdale after and before we are at Longboat Key.
I hope that it will not be so crowded.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:30 pm

disneyfan1313 wrote:
televisedconfession wrote:I enjoy the fact that Universal has preserved classic shows through attractions, but there comes a time when the brand relevance becomes outdated. Similarly, Splash Mountain is based off a pretty defunct Disney Story and they're able to bring it to the new generations, however rides like Woody and Fifel I really don't think have the same staying power that some old classics have. It's a battle I'm sure have on a regular basis.

I really feel that Fifel needs to go. It just feels incredibly outdated! Plus, how easy would it be to slap on some new theming in that area - it could be the spongebob playground with a couple of months work!

I agree! USH was able to change Blastzone to Curious George in a few months, so it's not like there is no precedence for such things!

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Bryce » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:31 pm

619fan wrote:Dear Disneyfan 1313,

We will just visit Islands of adventure. We've been to Universal Studios in L.A. 3 years ago.
We will be at Islands of Adventure on nov. 19th. It's a monday. We don't have a chance to go on an other day, because we are in Fort Lauderdale after and before we are at Longboat Key.
I hope that it will not be so crowded.

Have fun! I'll be park-hopping between IOA and USF around that time! So excited!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Universal Orlando to Spend $1.5 Billion

Postby chargersmichael » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:31 am

It seems that Universal Orlando is also getting its own "Evolution Plan!"

Universal is really pulling it together! The next ten years are going to be amazing at Universal Studios!!!

Screamscape Reports:
General Resort News - (10/17/12) A report at MiceChat all about Universal Orlando starts off showing off the construction and ongoing maintenance efforts Universal has been doing in the parks and ends with some great news. They report that $1.5 Billion dollars has now been approved for future capital projects at Universal Orlando over the next 10 year, starting things off with the fast-tracked Transformers ride and then the London side of the Potterverse.
Beyond those two projects, there is an estimated $850 million leftover for future projects. The first of these have already begun to possibly surface, with rumors of a couple of Seuss ride concepts dueling for attention themed to either The Lorax or The Grinch. Something new could awaken in Jurassic Park, or Universal may choose to drop the Marvel heros and rethemed that Island. Over at the Studios, we’ve heard for some time now that T2/3D was on the chopping block, and several new plans have been envisioned to rethemed the kiddie area, and perhaps even eventually replace ET with something new. Either way, looks like the next decade is going to be bright and very busy for Universal Orlando.
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Universal Orlando to Spend $1.5 Billion

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:12 pm

chargersmichael wrote:It seems that Universal Orlando is also getting its own "Evolution Plan!"

Universal is really pulling it together! The next ten years are going to be amazing at Universal Studios!!!

Screamscape Reports:
General Resort News - (10/17/12) A report at MiceChat all about Universal Orlando starts off showing off the construction and ongoing maintenance efforts Universal has been doing in the parks and ends with some great news. They report that $1.5 Billion dollars has now been approved for future capital projects at Universal Orlando over the next 10 year, starting things off with the fast-tracked Transformers ride and then the London side of the Potterverse.
Beyond those two projects, there is an estimated $850 million leftover for future projects. The first of these have already begun to possibly surface, with rumors of a couple of Seuss ride concepts dueling for attention themed to either The Lorax or The Grinch. Something new could awaken in Jurassic Park, or Universal may choose to drop the Marvel heros and rethemed that Island. Over at the Studios, we’ve heard for some time now that T2/3D was on the chopping block, and several new plans have been envisioned to rethemed the kiddie area, and perhaps even eventually replace ET with something new. Either way, looks like the next decade is going to be bright and very busy for Universal Orlando.

My Guesses:
- Marvel Super Hero Island turns into a Spiderman Themed Area
- ET and Woody Woodpecker turning into a Madagascar Themed Area
- T2 replaced with a Riddick themed Film
- New Waterpark added onsite and Wet N' Wild being demolished (That's been rumored for about 5 years now)
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:27 pm

^Riddick? My impression was that Chronicles of Riddick was pretty much a flop (although the first flick, Pitch Black, did pretty well). Or was it a bigger hit overseas than in the U.S.?

Well, Disney did do well with ElecTRONica, I guess.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!