Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

P. 48 - DC Rivals POV footage! Forward & Backward!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Warner Bros. Movie World (WBMW) Discussion Thread

Postby AnonymousReed » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:38 am

Spolier Alert
www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3G4HjbnzhI&feature=relmfu

Looks like a good addition!

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:58 am

I saw the POVfrom yesterday and I agree with the MiB comparison. It looks like a extremely solid attraction, and for a mere 8 million dollars, I'm quite impressed with how in depth everything was!
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby azza29 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Ride looks great! I'm visiting in February so we'll see how it holds up after six months of wear and tear. Hopefully they're quick to repair any animatronics/effects that break.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby original » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:54 pm

The third video for 'Fright Nights' now only a week away from its opening night.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:50 pm

Looks like the Justice League shooter is an excellent replacement for the old Batman simulator--just the kind of attraction Movie World needs.
Last edited by cfc on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:56 am.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:26 pm

Looks like a combination of MiB and Toy Story Mania. Looks promising.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby ambe_bambe » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:21 pm

I love the ride, great addition to the park, and a fast moving line with some cool features to entertain kids that may otherwise be impatient.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:14 pm

Sally Corp. has sent us a press release regarding the successful debut of Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D at Warner Bros. Movie World.

Sally Corporation's new, action-packed interactive dark ride, Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D, was unveiled on September 22 at Warner Bros. Movie World, on Australia's Gold Coast, bringing the world's most famous super heroes to life...battling alongside park guests in an epic fight to defeat one of the most feared villains in the DC Universe. A large crowd waited in line for the much-anticipated opening, excitedly participating in the epic battle. Adjectives such as "awesome," and "fantastic" were soon flying.

The Sally team worked closely with Warner Bros. Consumer Products and DC Entertainment, to create this dynamic adventure featuring Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, and Supergirl in a fight to save Earth from destruction. They are aided by the amazing Cyborg who recruits guests for the volunteer force and demonstrates how to defeat the alien spores that are attacking citizens in cities throughout the world.

Almost two years in production, the ride features state-of-the-art animatronics and 3D video technology, together with numerous special effects. The five minute ride incorporates eight huge 3D screens, twenty custom vehicles equipped with special laser optical blasters, a dramatic custom musical score, numerous animatronic citizens whom riders must fight to save from the alien spores' evil mind control, and culminates in a dramatic struggle between Superman and the evil villain, in which riders play a decisive role.

The exterior of the 2,000 square meter building is themed as the Hall of Justice. As they enter, visitors are immediately immersed in the story of the alien attack via a "live" newscast anchored by Vicki Vale, who urges viewers to take shelter at Justice League embassies worldwide, and to
help defend Earth against the alien threat.

Passing through a high-tech scanning device into the pre-show area, guests discover the impressive animatronic Cyborg in his test lab, and Batman beaming in from the Justice League Watchtower Command Center, in orbit around the Earth. Once aboard their custom tactical assault vehicles, riders are teleported into the dark streets of Gotham City and join the Justice League in an epic battle. Scores are recorded on in-car consoles.

"Our goal was to create a ride based on the Justice League heroes that could be a fun and exciting experience not only for hardcore fans of the franchise, but also those not so familiar with the characters," says Sally Corporation CEO John Wood. "There's a lot of action and interaction throughout the ride, and you're immersed in the experience. There are full-scale three-dimensional sets, scenery, animatronics and special effects throughout, and blended into the city streets and spaceship interiors are high-definition CGI animated sets and characters...allowing us to take the action to new heights."

Tim Fisher, chief executive officer of Village Roadshow Theme Parks, owner of Warner Bros. Movie World, says, "Justice League: Alien Invasion 3D is the perfect fit for this park as it combines the hugely popular DC Entertainment Justice League franchise with a ride jam-packed with action and 3D thrills the whole family will love."

To create this one-of-a-kind dark ride, Sally Corporation pulled together an experienced team including Threshold Animation Studios, Alterface, Techni-Lux, RealD, Bose, Bertazzon, Wyatt Design Group, and Sculpt Studios (Australia), among others.
Load area 7.jpg
Batman & Cyborg870.JPG
STop!130.JPG
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby mattnz » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:21 pm

Everything I've seen from this ride looks pretty awesome! As others have said, this is exactly what the park needed. Great job from Sally / Movie World. Was sorry to have just missed out on its opening this year. Oh well, hope forward to visiting sometime again in future.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Gav » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:03 pm

Sally have released their own POV onto their channel with high quality audio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6brIAEoC0Ig

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!