Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 415: 2019 flat ride announced Tumbling Timbers
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:19 am

XD Theater???

:|

Non-German Tom

Postby Shockwave » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:44 am

Wes41190 wrote:DOG POUNDER??? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I can't wait for that one! :lolr:

I've only ever seen archive footage of Flying Turns style rides, but they look like a lot of fun, and the nearest we've had to them for a while are the Mack & Intamin Bobsled coasters.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:20 am

"Dog Pounder"--a name that works on so many levels, ranging from having your feet pounded with a sledgehammer to engaging in forbidden acts of bestiality.

Interesting place, this Knoebels. Need to check it out someday.

The Resident Smart-Ass

Postby CoasterFanatic » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:02 am

I have a feeling that more people might be meeting me for breakfast this year at PPP ::D
Ted

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby Dailey Enterprizes » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:06 am

Haha, all it means to me is that I "still" have to get to Knoebels Grove. It's sad that I live in PA (clear across the state) and never been there before. :(

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Reon » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:34 am

Bobsleds this close to Ohio? Sweet! Knobles is still pay-per ride right? Maybe Ill make a detour there on my roadtrip this summer...
Proud Coney Island Ride-op for 6 years!
Kings Island MSD/Racer crew of 2011
Kings Island Vortex/Windseeker crew of 2012-2013
Best Coaster Ever: :airtimer: Phoenix :airtimer: Top Steel: Intimidator 305 (Maverick in CLOSE 2nd)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby CoasterCrazy » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:42 am

^Yes, Knoebels is still pay-per ride.

Idiot.

Postby Jeezus Juice » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:03 am

I think this means a late season trip to PA!

Like I need an excuse to go back to K-nobs!

-Don

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby restoca » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:15 pm

Dailey Enterprizes wrote:Haha, all it means to me is that I "still" have to get to Knoebels Grove. It's sad that I live in PA (clear across the state) and never been there before. :(

At least you needn't fear that Knoebel's is going to vanish anytime soon. I'm in TX and have been there three times, so if I'm any example, they have plenty of far flung supporters... But you do need to get there... Lovely drive along the Susquehanna River from Harrisburg.

Looking for one more nickel night reride

Postby Tour2ma » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:22 am

Shockwave wrote:I've only ever seen archive footage of Flying Turns style rides, but they look like a lot of fun, and the nearest we've had to them for a while are the Mack & Intamin Bobsled coasters.
... and they aren't even in the same area code...

Is the achive footage on-line? If so, link please. All I have found are still photos.

I rode the Euclid Beach FT's many times as a kid and it is still atop my ride list. If you like out-of-control twisters, you will love the FT's. I mean how much more out-of-control can you get than no rails?

Of course I am assuming that Knoebel's will "do it right", which should be a pretty good bet. But I'd also bet we're looking at 2007 here given the absence of any design info, let alone construction updates. Hope I am wrong here though.

The only negative I see is ride capacity, especially if they use the EB style, 3-car trains as seen in my avatar. At only two per car (Wild Mouse style) the Coney Island 5-cars would obviously help some. Still I'd expect that it would be hard to get above 600/ hr or so given modern safety considerations... There were no mid-course, safety block, brake segments in the EB version.

Here is a post over at CF I made in a similar thread last November.
http://www.coasterfanatics.com/sec_forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=646&KW=flyin+turns&PN=0&TPN=2

And here is a nice pic of a FT car.... note the caster wheels....
euclid_beach ft car.jpg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!