Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 939 - Copperhead Strike Testing Footage!
Users viewing this topic: aLFREd_25, snapfordakids and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Re: Carowinds Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:41 am

http://www.carowinds.com/what-s-new/new-in-2013-dinosaurs-alive-

Dinosaurs Alive!- Coming in Spring 2013

Prepare to take a step back.....wayyy back!

Beginning next spring, guests will now have an opportunity to step back in time with the addition of Dinosaurs Alive, the largest animatronic dinosaur park in the Southeast! This multi-sensory and interactive dinosaur park that will allow guests to experience the sights and sounds of 32 roaring life-sized animated dinosaurs along a trail stretching across 5 wooded acres . Each dinosaur is made to replicate nearly every feature of the mammoth creatures that once roamed the Earth 120-million years ago. Some dinosaurs will move and roar on command, and kids will be able to explore their own dinosaur dig site giving visitors a prehistoric experience like none other!

Exhibit Highlights
  • Representation from 25 diverse species originally unearthed in 5 different continents.
  • Entertaining and educational, several dinosaurs come with a console so kids can move them themselves and each dinosaur is paired with information sharing how it lived millions of years ago.
  • Thirteen scenes spread across 1000+ yards of trails including the ferocious and ever popular Tyrannosaurus Rex as he battles it out with Triceratops.
  • The largest dinosaur will reach 40 feet high and over 60 feet long, the Ruyangosaurus from the early Cretaceous period
dino1.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:43 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:06 am

And not a single crap was given that day...

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby cwgator » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:32 am

Now my biggest decision is do I see it at Carowinds, Cedar Point or King's Island when I take my road trip in June....what a dilemma. Oh that and which park I should want to get stuck on Windseeker the most....lol
CURRENT COASTER CREDIT COUNT: 80
A little behind...planning to catch-up soon...

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:46 am

I really thought they'd do a kind of "traveling" version of DA, where they'd move it to a different park every couple of years or so. Guess they're making enough money that it makes more sense for them to put it into pretty much all of their properties.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:23 pm

I'm amazed that this turns enough money to warrant this rollout, it was a nice enough walk through when I did it but not something I would have thought would really bring in a lot of cash.

I'll be interested to see how many of these are there in 3-5 years

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Yamez » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:41 pm

Well, if they make enough money off of them to pay it off in the first year and then some, I'm sure the maintenance costs can't be terribly high. I wouldn't be surprised to see these stick around until they're falling apart.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Dom497 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:05 am

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby goldsteh » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:41 am

Is it me or does anyone else think that DA will be included in the admission price for Carowinds? I don't see anywhere in the press releases that this will be an upcharge attraction. Carowinds is a strong season pass park and that would make sense. Thoughts?

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby Intimidator305 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:57 am

^ I'd definitely put money on them charging the $5 fee like every other park. Being the only attraction Carowinds is getting in 2013, the GP would have exploded with complaints if they stated it was an up charge in the press release.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coasternut » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:35 am

Great more mechanical lizards!!! I won't pay for something like this... I'm a shareholder in Cedar Fair, so I'm sure this is making money at their other parks. I should be happy since it's making me money.
Coasternut,

LIVING FOR THAT AIRTIME!! :airtime:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!