Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 22

P. 25: HHN Grand Opening Media Event Photo Report
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Macaroni and Donkey

Re: Universal Orlando Halloween Horror Nights 22

Postby simtanic8 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:57 pm

Costumes anyone?

So far my favorite has to be the Warrior, that or the Traditionals. I can see Universal doing the two set cast with them, all nice and pretty at first but then transformed at night. Really excited for this year!

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby BBparks57 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:29 am

Awesome costumes! So far my experience has been amazing, I can't wait for next week!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:32 am

^Where are you cast at if you are allowed to say?
Last edited by ernierocker on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:33 am.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:39 am

That show girl outfit is HOT!

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby BBparks57 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:44 am

I left you a PM. Also, I am more interested to see how all the construction works out through this event. I was in the park the other day just hanging out watching all the trucks driving through as they ushered guests out of the way. I'm not sure how well that is going to work with all the drunk guests. Also, the entrance to the park has been decked out and is looking pretty awesome.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby simtanic8 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:28 pm

Entrance arch anyone? I can't wait to see it at night with all the lighting on!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:32 pm

Did someone say Tri-Bosomed Show Girl?!

I'm all in for the Chick Prisoner Chainsaw Drill Team, Badass!
Snoochie Boochie

Postby Wes » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:28 pm

This just makes me want a Bioshock maze even more and more. GET ON IT UNIVERSAL!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:38 pm

A Bioshock maze would be terrific.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby jcrouse » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:07 pm

Jacqi and I attended the Universal Halloween Horror Nights Media Sneak Peek on Wednesday, Sept. 12. It was a quick look into the upcoming event showcasing some of the costumes and theming for each of the houses. We also got a chance to see make-up artists at work up close and then a walk through 2 of the houses.

The houses and their themes have all been revealed long ago, so I won't recap them here but Universal did throw out a few new bits of info.

Universal's House of Horrors will feature Universal's classic stable of horror characters "reimagined and reanimated". They promised a new "lightning flash" style of animation - but they weren't ready to go in to any further details.

Universal also revealed that the roaming characters would not be confined to "scare zones" this year and that no place is safe - restaurants, gift shops, attraction queues are all fair game. Someone brought up the restrooms and the response was "Wait and see..." Among the roaming characters will be a hoard of "Walkers" - zombies from AMC's The Walking Dead. Up to 75 of these zombies will primarily infect the San Francisco area. Approximately every 45 minutes, the zombies will gather in a massive hoard and stagger their way off set during cast change outs.

Also announced was a bonus for those following HHN on Facebook. Fans of the page can have a scary phone message sent to themselves (or someone who could use a good scare).

Then it was time to check out the houses. The first house was "Dead End" and it was in "show ready" form with all of the effects and actors in place. This was pretty good. As one of the few houses that didn't have a license attached to it, it felt like a regular haunted house - and that's a good thing. It was a haunted northern mansion with some great effects and scare sequences and a creepy evil spirit that paced the loft above you.

The other house we previewed was "Silent Hill" based on the video game series - this house was completely lit with work lights and had none of the actors. But even with all of the lights on, you could tell this was going to be very cool. I only know a little about the game series - only that its set in a small creepy town populated with stacked nurses that have butt-ugly faces. They said that the pyramid head character would be in the house and that it also pulls a lot creatively from the new movie that comes out in a few weeks.

Over all the sneak peek really has me looking forward to going to this year's event. Thanks to Universal for hosting us and here are the photos...
hhn1.jpg
Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights Media Preview
IMG_2055.jpg
We're in the right place.
IMG_1136.jpg
They brought us to the Cafe La Bamba for our briefing. Along the side walls are the displays for each house.
IMG_2052.jpg
The Walking Dead costumes. Universal worked closely with the AMC cosmetic and costume artists to recreate actual zombie characters from the show.
IMG_1161.jpg
Welcome to Silent Hill.
IMG_2054.jpg
Seriously, what's that on your face?
IMG_2048.jpg
Jacqi was a little intimidated by the Showman from Alice Cooper's Welcome to my Nightmare.
IMG_2051.jpg
Something is different about this showgirl from Penn & Teller Newkd Las Vegas...
IMG_2050.jpg
Oh yeah, I needed three fingers to count her boobs.
IMG_2059.jpg
This is one of the evil spirits that haunts "Dead End".
IMG_2058.jpg
Hello Ring Mistress - from the 20 Penny Circus
IMG_2049.jpg
One of the roaming "scareactors" - Bioshock, anyone?
IMG_1175.jpg
One of the scareactors getting a nose job.
IMG_2047.jpg
On our way to our first house, we passed this cool table of heads.
IMG_2046.jpg
Welcome to Silent Hill - our second house of the day. All of the lights were on for our tour.
IMG_2061.jpg
This guy has seen some better days.
IMG_2066.jpg
Hello, Nurse. I guess I need to play the games and find out what's up with this chick.
IMG_1192.jpg
Hey, it's a cute little Bloody-Bunny!
IMG_1193.jpg
Pale little girl at the top of the steps = creepy.
IMG_2064.jpg
OK - now that is scary.
IMG_2065.jpg
And here's how we end this report. Go on, I dare you.
Last edited by jcrouse on Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:33 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!