Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Page 1843 - Volcano being REMOVED!
Users viewing this topic: i305isdaddy and 11 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Postby bfmcvs1 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:02 am

Announcement is about to start - Coaster Crew has a live video feed posted on there website.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby bbusic » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:10 am

It just started! LINK REMOVED

ADMIN EDIT: You are not yet allowed to post links to external sites, as you have not made at least 50 legitimate posts on the forum. Please refer to our Terms of Service for more on this rule.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:04 am.
1. Skyrush 2. Maverick 3. I305 4. Volcano 5. Montu 6. Storm Runner 7. Millennium Force 8. Diamondback 9. Thunderhead 10. Verbolten

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby DougMJr » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:11 am

Expansion of Planet Snoopy. World's Largest Peanuts Themed Children's Area.

Capture.JPG
Planet Snoopy

And it's Gene on the Mic!

Looks like there will be some family rides.
Last edited by DougMJr on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:22 am.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby bbusic » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:13 am

1. Skyrush 2. Maverick 3. I305 4. Volcano 5. Montu 6. Storm Runner 7. Millennium Force 8. Diamondback 9. Thunderhead 10. Verbolten

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby VinTheAttendant » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:16 am

Well, this is fantastic news for children and families, but the advertising as a new record, especially reaching out on Facebook and their website, it really built up hype to the people who are not affected by the announcement. Good for King's Dominion for making the experience for the children a lot better.

bbusic wrote:Woops, I should have been more specific; I meant B&M’s first lunched system.

And this made me laugh :lol:
Last edited by VinTheAttendant on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:40 am.
"Lazer Snake Horse On Fire looks too intense for me"

Click here to join me on my adventures around the world!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby DougMJr » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:22 am

^I agree... it seems a pretty deceiving, the record part. It is a very specific record. The worlds largest Peanuts themed Kid's area. If it was the worlds largest Kid's area I'd get it, but it really just means the largest out of the Cedar Fair parks.

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby ValleyfairFan » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:22 am

^Are you suggesting that parents with kids that "like" KD on Facebook aren't part of that facebook?

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Homeboy23 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:23 am

^^^ & ^^ Why shouldn't they hype it up just because it wasn't a record for a new coaster? It would make NO sense not to advertise it just because it wasn't a thrill ride. None whatsoever. It is a new record and they should advertise it that way.

For the last time roller coasters are the not the only thing a park has, people need to get that through their minds for once.

I will congatulate KD not only for expanding the kids area, but for the good marketing leading up to.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby VinTheAttendant » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:27 am

^ and ^^ If you look at the reactions on the Facebook page, that's more or less the reason why. The GP isn't as forgiving about these sort of things as the enthusiasts. Personally, I'm happy for the park. I think it will be a great addition. All I'm saying is that a lot of people feel deceived, and at least some marketing acknowledging children in mind would have lead to a more positive reaction from the encompassing GP.
Last edited by VinTheAttendant on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:30 am.
"Lazer Snake Horse On Fire looks too intense for me"

Click here to join me on my adventures around the world!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:27 am

Kings Dominion plans multi-million dollar expansion of Planet Snoopy

Togetherness takes on a whole new meaning as Kings Dominion announces plans for a multi-million dollar addition to its children’s area, Planet Snoopy. This 7-acre expansion will make Planet Snoopy the world’s largest PEANUTS™ themed children’s area when it debuts in the spring of 2013.

Planet Snoopy will boast at least 12 new and re-themed attractions based on one of the most beloved comic strip characters. The attractions, designed for families to ride together, include an opportunity for a family to take to the skies in a balloon ride, twirl around in classic tea cups with a new twist and hop aboard a PEANUTS™- themed railway. When the expansion is complete, Planet Snoopy will span nearly 14-acres.

In addition to the new family rides, Planet Snoopy will also feature:
  • A new iconic entrance fountain
  • Two live shows featuring family-friendly entertainment
  • Additional daily meet-and-greet opportunities with the PEANUTS™ characters including Charlie Brown, Linus, Lucy and, of course the world’s most popular Beagle – Snoopy
  • A newly expanded 1,100 square-foot family care facility equipped with changing stations, feeding rooms and nap areas
  • An open air marketplace featuring fresh fruit and food
Planet Snoopy is based on the popular and world-wide sensation of Charles Schulz’s PEANUTS™ characters, which have been family favorites for more than 60 years. From the famous comic strips, to the holiday movie classics, PEANUTS™ has always brought families together for an out-of-this-world experience.

“Snoopy and the PEANUTS™ gang are instantly recognizable and nostalgic characters that both parents and children can experience together,” Kings Dominion’s vice president and general manager Pat Jones said. “This sizeable expansion to Planet Snoopy is unparalleled in scope to anything in this region and re-affirms our commitment to delivering world-class family thrills and entertainment.”

Construction will begin after the park’s popular Halloween Haunt event at the end of October. The newly expanded Planet Snoopy is expected to open to the public in the spring of 2013. Those who cannot wait until next year can access exclusive updates, features, virtual renderings and more, including a webcam of the construction, at kingsdominion.com.

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

download.jpg
Last edited by ernierocker on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:02 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!