WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 177: Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge officially opens on 8/29/19
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby Stitch_101 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:07 pm

^ That could possibly be because of the rumors of Cars Land coming to DHS.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:11 pm

"USED TO BE IN QBERT THEN TOOK AN ARROW TO THE KNEE"

lol!
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Vince the Floridian » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:44 pm

Lucasland, anyone? A Star Wars themed land would bring in crowds bigger than anything else.

It's hot outside, and I have a headache

Postby SLUSHIE » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:08 pm

I wouldn't mind if the tram tour went away, other than Catastrophe Canyon it's pretty dumb. The pre show area alone would clear up a lot of space.

I remember when the Tram actually drove though the production area, through the suburbia street, and then around the New York area which is now a footpath. Really if it weren't for Disaster at Universal this attraction would seem pointless. Now you just drive around and pass some vehicles n things that anyone under 20 has no clue what they are, through the costume warehouse that I have never actually seen anyone doing anything inside for a long time, and Catastrophe Canyon. I also remember the walking tour that went though the production buildings, but I think they got rid of that just before or after Millionaire was built. The last time I remember going though there was when you could see them building the set for Millionaire. I remember seeing the sets from Dalmatians, and then they had a little interactive Home Improvement set of the backyard fence in a warehouse full of tons of props including Johnny 5!!
Last edited by SLUSHIE on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:54 pm.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:08 pm

Stitch_101 wrote:While I do believe DHS needs a major renovation/expansion, I'm a little concerned about how they will go about it. I know how popular Pixar movies and the Marvel universe are, but Pixar is already saturating many of the Disney parks.

Not quite sure what you're getting at here. The park has entire Pixar land with one attraction. It seems almost inevitable that they would add more to this area. If there is a park that could use some more Pixar, it would be DHS.

As far as the complete overhaul of the park, I would be more than happy without Carsland.

My best case scenario for a major refurb of the park:

~Lucasland with some sort of Indy dark ride, whether it's an E or D ticket, an exhibit all about Lucasfilm and ILM, and the Mos Eisley Cantina.
~The Monsters, Inc. Coaster
~A redone Great Movie Ride
~A C or D ticket based on either Up, Ratatouille, or Wall-E
~Redone Magic of Disney Animation exhibit that focuses on Pixar. This could be a really cool set-up with John Lasseter and the characters on screens interacting with a real Cast Member, ala Disaster. Allow guests to sketch a Pixar character, ask questions, and interact with someone that has 3D animation experience.
~Retheme of the HISTK Playset to A Bugs Life.

This park really doesn't need as much help as DCA did, I would think a budget of even half would be more than adequate.

EDIT: The Backlot Tour would have to be replaced with one of these, I just don't have my bearings around DHS quite yet.
Snoochie Boochie

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:13 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/09/nighttime-spectaculars-new-celebrate-the-magic-images-expanded-seating-for-fantasmic/

Also, one of my favorite nighttime spectaculars at Disney Parks will be growing. We’re installing an additional 1,000 seats in the Hollywood Hills Ampitheatre for the popular Fantasmic! shows. Fantasmic! is performed nightly and you can view our online calendar for specific dates and times.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:38 pm

^Every single time I've been to WDW, that show has been packed! Even though I am not a fan, it's good to see them responding to guest demand.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby triggernel » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:23 pm

Hopefully this doesn't allow them to cut down on the frequency of shows, and hopefully this brings us closer to an overdue refurb of the whole show.
Snoochie Boochie

Can take balls to the face

Postby paintballer » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:12 am

I dunno, Backlot Tour is still fun, but you're right, it needs something done, it is very "90's". I'd be sad to see it go, because I've been riding it my entire life but that is alot of free space back there that could be used for a awesome dark ride of sorts.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:02 am

If they decided to expand on the Pixar, I have a few thoughts. First Finding Nemo 2 has recently been rumored (not sure if its confirmed) but a great Finding Nemo roller coaster would be cool. Also Monster Inc. University is coming soon. I'm sure there is a ride to be made from that. Both of those rides can go into the Backlot Tour area cause that needs to go. Correct me if i am wrong but doesn't that area of the park even close after 6pm as well. At least they closed it early last time i was there. Just seems like a waste. I kind of think EPCOT needs the next big expansion but a Pixar expansion to the Studios would be nice.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!