Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby ernierocker » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:24 pm

^Good, because they are the targeted audience.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Yamez » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:22 pm

That is a seriously awesome effect.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Jew wrote:^I don't think it is two doors. It looks to me like the door opening is a projected effect, not two doors actually opening.

This seems like a larger scale version of how Shariki disappears at ToT in Tokyo: lights go out, "mirror" quickly moves out of way.

How does Shariki disappear? Where does he go?
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Not telling. :p
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:02 pm

He drops down real quick. It's hidden so well by the lightning effects, you can't see it in real time. Robb slowed down his video to show it.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:41 am

While I'm obviously not the target audience for a Belle meet and greet this whole experience looks pretty amazing. I'd love to see Disney adapt this type of next gen meet n greet attraction to other characters like Captain Jack Sparrow or maybe even some of the Star Wars characters like Darth Vader for the male audience. I could see a similar experience for those characters working really well.
Last edited by Hilltopper39 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:59 am.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:57 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/09/a-sip-of-lefous-brew-from-gastons-tavern-in-new-fantasyland-at-magic-kingdom-park/

We think this signature beverage will be a big hit at Gaston’s Tavern when New Fantasyland opens later this year – LeFou’s Brew, named after Gaston’s sidekick in “Beauty and the Beast.” It’s no-sugar added frozen apple juice with a hint of toasted marshmallow, topped with all-natural passion fruit-mango foam. We bet the souvenir steins and goblets are going to go fast. (And, yes, if it sounds familiar, guests at Cars Land at the Disneyland Resort may have tasted the frozen concoction at the Cozy Cone.)

gtc809172LARGE.jpg

The quick-service restaurant, created to look like a comfy lodge in the English countryside, will be a great place to escape from the Florida sun. Outside is a statue of Gaston hoisting two kegs of his favorite brew; inside he’s center stage in a big portrait over the fireplace.

The signature sweet at Gaston’s, by the way, is warm, gooey cinnamon rolls, served all day.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:58 am

^ Damn, the answer to Butterbeer sounds delicious.

Hilltopper39 wrote:I'd love to see Disney adapt this type of next gen meet n greet attraction to other characters like Captain Jack Sparrow or maybe even some of the Star Wars characters like Darth Vader for the male audience. I could a similar experience for those characters working really well.

Completely agree with this!
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Postby Moose » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:10 am

I want that Gaston Mug! Too bad it looks like it's plastic so it wouldn't work well with coffee.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby broomy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:21 am

Wow looks fantastic for the kids. I take it the previews are invite only at the moment?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!