TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Hi guys!

I've been lurking this forum for a while and finally decided to join...

I'm a SoCal girl who moved to Dallas a couple of years ago. (Can I say I miss my Knotts Berry Farm and SFMM?!)

I purchased a season pass for SFOT this year and have been going regularly all summer long. I'm just going to add my disappointment to the SkyScreamer pool! I was really hoping for a sweet new coaster. What's with SFOT and SFFT having the same stuff?!? Are they twins? Need to dress alike?

I think its because they re-tracked Texas Giant last year, which qualifies it as a new coaster experience. At least they're getting something. A new SkyScreamer is better than nothing.

Dress alike. That was funny. lol

Welcome to the forums! Officially. I'm pretty new myself. But welcome.

Edited by brock_boehm

There are a lot worse parks out there than SFOT. You could be near SFA!!!! A star flyer is a decent addition and it's not like SFOT has ever really suffered in the rides or getting new stuff department.

Oh my God that park is the worst. Great comparison. Really shows you parks can be worse...

Its like when you feel fat, just look at someone bigger. Feel like you got a crappy Six Flags look at Six Flags America!

I'm thankful I don't have SFA in my backyard, but I also would be more grateful if I had a new ride.

Sure looking at a fat person might make you feel better, but that's still not gonna actually take you anywhere. What you gotta do is look at the super fit person, and hit the gym to actually get better.

Ok so that's not how corporations and everything work, but damn, there's just a lot of potential. But It's ok, because I know that one day there going to put something in that corner. Just hope it's awesome...

Also, Starflyers are awesome. If the 400 foot rumor is true, even better!

No, the official announcement is tomorrow.

And even if SFoT does get a Star Flyer it'd almost certainly go where Chute-Out was, which of course means they still plan on putting something in Flashback (and likely the Bumper Cars) area. I haven't heard of any demolition of the strip mall or other area yet so if I had to venture a guess it'd be a coaster in 2014.

But hey, I'd be glad to be proved wrong.

...Anyway, what does it have to do with National Roller Coaster Day? Not much to us, but for the GP, it won't really seem like some kind of horrible false advertisement to allude to National Roller Coaster Day in a teaser for a big giant thrill ride. A lot of them don't even know the difference between the two.

Exactly what I've been thinking. My other thought was that maybe it was their way of gently teasing enthusiasts, as parks have been known to do, though of course like most things it was overall targeted toward the general public.

^I suspect that some of the folks who write the little teasers and such for the park's Facebook might not even fully comprehend the difference, lol. I mean, it often seems pretty obvious that those folks don't really have an enthusiast's knowledge of the different rides and how to describe them.

A 400 Star Flyer? Why are some people so sold on a 400 foot tall Star Flyer? Isn't Six Flags New England supposed to get the world's tallest Star Flyer at 385 feet? They're calling it the world's tallest swing set, so how would SFoT get a 400 tall Star Flyer if SFNE is getting the 'world's tallest' at 385 feet? This doesn't add up, maybe a 300 foot Star Flyer but i wouldn't say 400 foot.

Edited by TXthrills2010

Technically, "go soaring" could refer to a wing coaster, a flyer, or even a 4th dimension.

...but it's probably a StarFlyer. Yawn.

Maybe it'll suck people out of the Giant queue.

OK, so now I'm most geeked up over what SFFT will announce.

Unless Fiesta's announcing better operations, I'm not sure I really care.

main_DALTexasSkyScreamer.jpg.8b5f9c5d5612abcef64501e7c76a41e5.jpg

Six Flags Over Texas introduces the tallest SkyScreamer in the world!

In 2013, prepare to soar to new heights on the all-new Texas SkyScreamer at Six Flags Over Texas.

Towering an astounding 400-feet above the ground, the Texas SkyScreamer will be the tallest swing ride in the world that only looks sweet and innocent. Once you are strapped into the open-air seat of this extreme swing ride, prepare for takeoff. The Texas SkyScreamer will start to slowly swing you around and around as it takes you all the way up to the very top of the tower where you’ll spin around and around just below a gigantic Texas Lone Star. Before you know it you’ll be going faster and faster, soaring in a 124-foot-wide circle with the wind blowing in your face at 35 mile per hour and your feet dangling in sheer terror 400-feet above Six Flags Over Texas.

Word of advice: Don’t look down. It will make you weak in the knees when you realize those aren’t ants wandering about on the ground below. If you’re brave enough to open your eyes, by day you’ll have a breathtaking aerial view of the park down below and an amazing panoramic view of the surrounding areas. By night it will be a totally different experience when the Texas SkyScreamer lights up the night with its lighted arms whirling high above the park, not to mention the absolutely amazing nighttime views of downtown Dallas, downtown Fort Worth, and of course Cowboys Stadium and the Texas Rangers Ballpark here in Arlington, TX.

“We take great pride in offering the best, the biggest, and the most innovative attractions for our guests,” said Steve Martindale, Six Flags Over Texas and Hurricane Harbor park president. “This ride experience will be unlike any other tower swing ride ever built. If you want to Go Big, then ride the Texas SkyScreamer next spring.”

The Texas SkyScreamer is set to debut in summer 2013.

main_DALWPBlackHole.jpg.52e5a6df096d64df55569195b270071e.jpg

Brave the all-new Black Hole of Doom 4-D

Prepare to brave the Black Hole ofDoom 4-D at Six Flags Hurricane Harbor.

As part of its 30th Anniversary celebration, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor is transforming the Black Hole, one of the park’s most popular water attractions, in to a whole new level of pure adrenaline rush. The all-new Black Hole of Doom 4-D will feature state-of-the-art technology filled with special effects, including holographic projections and spine-chilling sounds, that play on your senses as you plunge down the twists and turns of the 500-foot long dark, enclosed slides for a brand new adventure like you’ve never experienced before.

“The Black Hole has been a long time favorite at Hurricane Harbor and no doubt the new enhancements will maintain the status for many years to come,” said Steve Martindale, Six Flags Hurricane Harbor park president. “Black Hole of Doom 4-D will be a great addition to the the already diverse ride line up at the water park.”

The Black Hole of Doom 4-D is set to debut summer 2013.

Edited by robbalvey

As was discussed with Lex Luthor, isn't there some point of diminishing returns with height? Is the only real reason to go 400' is to have the record? Will the ride experience be a whole lot different than a 320' model?

I guess they didn't really need to tear out the boomerang, then, right? I mean I guess they did because St. Louis needs it, but Over Texas didn't need the space right now....