TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Great addition, I love star flyers and this one should fit in nicely at SFOG. Any mention of what section of the park it is going into?

For what it's worth I feel like the star flyer is a ride that every park in America should have, a modern day tilt-a-whirl or ferris wheel if you will.

Great addition, I love star flyers and this one should fit in nicely at SFOG. Any mention of what section of the park it is going into?

For what it's worth I feel like the star flyer is a ride that every park in America should have, a modern day tilt-a-whirl or ferris wheel if you will.

From all of the press releases and fact sheets I see nothing about where it is going in the park. Hopefully Brad can let us know!

main_ATLSkyScreamer.jpg.2750235b996c45d8a7eb57dab467f95c.jpg

SkyScreamer!

Soar to Extreme New Heights on SkyScreamer!

In 2013, prepare to soar to extreme new heights on the all-new SkyScreamer at Six Flags Over Georgia.

SkyScreamer only looks sweet and innocent, but towering 24-stories above the ground, this extreme swing ride is anything but that. First, SkyScreamer will be the tallest attraction in the park’s 45-year history, and exactly four-stories taller than the park’s gut-wrenching mega coaster Goliath!

Once you are strapped into your open-air seat, prepare for takeoff. SkyScreamer will start to slowly swing you around and around and around as it takes you all the way up to the very top of the tower. Before you know it you’ll be going faster and faster, soaring in a 98-foot-wide circle with the wind blowing in your face at 40 miles per hour with your feet dangling in sheer terror 24-stories above Six Flags Over Georgia.

Word of advice: Don’t look down. It will make you weak in the knees when you realize those aren’t ants wandering about on the ground below. If you’re brave enough to open your eyes, by day you’ll have a breathtaking aerial view of the park down below and an amazing panoramic view of the surrounding areas. By night it will be a totally different experience when SkyScreamer lights up the night as its lighted arms whirl high above the park.

“We are beyond excited to debut this thrilling attraction at our park next year,” said Melinda Ashcraft, park president, Six Flags Atlanta Properties. “SkyScreamer will take thrills to new heights at Six Flags Over Georgia. The 2013 season will be another exciting year for the park as we continue to provide innovative rides, shows and attractions for our guests.”

main_ATLWPTyphoonTwister.jpg.d2fe22fe4cd1fd2660361650178dc861.jpg

Brave the storm on the new Typhoon Twister at Six Flags White Water.

In 2013, prepare to brave the storm on the all-new Typhoon Twister at Six Flags White Water.

Typhoon Twister will make landfall at Six Flags White Water in summer 2013. The massive new water park attraction — the very first of its kind in the state — will take you by storm, sending you and 3 other bold adventurists (on a four-person tube) barreling down an enclosed five-story drop before shooting you out into a gigantic 67-foot wide bowl where you’ll be hurled around and around in pure mayhem, before finally dropping out through a corkscrew chute into a splash pool below.

“We are beyond excited to debut Typhoon Twister next year”, said Melinda Ashcraft, park president, Six Flags Atlanta Properties. “The 2013 season will be another exciting year at the park as we continue to provide innovative water rides and slides for our guests.”

Edited by robbalvey

From all of the press releases and fact sheets I see nothing about where it is going in the park. Hopefully Brad can let us know!

We haven't announced where in the park it will be (more to come later this season)... but I bet a few people on here can figure out the general area. I can say that the top of the ride will be within 2-feet of Goliath's lift height when you take into consideration the elevation change in the park.

Typhoon Twister will be located near the Activity Pool at SFWW (adjacent to First Aid / Season Pass Processing).

I actually wanted a Sky Screamer, so I'm happy now. I've seen videos of these rides, and I've always wanted to experience one, so now I finally can! I mean, what's the closest one to here?

Also, anyone think its funny how they gave the latest Sky Screamers to the first two Six Fags parks?

I'm sure Brad can expand on it, but when Goliath opened I remember reading an article where Melinda said they *could* have gone higher than 200 feet, but there is a lot of red tape involved with it so they chose to go with the "sure approval" with a 200ft lift. Goliath is towards the highest point in the park, and it sounds like Sky Screamer will be at one of the lower points so their height difference is only about 2 feet instead of the actual 40 foot difference if they would have been built side by side on level ground.

^Not much else to add - while I don't know all of the official FAA regulations, we do have to seek approval when we install anything that is, essentially, over the tree line.

We even have to get approval or notify the FAA when we have fireworks shows (and even when we did a balloon release at the Dare Devil Dive media event).

I think this will be a good addition for SFOG, and now I have all year to get the nerve up to get on it next year. The Star Flyers terrify me even more than the Windseekers.

I'm still hoping that an X-Flight and the full retracking of Cyclone with Topper Track figure somewhere into that 5 year plan!

^Not much else to add - while I don't know all of the official FAA regulations, we do have to seek approval when we install anything that is, essentially, over the tree line.

We even have to get approval or notify the FAA when we have fireworks shows (and even when we did a balloon release at the Dare Devil Dive media event).

Thank you for telling us all this. I don't know if you can say this or not, but is Georgia Cyclone going to be retracked with more topper track this off season? The parts that don't have topper track still hurt, and the parts with the track are very smooth and enjoyable.

I visited the park this past weekend since I moved from Texas to Mississippi for college and I didn't want to be stuck in my dorm with my mom that was visiting me for the weekend! So here is my PTR!

Saturday was not crowded at all in my opinion, but when I went Sunday morning it was crowded....

Rides: (In order)

Saturday:

Dare Devil Dive; 40-45min It was Broke down for like 10 minuets after we enter the line... I don't like that the coaster doesn't have a single riders line cause I have seen to many open seats on the trains that single riders like me can sit and not wait. Rode in Front Seat and that drop and the barrel roll was the only parts I really like on the coaster... Six Flags needs to invest more of these to there smaller parks or their forgotten ones.. cough cough St. Louis cough cough

Superman: Ultimate Flight; 5-10min Awesome Flying Coaster (My first) and thank you Flash Pass. Rode in the front seat and nothing much else to say cause I was speechless.

Dodge City Bumper Cars; 5-10min I didn't see the Flash Pass line lol so I waited with the regulars... People were hating me cause I had an MSU Tshirt on. I was there target!

Ninja; No wait! I know what you are saying but it is a credit for me and I thought the one in St. Louis was amazing but once I got on and sat on the backseat, I was like Jesus take the wheel!

Great American Scream Machine; 00-05min I thought it was a great ride but the person I rode it with, his elbow kept hitting me in my stomach... I was making sure he couldn't do it but he kept on doing it during the whole ride and even in the breakun... =(

Peachtree Square Sky Buckets; 05-10min Fun little classic ride, I was scared at first but I loved it and my mom brought back memories when she rode a similar ride at AstroWorld... RIP Astroworld!

Dahlonega Mine Train; No Wait... Well it wasn't great but it was okay, I rather ride Mine Train at SFOT! Maybe I am used to it?

Acrophobia; 00-05min LOVED IT alot better than Scream at Fiesta Texas... Everything from the spin to the drop was amazing! I want to ride it again!

Georgia Cyclone; No wait Sat in the backseat and this wooden coaster was beasting with that airtime! IMO Best coaster in the park... I love wooden coasters!

The Georgia Scorcher; 10-15min First Stand-up coaster and I loved it... Front seat is where that coaster is at. Even though I think my legs where giving up, I stuck through it! The thing that I've notice is that I saw people trying to stand in a sitting position and the ride operators let them... I though it was a stand up?

Batman; 00-05min Rode in the backseat and the ride operators didn't know it was about to rain, but when they green button to let us go, it started to pour heavy... And got ride Batman in the pouring rain!! Now I can say I rode a coaster in the pouring rain and a coaster in the snow (Mine Train at SFOT).

Mindbender; 30-40min even though I had a Flash Pass I had to wait tell the ride operators had an all clear to operate again. Even though I thought Shockwave at SFOT was alot better, Mindbender will have a special place in my heart for being my 50th coaster credit!

Goliath 2X; 00-05min What an amazing coaster with the airtime, but is just gets a close second after Georgia Cyclone! It was a great ride but Titan defeats it big time... Rode in second row and back row!

Monster Mansion; No wait This ride was freaking amazing imo I would much rather have this type of attraction than Scooby Doo at Fiesta Texas... There is alot of stuff inside this ride I was least expecting! Six Flags other parks would love to have this type of attraction!

Wheelie; No wait This made me think all the good times I had on Wagon Wheel at Fiesta Texas! RIP Wagon Wheel, you will be forever missed in my family!!

Ninja; No wait Yes I rode it again this time front and never again!!

Great American Scream Machine; 00-05min Alot better experience this time since I was riding alone but not a fan of it!

Goliath; 00-05min

Mind Bender; No wait Had to give my 50th coaster credit another ride for the day!!

Acrophobia; No wait Had to get my last ride on it, since I didn't know when the next time I will ride it! =( It was still better than Scream!

Georgia Cyclone 3X; No wait I had to get my last ride in before the park closed for the night on my favorite coaster in the park!! Rode in the front, middle, and then back!

Sunday (No Flash Pass):

Dare Devil Dive; 30-45min Rode in the back this time and that drop was amazing! But this ride needs a single rider line for people like me!

Mind Bender; 00-05min Last ride of my experience at the park =(... I had to get my 50th a good goodbye!

Shows: I didn't see any...

Food: Slurpee on Saturday and Sunday

Shopping: Yes I bought a Tshirt for momentum and Flash Pass!

Notes:

I freakin loved the Flash Pass... Worth every penny!!

The only ride closed was Wile E. Coyote Canyon Blaster... That was the only thing that made me upset of my experience...

Great Friendly employees and alot better active then the ones I experience in Texas...

And another thing that made me upset is that non of the employees I talked to knew about SkyScreamer. I know it was just announced last week, but I think they should know about it when a guest ask about it like me, even though I ridden the one at SFFT... Most of them thought I was talking about the Sky Coaster.

Now for PICTURES!!

(The instagram photos are taken by me and the regular are taken my mom!)

Saturday

Welcome to SFOG!!

First credit of the day, Dare Devil Dive!

First Flying coaster!

Here is proof I was at the park! Haters going to Hate!

Don't let Ninja make wanna ride!

Acrophobia

Best coaster in the park, In my Opinion!

This coaster was scorhen!

Another proof, that I was at the park!

Batman in pouring rain!

50th COASTER CREDIT!!!

Goliath Dominates!!

Whistle Stop park disappointed me the whole time... SkyScreamer please replace it!!

Ninja intimidates you walking in Lickskillet!

Crying right now... I want SFFT to bring back Wagon Wheel!

Ninja was being Sexy today, you guys!

Lift Hill of GASM!

Goliath dominates all over! Mi Gusta!

A city is a plus in my book if they have a Hard Rock!! Now only if I visited Hard Rock Park!

See I thought my hometown Austin was weird but Atlanta surely did beat it this past weekend!

Sunday!

Walking from our hotel! WIN

One last ride on Dare Devil Dive!!

Dare Devil Dive also dominates its own area, but if you turn around its a different new story!

See...

The only shot you can get on Mind Bender if you don't go to Deep South Bash with TPR!!

It shocked my how many employees didn't know about SkyScreamer even though there were signs everywhere and ads playing!

Advertising for Fright Fest!

I spy with my little eye Fright Fest construction!

Goodbye Six Flags Over Georgia!! Can't wait to visit again...

Our hotel is kinda late on the Go Big Go Six Flags slogan!

Goliath

Me and my mom visiting World of Coke.... Beverly wasn't nasty to me but something in the Asia section like destroyed my stomach the whole day...

Thanks for reading!

I have a few questions about Atlanta/SFOG- I'll be flying down to Atl on 9-22 to catch Pearl Jam at Music Midtown in Piedmont Park. I booked the return for late Sunday, figuring that while I'm down there I may as well get a few rides in before being homeward bound.

What I'm most interested in is to find a reasonably priced hotel/motel near the airport and Piedmont Park that offers some sort of shuttle service to the park and back- the caveat being that it's not exactly peak season, so I'm not sure if places that might offer this during the summer continue doing so in the fall. I'm not renting a car, so visiting the park depends entirely on finding something that can take me there and back, or if it's within reason- a taxi.