Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

P. 680 - Pandemonium Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:00 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:Great addition, I love star flyers and this one should fit in nicely at SFOG. Any mention of what section of the park it is going into?

For what it's worth I feel like the star flyer is a ride that every park in America should have, a modern day tilt-a-whirl or ferris wheel if you will.

From all of the press releases and fact sheets I see nothing about where it is going in the park. Hopefully Brad can let us know!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:04 am

Still holding out hope for Ninja's spot! :cool:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:07 am

main_ATLSkyScreamer.jpg

SkyScreamer!

Soar to Extreme New Heights on SkyScreamer!

In 2013, prepare to soar to extreme new heights on the all-new SkyScreamer at Six Flags Over Georgia.

SkyScreamer only looks sweet and innocent, but towering 24-stories above the ground, this extreme swing ride is anything but that. First, SkyScreamer will be the tallest attraction in the park’s 45-year history, and exactly four-stories taller than the park’s gut-wrenching mega coaster Goliath!

Once you are strapped into your open-air seat, prepare for takeoff. SkyScreamer will start to slowly swing you around and around and around as it takes you all the way up to the very top of the tower. Before you know it you’ll be going faster and faster, soaring in a 98-foot-wide circle with the wind blowing in your face at 40 miles per hour with your feet dangling in sheer terror 24-stories above Six Flags Over Georgia.

Word of advice: Don’t look down. It will make you weak in the knees when you realize those aren’t ants wandering about on the ground below. If you’re brave enough to open your eyes, by day you’ll have a breathtaking aerial view of the park down below and an amazing panoramic view of the surrounding areas. By night it will be a totally different experience when SkyScreamer lights up the night as its lighted arms whirl high above the park.

“We are beyond excited to debut this thrilling attraction at our park next year,” said Melinda Ashcraft, park president, Six Flags Atlanta Properties. “SkyScreamer will take thrills to new heights at Six Flags Over Georgia. The 2013 season will be another exciting year for the park as we continue to provide innovative rides, shows and attractions for our guests.”

main_ATLWPTyphoonTwister.jpg

Brave the storm on the new Typhoon Twister at Six Flags White Water.

In 2013, prepare to brave the storm on the all-new Typhoon Twister at Six Flags White Water.

Typhoon Twister will make landfall at Six Flags White Water in summer 2013. The massive new water park attraction — the very first of its kind in the state — will take you by storm, sending you and 3 other bold adventurists (on a four-person tube) barreling down an enclosed five-story drop before shooting you out into a gigantic 67-foot wide bowl where you’ll be hurled around and around in pure mayhem, before finally dropping out through a corkscrew chute into a splash pool below.

“We are beyond excited to debut Typhoon Twister next year”, said Melinda Ashcraft, park president, Six Flags Atlanta Properties. “The 2013 season will be another exciting year at the park as we continue to provide innovative water rides and slides for our guests.”
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:11 am.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby SFOG » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:07 am

SharkTums wrote:
Hilltopper39 wrote:Great addition, I love star flyers and this one should fit in nicely at SFOG. Any mention of what section of the park it is going into?

For what it's worth I feel like the star flyer is a ride that every park in America should have, a modern day tilt-a-whirl or ferris wheel if you will.

From all of the press releases and fact sheets I see nothing about where it is going in the park. Hopefully Brad can let us know!

We haven't announced where in the park it will be (more to come later this season)... but I bet a few people on here can figure out the general area. I can say that the top of the ride will be within 2-feet of Goliath's lift height when you take into consideration the elevation change in the park.

Typhoon Twister will be located near the Activity Pool at SFWW (adjacent to First Aid / Season Pass Processing).

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby shivtim » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:16 am

I'm also excited for this ride! I think it will be a great family-friendly addition. I rode the Star Flyer at Holiday Park and it was really fun. The 40mph breeze will be a nice way to cool off during the hot Georgia summers.

The Pony Express can't find my teepee

Postby chadster » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:40 am

So I am guessing the weight limit on the Typhoon is two TPR members or one ACEr at a time?

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:48 pm

Where will Typhoon Twister be located at White water?
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:53 pm

^From three posts above you:

Typhoon Twister will be located near the Activity Pool at SFWW (adjacent to First Aid / Season Pass Processing).

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:49 pm

Reading between the lines....I guess the question now is what is being removed for Sky Screamer?

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby theonetheonlyJT » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:51 pm

chadster wrote:So I am guessing the weight limit on the Typhoon is two TPR members or one ACEr at a time?

:lmao:
So what is the true height limit for SFOG? and It will be cool swinging 40ft above Goliath =).
Signature, I don't need no stinking signature!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!